Sponsored by: DP Tuner

feul bowl drain leak...............

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 12:33 PM
wolfrace
You like apples?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
feul bowl drain leak...............

I had a fuel leak start after doing some mods a few weeks ago It really seemed to be coming from drain. In a pinch I went to the stealership and got a new drain w/ orings I put it on and it still leaked. yesterday I resolved a high fuel pressure issue and figured it would stop today more fuel in the valley. I had the drain tightened till it split the sides, so I used my old one with the new oring.......................and it's still leaking

what to do now,,,,,,, if I order orings from Bob will they be any better (at stopping a leak) than OE................. could it be coming from some where else maybe it's coming from the fuel outlet ports..............doesn't feel like it..............

Old 06-29-2010, 12:55 PM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My First fuel leaks were coming from the fuel lines, have you checked those yet? Have you taken your fuel filter off lately?

Will Bob's seal better, they shouldnt, but they should last longer.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:14 PM
wolfrace
You like apples?
I cleaned the bowl and drove the truck, all the connections were dry except for the bottom of the drain and bowl.................... I did the fuel filter a couple of months ago...................

Old 06-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd get a full bowl rebuild kit from Bob. Replace every O-ring/fuel line sleeve in it....

Old 06-29-2010, 08:19 PM
HH60FE
Posting Guru
Wolf, when you replaced the O-rings in the drain valve, did you reinstall that little ball bearing? I have no idea what it's function is, maybe to hold the assy together, but I dropped mine. Luckely I found it. Just thinking out loud.