Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1953 Ford F350 ... Uncle Passed Away...

Old 07-28-2010, 12:35 PM
thumper300zx
New User
thumper300zx is starting off with a positive reputation.
1953 Ford F350 ... Uncle Passed Away...

I have an uncle that passed away. He left his wife in fairly tough financial circumstance. He's got a 1953 Ford F350 truck she will need to sell for money.

What should one expect to get from such a truck? We have one picture I can post if that will help. Can't tell you much as we're a good 600 miles away and just trying to help her out. I believe it runs, and the picture seems to show a truck in pretty good shape.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:14 PM
52 Merc
Post Fiend
52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of
Condolences on the passing of your Uncle, but welcome to the forum. Unfortunately for your Aunt, one ton trucks aren't the most desirable or highest vauled model. Depending on condition, she'd probably be lucky to get much more than a couple grand. If we knew where it was, perhaps a member would be wiling to look at it in person, and give a better and more accurate evaluation of it's value.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:56 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
If it is close by to me...I will look it over and tell you what to expect. Sorry to hear about your Uncle!!
I am sure the above message is about right and the 3/4-2 ton trucks are usually used for smaller trucks ,complete.
I have had them all except a 1 ton.....LOL

Old 07-28-2010, 06:02 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Sorry I can't help you with the value of the truck and sorry more so for your uncle's passing, also welcome to the forum.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:34 PM
thumper300zx
New User
thumper300zx is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by 52 Merc View Post
Condolences on the passing of your Uncle, but welcome to the forum. Unfortunately for your Aunt, one ton trucks aren't the most desirable or highest vauled model. Depending on condition, she'd probably be lucky to get much more than a couple grand. If we knew where it was, perhaps a member would be wiling to look at it in person, and give a better and more accurate evaluation of it's value.
Thanks for your kind responses in regards to my Uncle. It's gonna be tough on his wife. It was his 3rd marriage...didn't know her very well personally, but she was nice. He was a collector, and didn't put much away if it wasn't in the form of something somewhat antique

The truck is in: Castro Valley, CA 94552 (San Francisco Area)

Here is a picture.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:48 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
I have an image of Bill ( Walford's56 ) licking his lips about now,lol. That is a gorgeous looking truck that would make anyone proud.

Originally Posted by thumper300zx View Post
Thanks for your kind responses in regards to my Uncle. It's gonna be tough on his wife. It was his 3rd marriage...didn't know her very well personally, but she was nice. He was a collector, and didn't put much away if it wasn't in the form of something somewhat antique

The truck is in: Castro Valley, CA 94552 (San Francisco Area)

Here is a picture.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:32 PM
3rdshiftDiscretion
Junior User
3rdshiftDiscretion is starting off with a positive reputation.
thats a beautiful truck........

Old 07-28-2010, 08:55 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
That could be worth more than we first guessed. I was expecting a F-350 flat bed, well used, some dents some rust, etc. The F-350 Express Beds are kind of rare, however there are no parts repopped for those beds and running boards. But the truck looks good in that pic. One would have to see it in person to get a good idea and to go over the mechanicals. Good luck with it. You have come to the right place for advice!

Old 07-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Fomoko1
Fomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputation
My condolences on your uncle`s passing.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:14 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold
sorry too hear bout yer unks passing ... and also welcome to the mad house . what a purty beast !!!!!! mar k and someone else is / was offering repops of the long beds now fella's . i 'memeber seeing it but we all know how clear and concise my mind is ................... anyway why not grab that doll for yourself , and keep her in the family ???????

Old 07-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Senior User
1952 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry about your uncle, and as stated, the appearance of that express makes me think some advertisement and time may help bring a pretty penny. I was picturing a non-running dented old work truck as someone else stated.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:45 AM
mechmagcn
Diesel Junky
mechmagcn is a name known to allmechmagcn is a name known to allmechmagcn is a name known to allmechmagcn is a name known to allmechmagcn is a name known to allmechmagcn is a name known to all
I too am sorry to hear of your uncles passing. Too bad the truck is so far away from me,I would love to have it.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:55 PM
BlueOvalRage
Postmaster
BlueOvalRage has a great reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a great reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a great reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a great reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a great reputation on FTE.BlueOvalRage has a great reputation on FTE.
Now, hold on here a minute, guys! I don't know my second generation effies as well as the Bonus Built trucks, but I don't think that's your run of the mill F-350. I'm pretty sure that all the standard F-250's and F-350's had 8-lug wheels. This here truck has got 6-lug wheels and they are dished with hand holds unlike normal F-250/F-350 wheels. I'm thinking that it might be a Marmon Herrington or some other flavor of 4x4 conversion. If that's the case, the rarity of those models combined with the condition that one is in would make that truck worth well more than a couple of grand.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:17 PM
bobj49f2
Post Fiend
bobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant future
BOR,

I just dropped in on this thread, and the first thing I thought was M-H when I saw those wheels. It looks like a nice truck and if it's a M-H that truck could be worth a few bucks to the right person. I'm going to PM Stu and have him stop in and give his opinion.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:33 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
It is sitting up pretty high. Look especially at the front end and all the space between the wheel and the fender.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1953 Ford F350 ... Uncle Passed Away...

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.