1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Rust-free Southwestern beauty on CL!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 05:19 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Rust-free Southwestern beauty on CL!!

1952 Ford Truck F1

OK, he does admit it's got "some rust"

And a Suzuki tire cover?!?!

But you can't beat that price!!!

Old 06-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
"A little rust?" Yeah, the fenders (or rather the "Air Fender"where the lower used to be) and headlights look like the result of termites to me! LOL.

Shoot, when I bought mine 5 years ago I paid $1400 for it and it was running (kind of) and had no rust out!

Name:  AA My 51 Ford Profile.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  24.8 KB

I guess the trucks are either getting more rare or more interesting - for $4100!

Old 06-26-2010, 10:36 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Heck, even up here we'd refrain from the term "some rust" when describing this truck. Here anything that's still somewhat attached to the frame is considered "restorable". The rest of the truck looks pretty good, at least from what I can see in the pictures. I wonder why the front fenders got the bug so bad.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:38 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
While salt is the culprit in the Nawth, what happens in the SW is that fine sand and dust gets up behind the reinforcements, then when it eventually gets wet it holds moisture forever, you know the rest. Most of these were used as a farm trucks on muddy roads, mud gets thrown up there in the eyebrows. A lot of the soil down here is red clay like in Georgia, aka "adobe". Strong as concrete. It's one reason I went 'glass, Not interested in toothbrushing the inside of my fenders.

But this is about the worst I've seen!

Old 06-29-2010, 09:07 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by Julies Cool F1
"A little rust?" Yeah, the fenders (or rather the "Air Fender"where the lower used to be) and headlights look like the result of termites to me! LOL.

Shoot, when I bought mine 5 years ago I paid $1400 for it and it was running (kind of) and had no rust out!

Attachment 25198

I guess the trucks are either getting more rare or more interesting - for $4100!

I thought you inherited the truck from your Dad? TEE HEE!

Old 06-29-2010, 09:36 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ross sorry for the interuption.

EDIT: Bigwin - Sorry didn't see you post.

Originally Posted by Julies Cool F1

Attachment 25198

Cool - You must be starting to have mjnd slippage like a lot of the folks here - above you stated - "Shoot, when I bought mine 5 years ago I paid $1400 for it and it was running (kind of) and had no rust out!"

When you first appeared you stated that you had inheareted the Truck from your Father, Dan, along with his library of books and articles and that was where you got all your truck smarts - in fact I was thinking it's amazing how Dan's brain morffed its way into yours cause you make identical statements that Dan did - it's almost as if dan just changed into womens clothes and you appeared.
Isn't it funny how something like this could happen?

Old 06-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 4tl8ford
Ross sorry for the interuption.

EDIT: Bigwin - Sorry didn't see you post.

Cool - You must be starting to have mjnd slippage like a lot of the folks here - above you stated - "Shoot, when I bought mine 5 years ago I paid $1400 for it and it was running (kind of) and had no rust out!"

When you first appeared you stated that you had inheareted the Truck from your Father, Dan, along with his library of books and articles and that was where you got all your truck smarts - in fact I was thinking it's amazing how Dan's brain morffed its way into yours cause you make identical statements that Dan did - it's almost as if dan just changed into womens clothes and you appeared.
Isn't it funny how something like this could happen?
Let me refresh your memory correctly Penn Dick as it appears your psycho drugs have not kicked in yet today.

There's been no change of history, no change in story - only this lie "you guys" keep trying to paint.

My father and I bought the truck together and he kept it in San Diego when I had to move to St. Louis with a base change. He did most of the work until he died and I moved back to San Diego. It was always going to be my truck.

Some of you idiots are so absolutely obsessed with the Dan-Julie thing - to a point where some people here have gone as far as to stalk me and take illegal action - that your egos will manipulate the story any way you want it to read. The glorious little 4 or 5 man pack of big, brave, internet bullies - my very own "Peanut Gallery."

I'm here to talk about trucks not match wits with a few ego trash men who feel the need to bully people to feel like "Big Men." And I most assuradly am not going to cleanse and guard ever statement I make because you might find a word or phrase you can manipulate into serving "the cause."

What a bunch of heros -"proud and honorable" for digging for "the truth." What a bunch of crap.

The truth is you few are cowards - beating on a woman while hiding behind the safety of the safety. And doing it because you are simply feeling intruded apon and jealous by the presence of that woman on your precious "man site" in your "man world of old trucks" who frankly knows more about these trucks in some areas than you "Big" Men. Well tough.

I'm sure, as it's fairly obvious, you have significant problems of your own to deal with "Dick." Why don't you focus on them instead of trying to improve your image by fabricating fault about others.

