Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 05:45 AM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
i was going to do the shocks but went to a friends house instead.

think i'll do them in the AM, i'm curious as to the difference over worn out stock 2002 133k shocks!
The rears are easy, took me about 20 minutes. The difference was huge. Did the fronts a few days later and it rides so much better now.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:53 AM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts
Originally Posted by Tylus
Finally saw that video that y'all have been discussing

That lady should be ticketed. He was a 'tard. She caused it all. Deliberately blocking him from passing and speeding up

Oh well, I'm sure he's on the lookout for her now
She did egg him on, but......

Hopefully he's not on the lookout for her, that can only end in something dumb happening again. Going slow in the left lane doesn't call for running people off the road or assault. A little WTF body language as you go by and go on with your life.

Somebody else's driving mistake doesn't call for me doing something to land in jail.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:20 AM
icentropy
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think anyone that gets "road rage" ion a regular basis is a moron. Really any single instance of road rage (Unless maybe you have a wife in labor or someone having a heart attack in the back seat) shows a lack of self control grown men and woman have no business indulging in. If a person finds the speed at which they drive important enough to induce rage, they don't appreciate the other things in their life. Rage is what you get when someone hurts your loved ones, not when someone cuts you off on the road. The lady might have been in the wrong but the guy got every bit of what he deserved for acting so foolishly. People make mistakes in driving, but the attitude he showed was not an isolated mistake it was a clear public example of a deep rooted character flaw.

Edit - i read that over and it comes off snobbish but truth is, I have no patience or simpathy for grown men like that. It also applies to guys getting drunk and rowdy in public or cursing loudly within earshot of children. Course lots of those guys measure their manhood by the size of their truck instead of their self control and give all of us that drive big toys a bad name.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:56 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by ExxWhy
She did egg him on, but......

Hopefully he's not on the lookout for her, that can only end in something dumb happening again. Going slow in the left lane doesn't call for running people off the road or assault. A little WTF body language as you go by and go on with your life.

Somebody else's driving mistake doesn't call for me doing something to land in jail.

I agree 100% but there are all types. That guy had a long hard look at her car and you can bet if he sees it again all those feelings will come rushing back to him and who knows what he'll do. Her leaning out the window and laughing at him didn't help her side of the deal at all.

Also She should have been fined as well! How did she not get fined?

I also bet that if she wasn't taking a video everything would have been fine as well. In the video you can tell the guy was just gonna drive by, give the finger, and be on his way pissed off for awhile. But he saw the girl holding up her camera, that triggered the guy into even more rage, he had to slow back down to make sure she got the finger on video real good and it was all downhill from there.

All around bad situation and neither of them acted like they should have.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:59 AM
double ott ex
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a very good friend of mine once told me that there is no piece of asphalt worth arguing over. definitely the right attitude to have when at the wheel of a 2,000 pound torpedo.

DOE

Old 03-29-2014, 09:02 AM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I just hate idiots, i wouldn't have done anything if i was the guy in that truck, but i sure as hell would have been pissed if she was just sitting there in the passing lane. Just like i hate people who can't merge onto the highway, use blinkers, cut you off and then slow down...you'd swear they gave out drivers licences in cereal boxes around here. its pathetic

Old 03-29-2014, 09:20 AM
double ott ex
Senior User
Originally Posted by carbon coupe
Just wow. What an obnoxious person. I hate people like that. Not sure how I would have handled it. I know I have absolutely no tolerance for stuff like that so it would have been bad. Shes lucky it wasnt me.
man! I thought she was going to get punched in the face. what a dumb ***! she could have just as easily moved her car, but she was apparently looking for an argument that day.

DOE

Old 03-29-2014, 09:22 AM
double ott ex
Senior User
Originally Posted by acf6
I just hate idiots, i wouldn't have done anything if i was the guy in that truck, but i sure as hell would have been pissed if she was just sitting there in the passing lane. Just like i hate people who can't merge onto the highway, use blinkers, cut you off and then slow down...you'd swear they gave out drivers licences in cereal boxes around here. its pathetic
I hate idiots too! I am so full of self loathing.

DOE

Old 03-29-2014, 10:43 AM
Mr.Nobody
Elder User
Hahaha, nice one!

Old 03-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Az_Ray
Senior User
Been awhile since I've been able to fill the monster.

Gotta love 50 cents off a gallon.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:57 AM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
$3.17 a gallon! I hate you. I would kill for those prices. Diesel is $3.84 to $3.99 here.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:58 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
You guys crack me up. Try all you want to defend the road-ragey Ford driver there are no excuses for his actions. It's NEVER acceptable to jeopardize lives by tailgating. Using obscene gestures is childish, but the reckless driving that followed can't be defended. Those who can't handle their temper behind the wheel had best take up bicycling so they don't end up getting someone hurt.

Anyone who says they'd do the same would be just as wrong.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:00 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
I filled up about an hour ago.

Attached Images  
Old 03-29-2014, 11:03 AM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Tom, did you time warp back to the early 90's??? Do we even want to know how you got those prices?

Old 03-29-2014, 11:03 AM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom
I filled up about an hour ago.
You must be in Canada.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?