1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Any idea what to ask for my '53?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 07:09 AM
xfordman
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any idea what to ask for my '53?

I'm thinking on selling it to fund another project (damn I wish I was rich) Sorry, you will have to look in my gallery for pics....Rod Oh, it now has a new 5.0 crate engine with AOD and 3.89 posi. About 3000 miles on everything.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:20 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dang, if I didn't already have two trucks I'd want it! Good luck with it and sorry you have to sell...

Old 06-23-2010, 08:53 AM
tardster
Elder User
Nice truck man, I dont know what you have wrapped up in her but I doubt you will ever get close to that number and please dont take that as a knock because that truck is beautiful.... Mainly it really all depends on how bad you want to get your next project and how much your willing to take for it. Now from a buyers side of it, if someone was truely interested in it I would say somewhere in the 20's but I'm sure there will be people who say its worth more and then there will be some who say its worth less.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Probably about $200. If you like, I'll send you a check for that and swing by this weekend to pick it up.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Stephen67
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Beautiful truck!

I know the feeling of selling something to do another project, but you never get what you put into it back, and for me I always end up regretting the idea.

Right now the market isn't the best for selling. There was a '53 F100 in town that had a white pearl paint job, very slick, very clean, well worth the money but no one would pay $10,000 for it.

I wouldn't sell it till you're sure you want to, it's been my experience that I shop a whole lot better and make a more interesting build when I have no money to spend on it. You can never un-sell the project, once it's gone, it's gone. But that's how I build, I like to do everything myself.

If you do want to sell it to do another project, I would list it for what you want and wait for the right buyer to come across. Being in a hurry to sell it will cost you a whole lot of money and since you're selling it for the funds...

Just my two cents.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, here goes. In CA, I would ask $20K and see if anybody bites. I don't know if you are in a hurry. You might try EBay and see how far the bidding goes. Just make sure that you have lots of pix and a good description. Good luck, Jag

Old 06-23-2010, 05:09 PM
ssj7kids
Elder User
I'm with Julie... but she is a little on the low side... I will double her price, CASH....

Nice truck....

Old 06-23-2010, 06:04 PM
tiger_698
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with Julie. Times are hard. But I'd pay quite a bit more than $200 and be to Grain Valley within the hour to take it off your hands.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:57 PM
xfordman
Elder User
Juuulie...Juuulie, (wadn't dat a song) Just look what you started, now I'm gettin low ball offers like crazy....Really, I was thinking mid twenties, ah, Julie thats mid twenty thousand to you....Rod

Old 06-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
The worth of something is decided by what someone is willing to pay for it. A starving man will pay $100 for a fried chicken.

If you are in a hurry, put it in an auction or a local car/truck show. Concentrated buyers may bid the price up. However, this country is in bad shape financially. You may find it difficult to locate a legitimate buyer with cash. Please let us know what happens. Then we'll have a better answer for the next inquiring mind. Jag

Old 06-23-2010, 07:35 PM
xfordman
Elder User
Thanks Jag...I'm going to Des Moines GGuy show, maybe I'll stick a sign in the window.....It's so damn good looking I hate to sell it anyway...LOL

Old 06-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Well, just for the record, I hope that nobody buys it. That way you'll be able to get a personalized license plate that reads "KAKE" for it. Then on this next project the personalized plate can read "E DIT". That way you will be able to have your cake and eat it too!

Projects make for better stories when you put them together on a showstring budget. Good luck, Jag

Old 06-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Tomget
Posting Guru

I don't know what you should ask? Its really a cool truck. Its so hard to sell these things. Luckily I haven't had to in years, and I just dread the thought, but someday I will of course. Or I'll be dead and someone will for me .

Myself--I like dealing with the buyer. I've never gone the auction route. Not that its a bad idea. If its something I value I like to stay in touch with the new owner--when it possible/practical etc. That way I stay involved with the truck a little. And for some reason that appeals to me. And it makes it a little more acceptable if I think I "approve" of the new owner. Weird uh? I don't usually sell to people if i dont.

I myself keep in touch with previous owners of the trucks I've bought and some even stop by from time to time and we've kinda become "truck" friends etc..

If had to sell your truck here in Calif where I live I'd try to get around $16K for it. Not that its not worth more! I just dont' currently see it as a sellers market. Cash is dear these days!. Things in your neighborhood might go for more or less.?

Goodluck

Old 07-05-2010, 10:05 AM
xfordman
Elder User
****UPDATE*****This might be interesting if your wondering what our trucks are worth. Went to GGuys in Des Moines this weekend to sell my truck. After looking around at the other vehicles for sale, I realized mine was probably priced too low at $25K. It sold fast for $25K. I have more Ford trucks, so I'll still be keeping an eye on you guys and gals....Rod

Old 07-05-2010, 01:48 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
WOW!! I was ready to chime in that people are still spending money on toys, and to go for it, but that's great news (I guess?!)

What's the new project? (PS does your wife know what you got for it???)

Quick Reply: Any idea what to ask for my '53?