Anyone buy from GotTruck.com?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 01:04 PM
BLK94F150
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone buy from GotTruck.com?

Looks like they specialize in theft recovery restores. Looking at some of thier 05-07 Superduties with the 6.0. Not sure how comfortable I am about buying something like that with the 6.0.

So does anyone have any experience?

Mike

Old 09-28-2011, 11:25 AM
mundelein
New User
Gottruck.com

I purchased a F-350 King Ranch from them in April 2011. I was told it was a theft recovery and that the truck had never been in an accident. The VIN number that I was given to do the check on backed up the information except it showed that the truck was a superduty and not a King Ranch Edition. A day before I was to fly down to pick up the truck I was finally given the real VIN number. When I did the check on it, I found out that the truck was in a major front end accident which caused it to be declared salvage on the title. Gottruck swore up and down this was not true and they could show me the paperwork when I got down there. Since I had already purchased the non-refundable airline tickets, I went down. The truck looked good except it was extremely dirty inside and out. I was given paperwork showing alignment was good and once again told the truck had a clean accident history. Brought the truck home and found out on the drive home that the alignment was not perfect. I attempted to align at a service shop when I got back and was told that due to a bent frame the alignment was as good as it gets. It is Now September 28, 2011 and I still cannot register the truck because they still have not sent a correctly filled out titlework to me. It also turned out that I was able to track down the previous owner and the truck was in fact in a major front end collision that caused a salvage title to be issued on the truck.

Short story is they misrepresent the truck and are lousy on the follow through with their paperwork. I would never buy from them.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:05 AM
Cruiseomatic
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just went there and looked in the "about" section, Has nothing to do with them. Just "talks" about what engine is in what and misc. b.s. Really? Looks shady at best.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:23 PM
justin1795
New User
i bought a 03 7.3 diesel from them. was told it was a theft recovery. they gave me a list of what was replaced.. wheels radio and maint items.. ran a carfax and it clearly stated it was crashed into a fence.. they first said no then later said it was a fender bender. they never mentioned the tittle was bad either.. i asked them for my money back they said ok.. they called everyday for a week saying how i was missing out ect... i told them i jsut wasnted my damn money. i had to call the owner at his other bussiness quite a few times.. after a few weeks i told him to overnight the damn check and i would pay the 25 doller fee.. well they charged me over 100 in fees for causing them such a huge incovience.. i couldnt sleep for over a week knowing they were just holding my money to screw with me.. every truck is just a "theft recovery" also they posted the truck on ebay later and they had posted the tittle was bad because owner didnt wanna make payments anymore... also it wasent a southern truck it was from salt lake city. i turned them into the bbb. they lied threw there teeth saying i couldnt get finiancing ect... i sent them the whole amount for the truck.. mike from there called my insurance agent and the carfax guy all liars also.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
The two posters with "troubles" have very little posts in the forum to be considered trustworthy sources, i would do more research before ruling Gottruck.com out... just saying.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:47 AM
justin1795
New User
just trying to prevent someone from getting screwed... look at there website.. why is everytruck on there a theft recovery.. ask them about the trucks then run the carfax.. you will see..

Old 01-08-2012, 09:29 AM
gottruck?
New User
I'm a newbie to this site and will bring all my personal experience with trucks and thier issues to assist anyone we can.

Speaking to the first post; The 6.0 diesel motor. Well, we primarily sell ford diesel trucks, out of the few hundered trucks per year we sell vast majority are ford diesels. We have had a few needing injectors ( about 70-90k miles ) few with leaking egr coolers, and 1 with a blown head gasket. Seems like the most commonality is a computer chip, the trucks with them are more often the trucks with the more major issues, but really can not say this was the only contributer.

I personally owned a ford f-350 with 7.3 and only 58k miles few years ago, loved the truck ( carried a cam sensor and wrench in glove box - never needed them ) Sold the truck and drove a 2007 ford f-250 with 6.0 for 2 years, and had zero issues. Put a small 50hp tune, cold air intake and 4" exhaust for the customs. The benefits of newer transmission, better fuel mileage, quieter motor and more factory hp was to much for me and was really happy. I was very happy with my 6.0 truck, and it was a theft recovery, that I bought, fixed and drove and enjoyed. I have been restoring muscle cars, race cars and off road toys for over 24 years, and love it.

Speaking to other posts : We sell trucks, restored titles primarily to save our customers thousands of dollars, some are theft recoveries, some have had minor damage. Our website clearly states that, and not all trucks say theft recovery - please see for yourself. Just received a 97 F-350 Diesel with 103k miles, rear tire fell off and damaged brakes and all wheel lugs, insurance totalled it, cost us $650 to repair and will last somebody 20+ years.
We also have regular, clear titles so our customers can choose the right truck, its the customers choice.

Speaking to last post: Customer found us on website, clearly states titles, his grandfather sent us payment in full, wanted a refund day or so later to buy a truck from family member, and we refunded his money less $50 service fee and $25 overnite charge he requested.

