1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horrible accident - Accord vs. F350

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 12:39 AM
mczarski
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wife's Car

Here is my wifes car after a frontal offset with a tractor trailer. At least 90 mph combined speed.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:32 AM
redford
Received 1,562 Likes on 910 Posts
They are always "good kids". I guess being a good kid doesn't mean being a responsible driver.

My condolences to the surviving families of these kids.

I'm sure the driver and passengers in the Super Duty feel very bad also. I didn't see much in the way of skid marks on the road (maybe 20 feet) so they probably had very little warning prior to the collision.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:32 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Great responses from everyone at FTE. I hope you all bookmark this story and show it and the thread to those who you love, especially the young drivers. I always tell my kids when they get in a car they are responsible for arriving safely, even if they are passengers. They can always yell at an irresponsible driver and demand to be let out of a car if it is unsafe. My kids know they can call me anytime, anywhere and I will drop everything and come get them.

I also teach a Sunday school class of teenagers and I took a few minutes yesterday aside from the lesson to show them what happened here. They were all saddened by the story and promised to not let this happen to them. At least some good learnings can come from this tragedy.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:30 AM
fordboy67
Cargo Master
TenneseeMustangPerf stated it perfectly. He took the words right out of my mouth! I as a Father of two soon to be driving age boys, will be using this as a teaching tool for them. My prayers go to all involved!

Old 06-28-2010, 08:37 AM
Big Ruth
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"That's when Arguello, who was driving a Honda Accord, tried to pass the other on a blind turn in a no-passing zone."

Ugh.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:48 AM
Downriver Thunder
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
God help those families.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:30 AM
first_f250
Junior User
stuff like this happens every year around me last year a girl just finished high school was drunk and hit head on this year a girl that just graduated was in a car that lost control and wraped around a tree. i went to high school with these people its hard to think about stuff like this. just screwin around a little and your not only playing with your life but the lives of the people in your car and the people you hit. also the lower bumper is offen removed for snow plows then never put back on when the truck gets sold

Old 06-28-2010, 09:40 AM
thomabb
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Whenever my 17yo wants to borrow a vehicle, I send her out in the SD if at all possible. This story and dozens like it are why I do. My wife doesn't always agree. I am sending her (and my daughter) this story. Terrible tragedy all around.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:49 AM
lakewood
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 1975StroppeBaja
Very sad indeed. Condolences to the families.

I don't know what year the SD was but I guess it didn't have that extra bumper down low to keep us from driving over little cars? What year did Ford introduce those?

Wow.... at least the guy in the truck was fine, wasnt his fault.
That truck was lifted so that bumper probably wouldn't do anything.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:33 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TennesseeMustangPerf
Don't forget to tell her the dangers of hopping into a car with a driver who is not prepared to drive or who has poor driving habits or history. As a former volunteer firefighter I have pulled victims out of the passenger seat too.
AND the frightening thing is that the F350 could have been another car full of kids.. we taught our kids that you HAVE to pay attention ALL the time.. I trusted THEM.. not anyone else.

My son's girlfriend was killed right in front of him as they pulled out of the mall.. he right, she left, and was t-boned..
we think she was looking back at him as they pulled out..

one moment.. less than 1 second, is all it takes.. (just now, 6 years later, we think he has finally turned the corner on that night)..

Sam

Old 06-28-2010, 11:11 AM
1975StroppeBaja
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lakewood
That truck was lifted so that bumper probably wouldn't do anything.
Ah... I didn't catch that it was lifted the first time through the pics.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:06 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by sdetweil
AND the frightening thing is that the F350 could have been another car full of kids.. we taught our kids that you HAVE to pay attention ALL the time.. I trusted THEM.. not anyone else.

My son's girlfriend was killed right in front of him as they pulled out of the mall.. he right, she left, and was t-boned..
we think she was looking back at him as they pulled out..

one moment.. less than 1 second, is all it takes.. (just now, 6 years later, we think he has finally turned the corner on that night)..

Sam
That is so true. Okay, story time.
I had a teacher in high school that was disabled (paralyzed), but I did not know why. He told us one afternoon that he was involved in a car accident. Two days before Christmas he, his wife, and his 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter were driving back from a family reunion when. As he drove over the big green bridge in Clinton, he saw a pair of headlights coming at him in his lane. It was just too short a time to do anything, and the car hit them head on. The accident was so hard that the driver burst through the safety glass and smashed against Mr. Evan's windshield! He spent the next few weeks in a coma. When he awoke, he was told that he had been hit by a drunk driver. He asked how his wife was, who was in the passenger front seat. The doctors did not tell him, just beat around the subject. A few hours later, he was visited by a family member, who had answered his question- his wife had died in the accident. He asked about his son and daughter and was told that his son was severely hurt though alive, but his daughter had also been killed. He had spent the entire stay in the hospital (several months) hating this unknown drunk driver that had taken his family, and said that he was ashamed but was happy to hear that the drunk was killed in the accident as well. When he had gotten released and reunited with his son, they talked about the accident and his son mentioned that he had nightmares of "Uncle David" crashing through the window. Turned out that the drunk was Mr. Evan's brother! Last time I heard, his son still would not ride in a car after dark, and that was several years after the accident.

As a firefighter, I have responded to many scenes where speed or poor driving habits were a factor, but one of the hardest for me was when we responded to an accident on the Norris Freeway where a pick up truck had flipped off of the road. The driver was ejected and critical (don't know if he survived), and the passenger in the front was fairly bruised but okay (was wearing a seatbelt). We found one of the victims, a young girl, in the grassy field almost 300 feet away, still clutching her infant child in her arms. Both were killed instantly. She was riding in the bed of the truck holding her child! The baby was crushed around the torso from her arms.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:26 PM
fordboy67
Cargo Master
Man, thats some chilling reading! Thank God for people who can be Firefighters and such! I can't imagine the things thay have to deal with! We all owe them all a huge THANKS!

Old 06-28-2010, 01:50 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Posting Guru
Oh I have seen some things that would make Saw look like a Disney flick. And on behalf of firefighters everywhere, thank you for the appreciation!