Even if you were right. So what? Really, so what? I make a good, helpful contribution here - no matter who I am, what I am, or what you want me to be. And that's what's important here not your ugly ego problems.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:06 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,835 Likes on 1,835 Posts
Whoa.......take it easy there Da.......

...uh.....
....er........

...I mean Julie. This is a friendly place here, there's no call to bring in the "I know more than you do" or the male/female thing. Its been my experience around here that we welcome the ladies with open arms. Shoot, in this testosterone laden group a woman's perspective is a welcome change of pace, kinda brightens things up a bit. Now granted, the men do out number you gals but there are a handful of ladies that do chime in from time to time. They may not be as active as you but they are around. As you well know, we even have the gals from Mid 50's contribute from time to time. I think I speak for the majority when I say there's nothing finer than a gal who appreciates old trucks.

Heck, I'm sure that if we could all get together and have a cold beer or a (insert your favorite frosty beverage here) we'd all be laughing and swapping lies in no time.

Now, everybody back to their corners and lets all get back to arguing about old trucks and griping about how the previous owners (and not ourselves) messed them all up.

Bobby

Old 06-29-2010, 02:12 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Originally Posted by bobbytnm
Now, everybody back to their corners and lets all get back to arguing about old trucks and griping about how the previous owners (and not ourselves) messed them all up.

Bobby
I think, no I know, that the '48-50 Monkey Faces are a lot nicer looking than the '51-52 Manure Spreaders.

Bobby is this better?

Old 06-29-2010, 02:17 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,835 Likes on 1,835 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
I think, no I know, that the '48-50 Monkey Faces are a lot nicer looking than the '51-52 Manure Spreaders.

Bobby is this better?
That's the spirit Bob!!

And...AND!!! cold beer is much much better than warm beer

Bobby

Old 06-29-2010, 02:44 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
That's the spirit Bob!!

And...AND!!! cold beer is much much better than warm beer

Bobby

yeh.. but warm beer is better than a lot of water I've had..

Sam

Old 06-29-2010, 02:51 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just fess up, it's getting real old. You can play what ever roll you want to as long as folks know it's a role - even the wife is pissed as you are dissin women.

I most likely will get expelled just like Dan did before you appeared - maybe I'll come back as a Truck Drivin' Dog. - Roof Roof

Old 06-29-2010, 03:10 PM
olebob4950
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW! I think I will go out to the shop, kick a tire on the old truck and tell it I luv it.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Whoa.......take it easy there Oh,take it easy yourself Pal No one needs you to act like the FTE Holy FatherDa.......

...uh.....
....er........

...I mean Julie. This is a friendly place here, yeah, with a few exceptions by 3 or 4 people who always seem to ruin things for everyone else there's no call to bring in the "I know more than you do" or the male/female thing. Why not, it seems to be a big problem for some of you Its been my experience around here that we welcome the ladies with open arms. Not my complete experience - sorry. Shoot, in this testosterone laden group a woman's perspective is a welcome change of pace, kinda brightens things up a bit. Yeah as long as they don't challange your Imperial Status and keep their place. Now granted, the men do out number you gals but there are a handful of ladies that do chime in from time to time. They may not be as active as you but they are around. As you well know, we even have the gals from Mid 50's contribute from time to time. I think I speak for the majority when I say there's nothing finer than a gal who appreciates old trucks.

Heck, I'm sure that if we could all get together and have a cold beer or a (insert your favorite frosty beverage here) we'd all be laughing and swapping lies in no time. I doubt that very seriously. One of th ereason I refuse to attend functions is frankly because if I ever met a few of you I'd have a big problem not slapping you across the face. If you and Penn Dick and I were to meet at this moment you'd both have a 4" high heel stuck up your...... and I'd be the only one laughing. Now, everybody back to their corners and lets all get back to arguing about old trucks and griping about how the previous owners (and not ourselves) messed them all up.
Bobby
I didn't start this or bring it up Bobby! The first time and now the second time. And I'm not sure who you think voted you the "FTE Boss of the World" to be telling people to calm down - how condecending and arrogant.

Maybe if you jerks would knock this garbage off I wouldn't be so defensive all the time. It has NOTHING to do with what this site is about. Just 3 or 4 people who need to act like @$$#*lls to feel like "Big Men." The little playground bullies club.

As long as this crap keeps up, or gets reimplied like in your post, I'll take it apon myself to defend myself and keep the record straight.

So rather than telling everyone to just calm down after you get your little dig in, why not get back to the original agenda and knock off your juvenile behavior - for the good of all concerned.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:56 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner

Quick Reply: Rust-free Southwestern beauty on CL!!