Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

my latest project: red digital gauges

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 02:40 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
recently reminded in a different thread about these gauges i installed back towards when i got my truck.
like anything i try that doesn't work out i try to make sure i post a follow up showing my results.
i swapped out these digital gauges for autometer's z-series electric gauges.
what i noticed the issue was with the cyberdynes;
the LED's continually failed.with the lifetime warranty they sent out new ones each time issue free.so they stood behind their warranty.but who wants to keep replacing a part? after 4-5 replacements,that got old.
also i noticed after time by experimenting with grill cover/plowing.that the temp sending units by this brand was extremely influenced by surrounding ambient temps and showed much higher readings with both trans and water temp when under hood temps would rise.so much so,it would worry me and id pull over all the time to use my point and shoot tool to show temps where actually very well under safe limits.
so though the gauges look great! i loved the clean black out look when off,the features they offered and the easy to read quick at a glance number,they are just nothing id recommend buying until they resolve these issues.
tossed them all in the trash and replaced with autometer.such a drastic rise in quality and accuracy im kicking myself for ever messing with them in the first place.
(made the swap last September.forgot to reply here with results.my bad.)

Originally Posted by WarOzz
F250 with the loads you are hauling are you sure you want to trust to electric fans?
^ that however was a wise choice.e-fan conversion has been working flawless for about 2 yrs now.
now with good quality gauges,i can see how much better they have been all along than i first thought even.