We will be here on the board to assist with questions about these awesome trucks and use our over 75 years experience within our company to give you insights and real world solutions. And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Old 01-29-2012, 11:11 PM
justin1795
New User
actully lets be honest here. i called you as said the carfax stated it had a salvage tittle. your salesman said yes he told me that. i told him he didnt. he offered my money back and i said yes. that was on a wed. you guys called me everyday for over a week trying to sell me the truck. i told you no everytime and you said you would send the money they next day. but everyday i called there was some reason it didnt get sent. i called the owner non stop for days after 14 days i got my money and some hidden fees they felt intitled to.. will post pictures of there item description ect once my camera charges.. bear in mind i didnt find there truck off there website.. they post on ebay and auto trader as well.. everytime i was called to try and sell me the turd they told me it had never been wrecked. when i kept bringing up the carfax they changed there tone to a fender bender.... also they said it was never in snow.. salt lake city gets alot of snow last i checked? called 4 insurance companys because i was worried after 12 days id never get my damn money till i took them to court. all said they cant put full coverage on the truck.. salesman mike called them all a liar. also about the title.. when they kept trying to push it on me after they fianlly told me about the bad tittle. they said it was a rebuilt tittle.. it was actully a salvage tittle not a rebuilt.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:32 PM
justin1795
New User

no paperwork that states anything about a theft recover. accident. prior salvage tittle.. what was funny was when i first called they said everything they did to the truck. fuel filter, tie rod ect.... no body work.. then once carfax comes out they said no then finally fender bumper ect...

Old 02-26-2015, 12:59 PM
stv1991
Freshman User
I too am currently having issues with Got Truck delivering a truck that was not as advertised. Been trying to work out an agreement that would be reasonable for over three months. I've gotten flowery voice messages and e-mails with "advice" on what I should do but no movement on his behalf. So, this ones going to court. It may be a few months before I update with a conclusion on this issue but I will update this thread with the outcome and exactly what the issues were and the resolution.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:39 PM
stv1991
Freshman User
Legal action has been started.

Old 06-06-2015, 01:16 PM
Triton-5.4
New User
I too have issues with this dealership. I would not recommend any purchase from this dealer. He does not stand behind his product. This is one of those dealerships that give others bad names. Do a basic Google search for reviews on this dealer, then make your decision.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:26 PM
Alexandra Zaitsev
New User
Cool ALL THE BAD REVIEWS ARE TRUE!

We had a VERY BAD experience with this dealer. Bought a truck from him, paid full asking price with cashiers check. Drove off the lot to have a check engine light come on. Checked out the car. Had 9 different fault codes. Dealer was not upfront with us. The vehicle had an ENGINE JOB RECENTLY DONE! Don't you think it's important????? for the buyer to know that???? Owner jerked us around for months! Ended up not repairing the vehicle properly. We filed a lawsuit against him in Superior Court... Now going through aggravation of a lawsuit! Cost us LOTS OF TIME AND MONEY. 20,000 later broken truck and LOTS OF AGGRAVATION! I would NOT recommend this guy to anyone. Also, paid for truck with cashiers check and got our title to the car 4 MONTHS LATER!!!!???? Spoke to DMV and they told us that there was a lien on the vehicle. So, the guy did not even own the vehicle when he sold it to us. This is what you call shady business!

However, instead of ranting I will give useful advise to other's that are going through this BS with Robert Fisher at GotTruck.....

First, this guy is licensed through Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles and he is regulated by them. They conduct investigations into shady dealers and if enough people file complaints they can pull his license. So, visit your local DMV office and ask them how you can file a complaint against this car dealer and they will put you in touch with the right department.

Also, ARIZONA HAS A LEMON LAW clause. Find it on the internet and read it! It DOES COVER USED VEHICLES. So, you have warranty GUARANTEED BY THE STATE LAW for 15 days or 500 miles which ever comes first!

Most attorneys will not take your case for free but if this guy refuses to repair your vehicle FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION AUTO DEALER LICENSING AND THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE. IF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE WILL GET MORE THAN 5 COMPLAINTS AGAINST THIS GUY THEY HAVE TO START AN OFFICIAL STATE INVESTIGATION!!!! SO, THIS GUY CAN LOSE HIS DEALER LICENSE AND GET IN TROUBLE WITH THE STATE!

Also, you don't have to sue this guy really. There is simpler way to go after him! The state of Arizona requires all auto dealers to carry a BOND. A bond is really an insurance policy against errors and omissions! So, if this guy broke a state law and did not honor some part of his sales agreement to you then GO AFTER HIS BOND! Get financial relief. If they pay out on his bond (on your claim) they will pull the bond and HE WILL LOSE HIS DEALER LICENSE! So, to get a bond info ALSO CALL DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION AND GET A FORM CALLED DEALER LICENSING RECORD INQUIRY. Fill it out, state on the form what you need and why pay a 0.25 cent fee and they will send you the info. Call the bond company and tell them that you want to file a claim against this guy and be financially compensated for the damages that you have incurred as a result of him not honoring the terms of the sales contract or breaking the Arizona State Law.

Also, go on Google, Yelp, and any other website you can find and leave him a review. Sometimes people read them. Have him lose some business due to his shady business practices!

And, you can always file a lawsuit against him like we did. We will utilize all avenues of restitution to us in relation to this transaction. If I find any more useful information I will post for others!

Old 09-23-2016, 10:48 PM
stv1991
Freshman User
Alexandra, please PM me. This is the type of business person that gives honest people a bad name.