Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camper certification?

Old 08-01-2010, 01:06 PM
rdenis
Senior User
rdenis is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Camper certification?

I got the Truck Camper package as per the window sticker option list and it supposedly comes with a "Camper Certification" but I see no sticker anywhere or evidence of said certification. Any others out there who can shed some light?

Old 08-01-2010, 01:19 PM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
used to be some form in the manual in the glovebox

Sam

Old 08-01-2010, 02:30 PM
rdenis
Senior User
Hhhm - nothing and my manuals were still in their shrinkwrap when I picked up the truck.

I do have the "As-Built" codes but they are all in proprietary Ford coding and I haven't found a way to decode them yet - most of the codes seem to be related to to the PCM and BCE modules so they likely aren't helpful in this respect.

Old 08-01-2010, 06:01 PM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by rdenis View Post
Hhhm - nothing and my manuals were still in their shrinkwrap when I picked up the truck.

I do have the "As-Built" codes but they are all in proprietary Ford coding and I haven't found a way to decode them yet - most of the codes seem to be related to to the PCM and BCE modules so they likely aren't helpful in this respect.
Go back to the dealer and ask them to produce them. It's on the option list, tell them to provide them. Politely that is.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:49 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.
Mine was one sheet of paper with loading info and a diagram or two. It was in the glove box

Old 08-01-2010, 10:57 PM
jweidert
Senior User
jweidert is starting off with a positive reputation.
Check your driver's side door where the typical stickers are. I was told by my dealer there would be two forms if identification with this package. One is a door sticker, the other is a paper certificate in the glove box. I have not see it in person yet as the truck is still on order, but thought I'd pass along what my dealer told me.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:05 AM
rdenis
Senior User
Thanks everyone, the mystery continues - no sticker on the door and no papers in glovebox. This is a Canadian truck so maybe its different - but shouldn't be. I'm going to keep searching but in the meantime if anyone who does have the certification could either shoot a pic or PDF it or something that would be great evidence to have for the local dealer if need be.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:02 PM
rdenis
Senior User
Well no luck - apparently there was/is supposed to be some sort of paper certificate but it got lost somewhere between the factory and me taking delivery. And apprently the certificate cannot be reissued or reproduced for some bizarre reason - sounds pretty hokey to me.

I really couldn't care about the certificate to be honest. But I would like to know that I got the upgraded springs and sway bar. I guess I can only trust that I got them.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:34 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.
Does your window sticker list the Camper Package?

Old 08-03-2010, 04:45 PM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
Well no luck - apparently there was/is supposed to be some sort of paper certificate but it got lost somewhere between the factory and me taking delivery. And apprently the certificate cannot be reissued or reproduced for some bizarre reason - sounds pretty hokey to me.

I really couldn't care about the certificate to be honest. But I would like to know that I got the upgraded springs and sway bar. I guess I can only trust that I got them.
Want it or not, don't let the dealer off the hook. I'm sure with enough whining you will be offered some sort of consideration. figure out what it's worth to you.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:26 PM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.

yeh. I always thought this was crap. they make computers nowadays that can print digitally certified documents. sheesh..

Sam

Old 08-03-2010, 05:49 PM
rdenis
Senior User
I do have the window sticker that says I have the camper package. Guess I have to trust them that they have done what they said they did....

Old 08-03-2010, 05:55 PM
wisner45
Junior User
wisner45 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Why don't you just look under the rear of the truck and see if it has a sway bar as they only come with the Camper package ?.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:54 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Damn, I just went out to my truck to look at the camper certification sheet I held in my hand a few weeks ago. I could not find it. I really did not study it before because I do not foresee us owning a slide in camper.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:11 PM
rdenis
Senior User
Yep looked under the truck for the sway bar - no conventional sway bar for sure but the anti sway is all electronically controlled so.... I have no idea at this point if I got what I paid for. I bet its a software setting for the camper spring upgrade I supposedly got. Weird.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Camper certification?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: