Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

August Chat / All Topic Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
From the other OT thread that someone else managed to

I remember you saying something about working for a Chebby dealership a couple of weeks ago...or at least it seems. It was about the time you uploaded the video from last year's ice storm. I'm just wondering...do you get Federal benefits since you work for Government Motors?

Technically I'm not working for GM, I'm working for Hagan's Mountain View Chevrolet. They've got a Dodge dealer in Morrilton too, but no Ford dealership.
They were almost shut down in the re-organization, but when GM found that the entire dealership was blown away in a tornado and recently rebuilt, they had pity and kept it open.
I can't complain, I have no desire to go back to driving 135 miles a day to work in Conway like I did for 10 years, and although the resto shop I was working at now has enough business to keep me going full time, he can't afford to pay health/dental insurance like the Chevy dealer. When you get to be in your late 50's(*very* late 50's)this stuff is important to you.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:38 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Technically I'm not working for GM, I'm working for Hagan's Mountain View Chevrolet.
I used to work for the Caterpillar dealership here in Arkansas...so I'm very familiar with the relationship between the big name corporation and the dealership that seems to get all kinds of crap from the locals that actually buy the products. The only time I miss my life at Riggs was when I was hauling the machines around. And even then there was days someone would try to corner me and bend my ear over about how much overpriced the yellow machines were. Oh well, that's a former life/career that most likely is better off in the past.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:32 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
A few of us decided to go and find a mudhole or two last night, got in about 2AM. Needed somebody to cover the RH seat though Locals said nobody could make it through the holes that I tried, I had no problems.
Anybody know of a performance 2BBL carb for a Ford besides a Holley, if I could find something different for the 2.8 in my Jeep, I would be very happy. This Holley is about to drive me crazy.

Attached Images   
Old 08-29-2010, 12:59 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
A few of us decided to go and find a mudhole or two last night, got in about 2AM. Needed somebody to cover the RH seat though Locals said nobody could make it through the holes that I tried, I had no problems.
Anybody know of a performance 2BBL carb for a Ford besides a Holley, if I could find something different for the 2.8 in my Jeep, I would be very happy. This Holley is about to drive me crazy.
Nice Skill makes up for shortcomings when it comes to getting through a mudhole. As far as carbs...how about Edlebrocke?

Old 08-29-2010, 02:29 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by zhilton
As far as carbs...how about Edlebrocke?
No 2 bbl to be had there, I wish.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:57 PM
77f100rcsb2wd
Junior User
I think Demon makes some cause thay have a 3x2 set up for SBCs.

Old 08-29-2010, 05:59 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
I've never had any dealings with a Demon, but heard they are just a knock-off of a Holley. Don't know if you have to tinker with like a Holley though.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:44 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
For the first time in 2 months, got to drive the Pavement Princess to work. She ain't the fastest, biggest or newest on the road...but I sure missed that 3/4 ton ride. And to hear the hairdryer spool every time we'd come up a hill/mountain & sail over 'em.... Next time, before I leave town I'm going to make sure I've got the right CD's in the truck...lets just say the wife & I don't listen to the same kind of music.

Hey Jeff, is that your Snowbird's nose over the hood of the Jeep you can see in one of the photos? If so, kind of disappointed we didn't get to see your puppy dog chained to it.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:17 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Zack, yep that's the 'Bird sticking his nose in the pic. The Dog is feeling a little neglected since I'm living in the 'Bird, he has nothing to do.
Glad you finally got the Princess back, no door dings I hope

Old 08-30-2010, 07:57 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Zack, yep that's the 'Bird sticking his nose in the pic. The Dog is feeling a little neglected since I'm living in the 'Bird, he has nothing to do.
Glad you finally got the Princess back, no door dings I hope
I know about the travel trailer trash life all to well. Maybe someday I'll get to work out of home again...been over 2 years since I've taken calls from the house. Not sure I'd know what to do if I did change back.

No dings, the bumper is straight and the fender's paint matches the hood & door next to it; overall the truck looks good. I'm not very happy with the body shop though...when I hit Bucky I had the high-beams on...so the high beam on the driver's side was out. Apparently when the shop repaired the truck...only the mount behind the headlamp fixture was broken...so he replaced; NEVER checking to see if both beams (high & low) on both sides was working. Yeah, it's only $8 to replace the bulb, but it's the principal. There's a couple of other issues, but I'm not going to waste the time explain. Yeah Jake, I should have taken it to your brother's employer.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Will P
Senior User
Good day today! I started my new job at the power plant near Hot Springs. Now I'll have enough cash to pour into my truck projects.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:41 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Oops, teach me to not looking before typing.