Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 05:34 AM
sammie0126
Postmaster
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by EXv10
Those square ones have been around since the fifties when I was in auto shop in high school. Did that date me? .....lol
Sure did. Ones of those times when the simple classic design is still the most effective.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:30 AM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by sammie0126
Square ones, square ones!!! I had to get up to I think 5/32 I think before I had an easy out that fit not that they did me a bit of good. Except the square ones did help on a couple once I got to 1/4 they worked well to grab the remaining thread.
The square ones are all I have here at the house. But my smallest one, the tip is the same size as the stud. Lol.

Good excuse to buy more tools.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:06 AM
fordboy67
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never depended on anybody to do anything and never been in a wreck that was my fault. You can't assume anyone is going to do anything.
Every time I see/hear someone say that I cringe, as they usually get into something soon after their comment. Hope your luck continues!

Old 05-15-2013, 07:33 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
I never depended on anybody to do anything and never been in a wreck that was my fault. You can't assume anyone is going to do anything.

Thats how I am, always aware and pay attention to everyone and where my vehicle is going.

I have only been rearended by other people not paying attention. Even then I saw it coming because when I stop I watch my mirrors to see what the idiot behind me is going to do.

Lately I have noticed more people texting and driving erratic more then ever.

This is one of the reasons I would like to buy a dash cam like everyone has in other countries.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:53 AM
az_r2d1
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
eh, debatable she had ALL THE ROOM in the world to go(no cars coming).. absolutely no reason to stop or stop and stay there for god sake. i looked away expecting like any decently smart human being she would GO. sadly she did not though(why i have no clue) and the excursion had a up close and personal meeting with her accord. yes i should have kept eyes on her..my fault. but she had no freaking reason to stop..the sign says yield! there were no cars coming..wtf!?!?!

shes not the only one to do this..i see it every day people stopping for no reason what so ever. the worst is when they stop in the roundabout! wtf?! once your in the roundabout you have the right of way.

like i said, they would be great IF people knew how to use them! some people need a light to tell them when to go(and alot have issues then even)
Reasons to stop or not, you were still at fault. Should have kept more distance and not 'assume' things in traffic.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:03 AM
az_r2d1
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
Thats how I am, always aware and pay attention to everyone and where my vehicle is going.

I have only been rearended by other people not paying attention. Even then I saw it coming because when I stop I watch my mirrors to see what the idiot behind me is going to do.

Lately I have noticed more people texting and driving erratic more then ever.

This is one of the reasons I would like to buy a dash cam like everyone has in other countries.
You learn REAL quick to always check what's coming up behind you when you ride motorcycles !

Old 05-15-2013, 10:13 AM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by az_r2d1
You learn REAL quick to always check what's coming up behind you when you ride motorcycles !
Having 8 motorcycles in the past probably has something to do with my good driving. I hear stories about wrecks that weren't their fault but even those can often be avoided by good driving.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:20 AM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by fordboy67
Every time I see/hear someone say that I cringe, as they usually get into something soon after their comment. Hope your luck continues!
There was one other Ex in this small town and it got T-boned and she was asking if she could sell the diesel engine out of it. After looking at the spot I doubt is it was all the other vehicles' fault.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:18 AM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had some lady in an Escape following me this morning, clearly holding up her phone in about the Ex's gearshift position (or slighly higher, since I could see it in my rear view) and she was just texting away. At first I hoped she might be dialing someone, but she kept on it. I too have noticed a lot more people texting behind the wheel lately.

A coworker looked over one morning either late last week or Monday and said to himself, wow, that car has a big/bright nav screen! No, the driver was holding/reading an iPad while driving.

People.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:35 AM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan
I had some lady in an Escape following me this morning, clearly holding up her phone in about the Ex's gearshift position (or slighly higher, since I could see it in my rear view) and she was just texting away. At first I hoped she might be dialing someone, but she kept on it. I too have noticed a lot more people texting behind the wheel lately.

A coworker looked over one morning either late last week or Monday and said to himself, wow, that car has a big/bright nav screen! No, the driver was holding/reading an iPad while driving.

People.
They need to crack down more on it along with internet crimes.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:04 PM
BassFantasizer
Hotshot
Received 4,667 Likes on 2,601 Posts
They need to crack down more on it along with internet crimes.
Florida just passed a secondary offense law against texting while driving, meaning that if you're stopped for another infraction they can tack on an additional $35 fine, but you can't be stopped specifically for texting.

There's also an older law that makes it illegal for a "movie screen" to be positioned so that the driver can see it. I wonder where the line is drawn between "movie screen" and the smaller electronic devices that proliferate today? And how every squad car in our county is equipped with a laptop for use BY THE DRIVER.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:07 PM
az_r2d1
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BassFantasizer
Florida just passed a secondary offense law against texting while driving, meaning that if you're stopped for another infraction they can tack on an additional $35 fine, but you can't be stopped specifically for texting.

There's also an older law that makes it illegal for a "movie screen" to be positioned so that the driver can see it. I wonder where the line is drawn between "movie screen" and the smaller electronic devices that proliferate today? And how every squad car in our county is equipped with a laptop for use BY THE DRIVER.
$35 is a joke.
None of these laws are needed. They could always ticket you for unsafe driving conditions.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:30 PM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan

People suck.
I see the same thing all the time. They drive with their phone in their hand and look at it instead of the road. You can really tell who is paying attention and who is about to ruin someone elses day.

By the way, I fixed your post.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:25 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by BassFantasizer

The cops need those computers and they are probably better drivers but they will stop you for no seat belt showing so why not texting? I guess they need some more wrecks to be convinced.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:06 PM
truck7575
More Turbo
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
That sounds almost omen like.... you are a rare bird indeed... especially since you are male, id say many women can proclaim this but not many men. Oh and thank you for pointing out the obvious! i did need reminding of that, which is why the big man upstairs had me driving my honda that morning and not the X

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?