Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Coming to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coming to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester...

any of you guys around there? We'll be up there next month, around the 15.

We thought about tugging a pop-up up there, but a dang campsite is $35 a night! We can get a "guest house" with 900 square foot with full kitchen and bath.

Anybody else have any other suggestions?

Y'all think you can get a GTG put together while we're there? We'll be there for at least a week.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:41 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I am not from the Rochester area so I am not sure what to recommend for lodging. What state are you coming from?

If you keep us posted on times you are for sure available I bet some of us could figure out some kind of a GTG

Edit: I just looked at your profile page. You must be from Oklahoma?

Old 08-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
I certainly am from OK. And we'll be making our way up in one of the Rangers (not sure which one yet).

Her first appointment is slated for September 15, and I believe we are supposed to be there from 8-5 (maybe 6) every business day. We will probably be there until at least the 22nd.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:40 PM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am also not from that area but my dad has had some tests done there before and I know there are some hotels close by that have pretty resonable rates if you mention that your are doctoring at the Mayo. If you want I could get the name of where they stayed. Just let me know.

As far as a gtg goes we are having a camping gtg this weekend so we could discuss it with whos there and see what we could work out!

Old 08-09-2010, 01:51 AM
mndiesel
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Traxxis,
I just sent you a pm with my numbers on it. Give me a call this week and I'll see what I can do to help. I have appt's all week so if you dont get me leave a message and I will call you back.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Thanks for the support guys. I look forward to getting to meet you all.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Couple more weeks... what is everybody planning for us???

Old 08-26-2010, 08:46 AM
mndiesel
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we are having a camping GTG the first or second weekend in October out in Morris, you could join us for that....We are also having a wrenching gtg the weekend after labor day if you are here by then......

Old 09-09-2010, 05:31 PM
screwy
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi Traxxis, I'm from Rochester, sorry I don't get down to this forum much. I don't really have many suggestions for you as far as what's cheep, living here kind of negates the need to stay in a hotel, but I could tell you locations, which ones are nicer etc. If you have any other questions about the city or want me to swing by somewhere and check it out I'd be happy to help.

This information might be too late to be of any help but my guess is you'll be spending most of your time in the Gonda building, The Kahler Grand is literally right across the street, but probably on the spendy side, the Marriott is a block down, the Kahler inn and suites is a block down and probably cheaper, the Marriot Residence Inn is 2 blocks down and is a extended stay type deal. Those are the big ones and my guess is they’re in the $100 per night range, of course there are quite a few smaller, sometimes questionable, places near by that are probably pretty cheep, $30 - $50 I would guess, but I don’t know a whole lot about them. The further away from the clinic you get the cheaper places are on average and many of them provide free shuttles to the clinic. The closest camp ground would be the Silver Lake Motor Coach Resort, but it’s starting to get cold here 60-70 ish days 50 ish nights. Many places will offer a discount to clinic patients.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:59 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
That is some really nice information and a nice offer to check things out.

I sure hope some of us can meet up with you Traxxis

Old 09-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by screwy
Hi Traxxis, I'm from Rochester, sorry I don't get down to this forum much. I don't really have many suggestions for you as far as what's cheep, living here kind of negates the need to stay in a hotel, but I could tell you locations, which ones are nicer etc. If you have any other questions about the city or want me to swing by somewhere and check it out I'd be happy to help.

This information might be too late to be of any help but my guess is you'll be spending most of your time in the Gonda building, The Kahler Grand is literally right across the street, but probably on the spendy side, the Marriott is a block down, the Kahler inn and suites is a block down and probably cheaper, the Marriot Residence Inn is 2 blocks down and is a extended stay type deal. Those are the big ones and my guess is they’re in the $100 per night range, of course there are quite a few smaller, sometimes questionable, places near by that are probably pretty cheep, $30 - $50 I would guess, but I don’t know a whole lot about them. The further away from the clinic you get the cheaper places are on average and many of them provide free shuttles to the clinic. The closest camp ground would be the Silver Lake Motor Coach Resort, but it’s starting to get cold here 60-70 ish days 50 ish nights. Many places will offer a discount to clinic patients.
Hey, that's a great offer! I wish I would have seen this sooner.

The strange thing is, I subscribed to this thread with an instant email notification but it never told me any of you guys replied. So, sorry for the slow reply.

We are leaving here tomorrow around 10A, so we should be there by 9 or 10 at least.

I don't know what internet access will be like at the place we are staying, so what I'll do is PM Screwy my phone number, and when you guys decide what we can do, or where to get together (preferably on the weekend), y'all can call and let me know (I assume you guys have each other's numbers).

See y'all in a couple days!
Stan

Old 09-13-2010, 07:38 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Hey Stan. Keep this thread updated also. A bunch of us are on here all the time. Hope we can work out a meeting/GTG with you

Old 09-13-2010, 08:44 PM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Stan there is gonna be a working gtg this weekend up in the Twin Cities if that would work for ya? It will be on Saturday. It might be a working gtg but there might be a little BSng that goes on also.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:07 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Lordy Lordy boys my dogs are barkin' and my back is ache-in. 11 hours behind the wheel of a 94 Ranger will do that to you!

I don't know what the deal is, but I'm not getting any subscription updates from this thread... ?

I'll PM y'all my number right now...

Stan

Old 09-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
burr... y'all sure keep the air conditioning turned on up here don't ya?

We're waiting for the first appointment now.

Quick Reply: Coming to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester...