Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Wal-Mart should be destroyed

What a piece of Shat Company.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/wal-mar...00010000000001

Old 03-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is pretty common place...You can be a Vet, on Medicare or just have private insurance, and they will all try to recover costs. Can Walmart afford to pay?...Yes they can, but if it becomes anothers responsibility, why should they?

Old 03-29-2008, 08:57 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
I Just hate walmart in general. I know that most ins companies have a similar clause. Just seems a little frivilous to go after the 278K that wont make a dent in walmarts budget but will give this lady a couple of years of health care.
This is another case of a Bean counter counting beans and not looking th the "Human" factor. Just seems a little redicilois to me. Having Parents with MAJOR health care problems and being low on dough, I understand the worry and need for every dime they can get and then an employer can take it all away. WTF did she pay INSURANCE PREMIUMS for then? So should an employee that has insurance and NEVER uses it be able to collect that sum of money at the end of their employment? F walmart and every other company out there that would be this GD fing retarted.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Walmart is about the largest employer in the world...What would happen if they had to make payments to all the employees?....What would you think, if it were your business?

I know for a fact that Walmart offers some pretty good benefits to the employees. In order to do that, they do have to watch the bottom line. I don't think the question is about the insurance...I think it has more to do with the fact that another organization should be footing the bill.

I will still buy things at a good price from 'Wally World'.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:53 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
I would not want to pay all of those employees monies, However this is not being billed to all employees. This is one situation, one that seems pretty cut and dry. I Am trying to start my own business, I would like to think that "I" would do the "right" thing which is allow this family to stay in their home or an acceptable home and have adequite health care.

BTW Walmart has major issues with Labor law violations. Their have inaduquite healthcare and their pay scale is nearly the same as starting wage in Fast Food. That is why they have Class action suits against them by their employees and womens groups.

I am not saying I don't have walmart products in my home nor am I saying I didnt stay in multiple WM parkinglots in my trailer. What I am saying is that I hate that place and do NOT go in there unless I HAVE to. QT of oil at 9:30, New lures at 4am thats fine. I will not do major shopping at all. They get the least amount of money I can give them.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:57 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
If they didn't follow their rules it would set a precedent. Everybody could come back to them and use this example to win. Yes, it sucks, but I see why they are doing it.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:58 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Marty, you mention labor law, pay scale and healthcare. Can you provide proof of your claims?

Old 03-29-2008, 10:59 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
We all know that these things are done on a case by case basis. You dont think that they have room for special circumstances?

Old 03-29-2008, 11:14 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
http://law.taragana.net/archive/51-m...t-by-wal-mart/

http://www.wakeupwalmart.com/news/20050715-bb.html

http://www.eeoc.gov/press/12-23-02.html

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/03/11/Hi...out_Wal_.shtml

Above are the results of a google search, These are all different and in the first 2 pages of the search. So like in the last likk I posted Walmart collected a womans life policy when she died of cancer because they paid out the money in her health care. WTF is the point of a life ins policy then? Walmart has alot of unhumane actions in their past and I am positive alot of other companies are the same, I just dont know them.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:40 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Basically..When it comes to jobs, employers should have the right to hire whom they want. If accepting a job, the employee agrees to the wage and conditions.

What right does an employee have to dictate to the owner?...If I ask a person to mow my yard, I do not expect them to tell me what length or how they will do it. I expect them to mow my yard with MY conditions. If they choose not to, that is fine. However, if they except the job, it should be the way I want it done.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:45 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Placermike
Basically..When it comes to jobs, employers should have the right to hire whom they want. If accepting a job, the employee agrees to the wage and conditions.

What right does an employee have to dictate to the owner?...If I ask a person to mow my yard, I do not expect them to tell me what length or how they will do it. I expect them to mow my yard with MY conditions. If they choose not to, that is fine. However, if they except the job, it should be the way I want it done.
I do not disagree with that, What I disagree with is their BREAKING laws on not paying for ot or their witholding promotions for female workers like has been in the News. But in this case They are in other suits because of similar things like: an employee with a life ins policy dies of Cancer. WM sues the family for the life ins policy amount because they put out money for the health care of the cancer patient.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:20 AM
Eric C.
Elder User
I know that it sucks but that's the way the policy was written. Unfortunately if you read most insurance policies even most auto insurance policies they read the same. What I found upsetting is the amount they want exceeds the cost of care.

I still remember when they were just a small store back in Arkansa working on putting Ben Franklin out of buisness. They do what most of the other big buisness do, hell look at McDonalds. You can not convince me all the none english speaking clowns working there are legal. I don't go there any more.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:42 PM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Just blow up that ghetto hole. They are just as bad as Schucks. Too cheap to care. Happy to sell you anything. I won't step foot/tire in the parking lot.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:22 AM
Placermike
Postmaster
Get rid of Wally World, and you are stuck looking for 'Blue Light' specials!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:33 AM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Nope, almost hate that place too, But not as much...

Quick Reply: Wal-Mart should be destroyed