Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 05-11-2015, 10:45 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, I picked up these today for $20 each! I hope to find time to try them on later this week.

Then, while down covering a search and rescue drill at the beach near Long Beach, Wash., this evening, I had save two stuck vehicles from the incoming tide. One was a Subaru, the other a Chevy truck. The Chevy was in such a bad spot that I had to use my winch to get it away from the high tide line. Once safe, I hooked up to the front of the truck and tried to pull her to firm ground. It was then while I was moving slowly forward, that in a blink of an eye, I buried the Ex to the floor boards!

Luckily there was a Fire Department beach rescue duce and a half near by. They were not allowed to pull me for legal reasons, but they were a good anchor for my 12k winch. Shortly there after, I was free and headed home.

My Ex has/had sand in places that it should not have. My ABS light is now shinning brightly (most likely pulled a sensor line loose somewhere), I just hope everything else is OK. No codes showing and the Ex got a very long and thorough hose down this evening.

Sorry for not having taken photos of the buried Ex. I was too geared up with trying to get unstuck...

But man am I glad that I invested in that 12k winch!!!

Old 05-11-2015, 10:56 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
David, I've never driven on sand, but your evening makes me never want to try it haha.

Well look at this....sucks the pics are all old but i never update my garage...

TRUCK YOU! A 2002 Excursion V10 in Alaska - Ford-Trucks.com

It was soooo nice tonight i went on a little cruise, then one dark cloud had to get my truck wet! damn it.

Name:  20150511_185324_zpsxd9qqrap.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  956.9 KB
Name:  20150511_1858352_zpsfzxlnecf.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  422.8 KB

This one cloud....
Name:  20150511_192414_zpsuwq3jwgs.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  850.5 KB

Old 05-11-2015, 11:19 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
David, I've never driven on sand, but your evening makes me never want to try it haha.

It was soooo nice tonight i went on a little cruise, then one dark cloud had to get my truck wet! damn it.

This one cloud....
Russ, I hate you for those photos, so much so, that I am almost glad that rain cloud came along

We miss Alaska so much, and there is nothing like a drive down the Seward Highway on a beautiful day!

Old 05-11-2015, 11:47 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by USCG_PA
Russ, I hate you for those photos, so much so, that I am almost glad that rain cloud came along

We miss Alaska so much, and there is nothing like a drive down the Seward Highway on a beautiful day!

It was wonderful until i hit the O'mally Exit, Had to get my dad some dinner at Wendys and the rain started pouring. It was all i could do to get my sunroof shut in time haha I think this summer is going to be a beautiful one!

So after the little write up FTE did, i felt the need to update my garage photos. So in case anyone had not seen all the trucks in my sig i now have photos of them all.

AlaskanEx's Albums - Ford-Trucks

Old 05-12-2015, 12:46 AM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by USCG_PA
Then, while down covering a search and rescue drill at the beach near Long Beach, Wash., this evening, I had save two stuck vehicles from the incoming tide. One was a Subaru, the other a Chevy truck. The Chevy was in such a bad spot that I had to use my winch to get it away from the high tide line. Once safe, I hooked up to the front of the truck and tried to pull her to firm ground. It was then while I was moving slowly forward, that in a blink of an eye, I buried the Ex to the floor boards!

Luckily there was a Fire Department beach rescue duce and a half near by. They were not allowed to pull me for legal reasons, but they were a good anchor for my 12k winch. Shortly there after, I was free and headed home.

My Ex has/had sand in places that it should not have. My ABS light is now shinning brightly (most likely pulled a sensor line loose somewhere), I just hope everything else is OK. No codes showing and the Ex got a very long and thorough hose down this evening.

Sorry for not having taken photos of the buried Ex. I was too geared up with trying to get unstuck...

But man am I glad that I invested in that 12k winch!!!
Here are some photos from the drill I was at when I had to rescue others, and then rescue myself when the Ex dug in up to the floorboards (still mad at myself for not taking photos of the "beached" Ex)...

