1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Fall Ford Truck Fest - Townsend, TN

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 02:33 PM
EffieFord
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fall Ford Truck Fest - Townsend, TN

So, since a handful of us missed the Great Smokey Mtn show...check this one out, I'm registered and ready to go.

The new Ford truck mag, True Blue Trucks, is putting on their first Ford truck festival. If its anything like the Bronco Supercelebration and other events they do through Bronco Driver, this show will be rockin, too! I can't wait!

True Blue Truck's Fall Ford Truck Fest Show in the Great Smoky Mountians

They have scheduled cruises, a lunch, dinner, bonfire and other activities. Its September 10 and 11, which is the same weekend as Shades of the Past in Pigeon Forge.

So check it out and hope to see ya'll there,

-Mel

Old 07-27-2010, 05:36 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Mel, thanks for the info, just where is Townsand Tn, Garry

Old 07-27-2010, 07:41 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,119 Likes on 2,649 Posts
Not that I'd be able to attend but is it really a true blue event or will there be any darksiders allowed,lol

Old 07-27-2010, 09:05 PM
EffieFord
Senior User
Originally Posted by homade
Hey Mel, thanks for the info, just where is Townsand Tn, Garry
Its just south of Pigeon Forge... about 18 miles. The scheduled cruises they have are to Cades Cove and into Pigeon Forge. I actually choose to come up through Townsend when I come from Atlanta to Pigeon Forge because I like the drive and there's neat stuff on Wears Valley Rd.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 124 Likes on 54 Posts
I just bought my 49 F1 out of a barn on Wears Valley Road about 3 1/2 weeks ago. That area is beautiful. I'm getting it back on the road slowly but surely. We go down there all the time. I'd love to take it down there that weekend (IF I can get the bugs worked out). But it's obviously not a nicely polished show truck, and I don't intend to take it that far. I don't go to a lot of things like that, so I'll ask a stupid question. Do a lot of people show up in their daily driver trucks for fun?

Old 07-28-2010, 01:08 AM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
Mountaindoc plenty of people go to the shows without their truck. I went to Pigeon Forge/Knoxville from 92-04 without a truck.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:20 AM
9teen56f100
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 56panelford
Not that I'd be able to attend but is it really a true blue event or will there be any darksiders allowed,lol
I would like to know as well.
brian...

Old 07-28-2010, 08:33 AM
EffieFord
Senior User
Originally Posted by 56panelford
What do you mean by that? Like, Ford trucks running "other" engines?

I don't know. I give people a hard time about it, but at the same time, I realize why someone would choose to run a different engine...doesn't mean I would, or I agree with it...but I understand.

But I just try to be understanding and not judge people at all. You have a love for the Ford truck....isn't that what its all about?

Old 07-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 124 Likes on 54 Posts
Oh I'm fine with going without a truck (and I probably will considering the distance). I was just curious if a lot of people bring their daily drivers that aren't rock star show quality vehicles and hang out?

Old 07-28-2010, 09:04 AM
EffieFord
Senior User
I brought my '66 to the Smokey Mtn show last year and it was nowhere near done. The interior was still crappy, no emblems or trim.

So yeah, bring it. Show truck or daily driver, its aaaaalll goooooood.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:18 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
I was just curious if they had a gallows set up if you drove up with a chevy or mopar under the hood, after all it's called true blue or does it mean Ford trucks only regardless of what it's powered by. Just curious as some day I hope to be able to make a trip to some of these shows.

Originally Posted by EffieFord
What do you mean by that? Like, Ford trucks running "other" engines?

I don't know. I give people a hard time about it, but at the same time, I realize why someone would choose to run a different engine...doesn't mean I would, or I agree with it...but I understand.

But I just try to be understanding and not judge people at all. You have a love for the Ford truck....isn't that what its all about?

Old 07-28-2010, 06:00 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mel, If you talk to them at True Blue could you ask the question and let us know, thanks in advance, Garry

Old 07-28-2010, 07:10 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
I too am interested in this as my truck is powered by a Mercedes diesel engine. I have sent an E-mail to the editor of the magazine and am awaiting a responce.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:40 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
I too am interested in this as my truck is powered by a Mercedes diesel engine. I have sent an E-mail to the editor of the magazine and am awaiting a responce.
Maybe I'll have to watch the news after the event to hear if there was a mass linching and alot of old parts trucks for sale,lol

Old 07-29-2010, 10:25 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Got a reply from the mag,

Jeff,
We tease a "non-pure" truck owner, but hopefully it is all in good fun... except for guys with Chevy motors. Seriously, yes, we would love for you to attend the event and would not ban you from being in the magazine (though the kinds of features we can run will be somewhat limited). Will we get some grumbling by the purists? Sure, but that is ok as long as they keep reading.

A Mercedes turbo, hummm, interesting. That gets me thinking...what if we do a feature in the magazine called something like "Heart Transplants" showing trucks that have had the unique engine swaps like yours? I would like to make time to meet with you and take photos of it.

So, tell the gang on FTE that you will be there! See you in September!
John

Looks lik us "darksiders" are good to go.

Quick Reply: Fall Ford Truck Fest - Townsend, TN