1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

progress / no progress also known as , why do we fool with these old things .........

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 02:09 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
progress / no progress also known as , why do we fool with these old things .........

i am too the point of once again trying to figure out what i did too the gods of horsepower too p-ss them off . i thought i was making some progress on the 53 getting some lil' things done and still arguing with the valvetrain , when the 52 blew a seem on the radiator spraying coolant everywhere eating the patina'd paint off the engine and firewall / fenderwells , then more freaking electrical gremlins , and one of my beloved family members , who has yet too come forward , { i think i know which daughter now as she was talking about whooping a kid in a tuners **** } drove into a parking block putting a bolt and bracket through the a/c radiator , and flattening a new 215 65 15 on the left front and tweaking the aluminum rim somehow .......... needless to say fixing all these things has taken valuable time from bessie and me , and wondering if she's gonna be done in time for a lil' trip too a couple of shows before coming apart again for more work . oh and the 52 backfired again taking out a freshly installed power valve , and taking out some of the backside of the old rusty muffler ..... time for 400 dollars worth of duals and a petronix conversion me thinx ............ someone tell me why we do it despite it all .............

Old 08-03-2010, 06:18 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Cause we love it If life were easy, we would get bored.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:46 AM
cruisetopdown
Laughing Gas
Received 273 Likes on 109 Posts
The fact that you have two trucks makes you "happier" than most! Just remember that some of us can only dream of having your problems.
w

Old 08-03-2010, 08:46 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nope not two trucks , a 53 effie yep , then a 52 customline . and if i ever get north i may be bringing more headaches home as my cuz in athens has a one owner 66 or 67 valiant , a one owner 66-67 rambler { mom and grandpa respectively } and a 47 gmc 5 window 3/4 ton i just can't let sit and go to hades as it is old and odd and someone may want to give it a good home ................ never learn do we ????????????????Attachment 26277

Old 08-03-2010, 11:19 AM
leverhead
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had problems with newer cars also. Think of it this way....you can fix it yourself and parts are cheap and easy to find. Once you replace everything with new you are good to go. And insurance is cheaper.....And no dealers.....And you meet people....and bring joy to the masses...and...........

BTW...this is a good segway as a reminder to support groups like sema pac and such because there is legislation floating around out there to make it harder for you to own and operate your old cars. Seriously. Regards.