The crew of the 52-foot Motor Life Boat Triumph, from Coast Guard Station Cape Disappointment, drops off Coast Guard personnel into the surf off of Seaview Beach, during the 22nd annual multi-agency surf rescue drill held near Long Beach, Wash., May 11, 2015.<br/><br/>The crew of the Triumph provided a safety watch for the Coast Guard personnel in the water who acted as survivors of a vessel that had capsized in the rough surf and were in need of rescue by shore and water response crews.

-------

A rescue crew aboard a personal watercraft navigates the surf as part of the shore side response during the 22nd annual multi-agency surf rescue drill held near Long Beach, Wash., May 11, 2015.<br/><br/>Two watercraft crews assisted Coast Guard response crews in rescuing people from the water during a simulated response to a boat capsizing in the surf.

-------

Rescue personnel transfer a survivor from a rescue watercraft to a backboard and onto the beach during the 22nd annual multi-agency surf rescue drill held near Long Beach, Wash., May 11, 2015.<br/><br/>Shore side rescue crews coordinated their response as the watercraft rescue personnel delivered survivors to the beach during the surf rescue drill.

-------

Rescue personnel transfer a survivor to the beach during the 22nd annual multi-agency surf rescue drill held near Long Beach, Wash., May 11, 2015.<br/><br/>Shore side rescue crews coordinated their response and the triage of survivors from a simulated boat capsizing in the surf and treat their subsequent injuries.

-------

Rescue crews on the beach help ashore a survivor, while another survivor is tended near an ambulance and rescue crews continue to work offshore to save those in the water during the 22nd annual multi-agency surf rescue drill held near Long Beach, Wash., May 11, 2015.<br/><br/>During the surf rescue drill, several Coast Guard crewmembers played as victims in need of rescue and medical treatment after a simulated capsizing of a vessel in the surf off of the beach.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:58 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Cool pictures. I like the 52'. Not many units have those correct? That 4x4 Ambulance is Awesome.

Sounds like the winch was money well spent.

Old 05-12-2015, 01:07 AM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
Cool pictures. I like the 52'. Not many units have those correct? That 4x4 Ambulance is Awesome.

Sounds like the winch was money well spent.
There are only four 52-footers in the Coast Guard. All are in the Pacific Northwest. They were built in the 1960's and are unique, as they are the only vessels, other than the larger cutters, in that have names.

They are:

Victory - Station Yaquina Bay, Newport, Ore.
Invincible II - Station Grays Harbor, Westport, Wash.
Triumph II - Station Cape Disappointment, Ilwaco, Wash.
Intrepid – Station Coos Bay, Charleston, Ore.

They are amazing boats and are dearly loved by their crews! More information can be found here: https://www.uscg.mil/d13/docs/factsheets/52.pdf

Old 05-12-2015, 07:33 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 815 Likes on 566 Posts
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx

Nice write up Russ! And of course as always great pictures.

David, Sounds like you had a pretty interesting evening on the beach! Cool pics and a good on you for being prepared to help the others AND yourself! I like the 4X4 Ambulance too!

Old 05-12-2015, 08:11 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
All kids of winning on this page! All we need is some girl in a bikini and it would be complete!

Old 05-12-2015, 08:36 AM
nmclella
Posting Guru
Natedogg had the first workplace accident of the season today

Old 05-12-2015, 08:46 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
All kids of winning on this page! All we need is some girl in a bikini and it would be complete!
Ask and you shall receive.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:48 AM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowseeker

Old 05-12-2015, 09:06 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 815 Likes on 566 Posts
Originally Posted by nmclella
Natedogg had the first workplace accident of the season today
Well Nate at least it seems like you are planning ahead for more! Work safe and stop bending up the nice yellow Fords!

Old 05-12-2015, 05:45 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
Well Nate at least it seems like you are planning ahead for more! Work safe and stop bending up the nice yellow Fords!
At least he didn't set it on fire or total delete of the fender

Old 05-12-2015, 07:22 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Offer has been excepted!!!! Name:  huge-dancing-banana_zps637c862f.gif
Views: 266
Size:  117.7 KB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?