Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 05:53 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 275 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by carbon coupe
I put the RiffRaff return system on mine and instantly noticed a huge difference. I recommend at least that.
He's got a 6.0, so the equivalent is the Regulated Return.

A buddy had a bad experience with an air dog. He had it professionally installed and close to a year after having it, it left him on the side of the road. Needless to say, he runs a stock pump now.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:22 AM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think anyone has had a good experience with air dog. It used to be so popular and I don't know 1 single person still running one after their pump died 5 times

Old 05-22-2014, 07:32 AM
Splash67
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by acf6
I don't think anyone has had a good experience with air dog. It used to be so popular and I don't know 1 single person still running one after their pump died 5 times
I would contact AirDog directly if you are having any issues with their systems. I personally know the owner and I'm sure that he would not be happy if you're not happy.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:43 AM
BassFantasizer
Hotshot
Received 4,667 Likes on 2,601 Posts
Originally Posted by kev03
I was offered 14,000 dollars for my x told him no-way! 2003 7.3l with 128,000 on the clock
If you should develop a brain aneurism and decide that you really do want to sell it at that price, just PM me. Sold!

Actually, let's not be restrictive here. Brain injury, drug dependency, divorce, entering a monastery, etc. I'm not judgmental.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:12 AM
jspence105
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
Andy, I have the aftermarket ones ('08+) from 1AAuto and the mirror quality is top quality, both top and bottom. I'd take a picture but now we know you can't make a judgement based on a pic. I understand your concerns though, I too have seen other aftermarket mirrors that were less than perfect, but these and the Kool-View ones ('05 style) they replaced were on par with OEM in my opinion.

I agree 100% great mirrors great price. Still very happy after all this time.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:48 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
another vote for the A1Auto 2008 style mirrors. Mine are perfect. The quality is OEM, the DO NOT vibrate/shake/rattle. Easily meet/exceed the quality of my OEM 2002 tow mirrors.

Usually aftermarket doesn't compare, but in this case they do. Roads out here are atrocious and coupled with the X's suspension some shake/rattle would be normal.

I haven't seen my X during daylight hours this past week, but I suspect I got sideswiped...or at least keyed. Maybe this weekend I'll be able to give her a bath and see what the damage is

Old 05-22-2014, 10:16 AM
Splash67
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
100x better then the Chevy Cruze i had last time i was here but i still can't believe people pay money for these things...they are so not useful.

Seattle to Ferndale 2014 - YouTube
Hey...I'm a Ford truck guy, but we LOVE our Chevy Cruze. I bought one for the wife for Mother's Day '12 and it's been awesome for us. It's averaged over 33 MPG, never stranded the wife and kids, gets driven about 600-650 miles every week.

Couldn't have asked for more than that...I've actually thought about getting a second one with the diesel engine option. A buddy of mine here are work routinely averages 45+ mpg with his diesel Cruze!

Old 05-22-2014, 10:26 AM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Tylus

I haven't seen my X during daylight hours this past week, but I suspect I got sideswiped...or at least keyed. Maybe this weekend I'll be able to give her a bath and see what the damage is

I really despise that, hopefully it is not too bad.
Whichever vehicle I am driving I park as far from people as possible take a few extra steps, park near the end of the lot or next to the obligatory 'green space' (makes it easier to get out of the space too) park in the middle of the space and still...idiots.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:28 AM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Splash67
Hey...I'm a Ford truck guy, but we LOVE our Chevy Cruze. I bought one for the wife for Mother's Day '12 and it's been awesome for us. It's averaged over 33 MPG, never stranded the wife and kids, gets driven about 600-650 miles every week.

Couldn't have asked for more than that...I've actually thought about getting a second one with the diesel engine option. A buddy of mine here are work routinely averages 45+ mpg with his diesel Cruze!

Just go stand in line at the Chevy dealer for the recall.
If it has not been recalled yet, it will be soon.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:34 AM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN

There's a used one for sale in our campground that needs a motor. His daughter forgot to fill up with oil when she was checking her gas.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:35 AM
az_r2d1
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mecdac
Just go stand in line at the Chevy dealer for the recall.
If it has not been recalled yet, it will be soon.
The other day I read in an article where they were wondering how many GM vehicles have NOT been recalled... shorter answer.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:37 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts

Juuuust sayin'.

Good ol' 87 octane gas.

Old 05-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Splash67
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Tom
Juuuust sayin'.

Good ol' 87 octane gas.

The Cruze is almost twice the size of the of the Toyota Pious (spelling intended ) and gets only a bit less MPG...

Chevy/Ford - lots/most of $$$$ stays in the USA

Toyota/Honda/Chrysler/Fiat - $$$ is all shipped to other countries, technical knowledge is all shipped to other countries, majority ownership is in a different country

Just sayin....

Old 05-22-2014, 11:43 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody
It's called a commuter car. Why drive the EX, and put miles on it driving in the city? To and from work, alone in an Ex can be viewed as wasteful.... Damn hippies. Ferndale isn't exactly "the city", and Seattle to Ferndale is a hell of a drive in an Econo box. Not what I would call an average commute, but Monroe to Seattle, and the Econo box shows it's merits.
I know, I know it's a whole different thought process to me i guess. I commute in my Ex because its what i feel comfortable in and enjoy, wasteful as it may be. I also don't drive all that much as i put between 30-40 miles a day on whatever i'm driving. But when a big snow storm hits, or i need to go through the median, over a large curb i can do it without worry. I guess the best way to describe it is in a typical commuter car i feel very restricted and helpless (not to mention you cant see anything being so close to the ground). I like to be ready for anything and have an exit plan for any situation i'm in just in case the need arises to get out of the situation i'm in. With a small car you are limited at your ability's to get out of every situation depending on weather,road type, area you are in..ect

Driving down here, or anywhere else in the lower 48 really, makes me realize how drastically different my driving conditions are compared to a majority of the US urban areas. My "city" has much higher speed limits in town then most places with the same type of industry areas. Our highways even the freeways through town are set up more like rural highways with no cement barriers (Snow removal is the main reason i believe). I will never again complain about my commute as going through the heart of Seattle yesterday morning at 6:45am changed that real quick, i think it was the portion i was sitting on the 405 in 4 or 5 lanes all stopped dead that i realized i don't have it all that bad!

The comment on the Chevy Cruze was not meant to be demeaning but i really hated that car. It had no power, could not pick what gear it wanted to be in, and only got me 25mpg. Not to mention the interior was set-up horribly and was not user friendly at all to me. I have a natural hate for any modern GM product anyhow and it really hit it home for me driving that car for a week.

Old 05-22-2014, 11:47 AM
truck7575
More Turbo
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
My wife has put 15000 miles on our 2014 Prius since the end of December, we average 53 mpg on highway, the cargo bay in back is a good size and more usable space than trunk space in a car and I being 6'3" can sit in the back seat comfortably. I live 10 min from the Toyota plant and Toyota is a big boost to my local economy. Many of my neighbors and friends work at the Toyota plant. That being said I don't disagree with your statement about keeping the money in the country.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?