Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Old 05-17-2014, 08:36 AM
mecdac
If it flies, it dies
mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Went in the FORD dealership to pick up a part and strolled through the new car dept. $69k for a Mustang? Yes, it was a Shelby but still...$69,000 for a 4 person sports car?

Almost $40k for an Explorer.

I love my Excursion.

/ Rant off

Old 05-17-2014, 08:39 AM
Bigpipes 35
Postmaster
Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by mecdac View Post
Went in the FORD dealership to pick up a part and strolled through the new car dept. $69k for a Mustang? Yes, it was a Shelby but still...$69,000 for a 4 person sports car?

Almost $40k for an Explorer.

I love my Excursion.

/ Rant off
Your right, the common man cant afford to buy a new vehicle anymore, The $69,000 is more than it cost me to build our house..

Old 05-17-2014, 08:40 AM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by truck7575 View Post
So how soon can you build one of these for my X? Need a nice big radiator that looks like that! What would one of those set me back.

haha, I am honestly booked for over a month pretty much all the time.

While I can't say I can build one for you as per the fte rules. I think I can say that this radiator for a corvette powered saturn sky cost the customer $800.

On the X news, I just ordered an energy suspension bushing kit for my 30mm sway bar so I can get to installing it in the X. I would like to get it in before our first camping trip which is coming up fast!

Old 05-17-2014, 08:47 AM
mecdac
If it flies, it dies
mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Bigpipes 35 View Post
Your right, the common man cant afford to buy a new vehicle anymore, The $69,000 is more than it cost me to build our house..
My first house (1985) was $71K new in the suburbs of Suwanee, GA.

We could afford it (if we wanted) but we don't want.

Saw this last night: Where the World's Unsold Cars Go To Die | Zero Hedge

Old 05-17-2014, 08:58 AM
Bigpipes 35
Postmaster
Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.Bigpipes 35 has a spectacular reputation.

Wow ,that is very interesting..

Old 05-17-2014, 09:04 AM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation

What is amazing is they wouldn't be able to ask those prices if people weren't buying the vehicles. Then I think wow lots of people seem to have way to much money! Then I think, if all these people have way to much money why are they whining all the time that they don't have any money?

It is also very very amazing to me that some pencil pusher means nothing job will pay way more than some manual labor (world can't survive without this guy) job.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:24 AM
NorthwesternCowboy
Elder User
NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Wow that's some lousy luck. What kind of car did they take?
97 Honda Accord. Its my fuel efficient commuter option that I just beat on. Besides changing the oil I do nothing to it to maintain it. It's been hit twice while parked and I just left the damage to deter those folks who like to relieve you of your property. If I'd have only looked out the window a minute earlier I would've liked to talk to him about my disapproval of his actions. Just missed it... Oh well. Hope it turns up soon. Police up here caught the last yahoo that stole a car from me.. I have bad luck with Hondas I guess.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:27 AM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
USCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputationUSCG_PA has a superb reputation
I can't help thinking all the $$$ they are loosing by not selling these cars. One would think that by dropping the price to a reasonable amount, they would attract more buyers and sell more cars, thus making more money. Yes they would be making less per car, but they would be selling more cars, resulting in profits for the company, their stock holders and their workers.

All I see in those pictures is a huge waste of resources and time.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:28 AM
mecdac
If it flies, it dies
Originally Posted by Snowseeker View Post
What is amazing is they wouldn't be able to ask those prices if people weren't buying the vehicles. Then I think wow lots of people seem to have way to much money! Then I think, if all these people have way to much money why are they whining all the time that they don't have any money?

It is also very very amazing to me that some pencil pusher means nothing job will pay way more than some manual labor (world can't survive without this guy) job.
Lease rates and seven year loans is how they are being acquired.

Pencil pushers, haha.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:01 PM
tlcsr66
Freshman User
tlcsr66 is starting off with a positive reputation.
New tires and alignment.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:39 PM
nmclella
Posting Guru
nmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputation
Picked up a tandem trailer from my uncle to use tomorrow to pick up a ton of wood.

I guess he thought he would be funny...

"Don't worry Nate I just set up the brake controller for you"
"Thanks Kevin"
Off I go.
Exiting off the highway, breaking ever so gently - COMPLETE lockup. Smokeshow.
Look over to my girlfriend and tell her to fetch me my brown pants or a clean pair of underwear.
Call him back and he picks up the phone in a fit of laughter.

Couple people interested in the Excursion, hopefully it pans out.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:49 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation

I agree that a lot of new car and truck prices are stupid high these days and I think my family is pretty much done with new car purchases, our newest ride is my '05 EX. Much cheaper to let someone else take the initial depreciation loss and then just take care of the nickle and dime maintenance on a decent used ride.
I actually read that article in the link, WOW, what a poorly written story with virtually no facts sited by an author with very little understanding of how new car transportation and shipping works. They just don't roll off the assembly line and onto awaiting trucks, trains and ships, they ALL get staged before loading and then staged again after comming off trains and ships. Most of the photos in the article are of these mass transport staging yards, evidence of the systems working as they should. No where in the article does the author show evidence of "new unsold" cars rotting away or being recyled without ever being sold, now that would support his ridiculous claims. About three miles from my house there is a CSX Rail auto depot, everyday there are thousands of "new unsold" cars parked there, of course that inventory is contantly turning over as trucks haul them out to dealerships and trains deliver new stock to the depot everyday. Also GM and Cadillac are the same company and their cars made in China are not shipped in containers to the US or anywhere else, any that do get exported get shipped on ROROs, no containers involved. The article looks more like a wild idea that popped into the authors head as opposed to a topic that was researched and reported on. Was there every really a time when the average household anywhere would buy a new car EVERY year? Just terrible.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:38 PM
02expy
Senior User
02expy has a good reputation on FTE.02expy has a good reputation on FTE.
Well today I bought an Ex and drove it home.

2004 EB 6.0 powerstroke
184,xxx miles for $11,500

Old 05-17-2014, 08:43 PM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN
Jmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 02expy View Post
Well today I bought an Ex and drove it home.

2004 EB 6.0 powerstroke
184,xxx miles for $11,500

Nice!! just have to get a new screen name now haha.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:13 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader
hav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputation
Got All the drive train fixed up in the Wagoneer. As of now, them rusted gears don't make any noise and where easy as pie to setup. The tcase chain swap went way easier than I throught it would. I'm going to drive it for a wile than pop the rear open and see how the gears look. It does need some wheel bearings back there so I need to pull it apart again anyways.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.