N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

AUG 7th - Summer Get Together! Food and trucks...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 08:41 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking AUG 7th - Summer Get Together! Food and trucks...

... what could be better?
How about Saturday, August 7th at Lodi or some central location?? We can BBQ/grill, look at trucks, chat and have a good time. I propose Micke Grove in Lodi, but that is open.

Who is in????????

Old 07-14-2010, 10:34 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I have plans for that day, but not till 1:00, and I can be a couple hours later than that.

For the following two reasons, I propose someplace in the East Bay: The first is purely selfish; my thing on that day is in Berkeley and the closer I am to start with, the less travel time between the two.

The second is that any place in the Central Valley in the summer is likely to be triple digits or close to it, which sort of takes the fun out of it. Maybe we could do it some place close to the water, some place that's nice and cool and still sort of centrally located. Start around 9:00-10:00 am, maybe pick a place with optional camping nearby for those who have to come any sort of distance. I'm even thinking Vallejo or nearby...

Suggestions/comments?

Old 07-14-2010, 04:16 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Might be tough for me...not that anyone cares!...but I've a load of stuff going on over the next month or so.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:25 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Oh we care, Mike...but you're such a homebody that you won't attend a damn thing if it's anywhere but your own back yard, so we didn't figure on you coming anyway...

Old 07-14-2010, 04:51 PM
F350 Strait
Senior User
I can make the date & place but then being retired I don't have may demands on my time.

Earl

Old 07-14-2010, 11:19 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll check to see if I can make it. The guys at work have mentioned having a camping party at Lake Topaz on that weekend to celebrate with me my retirement. These guys would be the folks hosting the ONLY retirement party I would really wish to attend, although I will still need to attend the stuffy formal gathering with all the mucky mucks from the base on a different date. I will check to see if this date was carved in stone, or if they've been considering a different date. If they have a different date in mind, I'll do what I can to make it over the hill for the meet. If you guys want to change to a different weekend it might be better for me, but I'll do what I can.

Tiger Dan, you'd better make it. If I do in fact manage to come all the way over the hill, you'd have little excuse to stand us up. HAAAA!

Let me know if you all select a different date/place so I can take another look at the calendar. Thanks Karl, for taking the bull by the horns, T

Old 07-15-2010, 10:09 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Ok, let's keep August 7th, but Dan has a good point about it being hot. I am happy to host it at my place in Vallejo. I will also check around the Vallejo area and see if there is a good park to meet at. Otherwise, maybe keep at Lodi.

Is Vallejo too far out of the way for anyone?

I can't make it Aug 14th because my wife and will be celebrating our anniversary.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:35 PM
95_Dually
Post Fiend
I am in...I would rather keep it in the Vallejo area.......only because the temps in the valley are high for sure....But I would go almost anywhere for a good BBQ with a bunch of Ford guys.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:23 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fastmover

I can't make it Aug 14th because my wife and will be celebrating our anniversary.
That's OK, you can inviter her too...

Old 07-20-2010, 12:39 PM
joe f350
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
u guys want to set up car pool cause i realt dont trust my truck yet even thought u justpaid 273 to reg it

Old 07-22-2010, 05:47 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Originally Posted by TigerDan
Oh we care, Mike...but you're such a homebody that you won't attend a damn thing if it's anywhere but your own back yard, so we didn't figure on you coming anyway...

See how you are?

Old 07-24-2010, 07:08 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
So, it has been hot in the central valley, but 70's in Vallejo. I am thinking Vallejo may be the ticket. I am going to look for a park around her or in the east bay to host this thing.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:41 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Sounds good. I'm adding it to my calendar.

I suggest we plan on starting around 10:00 am.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:33 AM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Received 289 Likes on 199 Posts
I've never been an active member of the NorCal chapter,but that's mostly because most of you guys seem to be from points north and inland(read:HOT).If you would ever come to your senses,LOL,and consider a get together in the more "hospitable" climate of the Santa Cruz/Monterrey Bay area,well I'd be up for it.There's the Beach Boardwalk in Santa Cruz, Roaring Camp Railroad in Felton,and some nice State parks that have picnic areas nearby and,that are under the redwoods.My "comfort zone" has somewhat narrowed,and I can't take the heat.Funny,from a guy recently back from working in both Iraq and Afghanistan.Maybe I'll meet you all,or some of you,someday.Steve.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:55 AM
95_Dually
Post Fiend
Any luck finding a park Karl?

Quick Reply: AUG 7th - Summer Get Together! Food and trucks...