Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

F150 CUCV

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 06:03 PM
THASSELHOFF
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 CUCV

I have myself a 1993 F-150 Flareside 4x4. My goal, turn it into a CCUV (sort of).

This project is quite a few years down the line, but the end goal is to pick up a rusted out M1009 CUCV for a couple grand and swap out the motor, tranny, and possibly the axles.

The 6.2 Diesel GM motor is supposed to be lighter and on par for power with the 4BT, which makes it a selling point. The real reason though will be the dual 12v/24v battery set up.

The tranny would come as long as it's operable and easy to set up with the equipment in my Ford.

The axles I already know is a popular switch for off-roaders in our community, so if they're in good condition, they'll come.

I've already gotten the project some of the way there with having everything to give my Flareside a digital camo paint job, halfway through the wiring to have a blackout switch, and what have you.

My real question is, how much more difficult would this be than the average diesel swap? It's basically just three different jobs rolled into (hopefully) one time frame.

Old 09-12-2016, 02:35 PM
DieselCamper
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by THASSELHOFF
I have myself a 1993 F-150 Flareside 4x4. My goal, turn it into a CCUV (sort of).

This project is quite a few years down the line, but the end goal is to pick up a rusted out M1009 CUCV for a couple grand and swap out the motor, tranny, and possibly the axles.

The 6.2 Diesel GM motor is supposed to be lighter and on par for power with the 4BT, which makes it a selling point. The real reason though will be the dual 12v/24v battery set up.

The tranny would come as long as it's operable and easy to set up with the equipment in my Ford.

The axles I already know is a popular switch for off-roaders in our community, so if they're in good condition, they'll come.

I've already gotten the project some of the way there with having everything to give my Flareside a digital camo paint job, halfway through the wiring to have a blackout switch, and what have you.

My real question is, how much more difficult would this be than the average diesel swap? It's basically just three different jobs rolled into (hopefully) one time frame.
6.2s are pretty simple like the 6.9/7.3 IDIs, right?

I'd doubt it'll be too bad except for the mounting