1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Need help identifing wires

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 12:02 AM
casterbuster
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help identifing wires

My sister in law owns a 2000 ford ranger flex fuel 3.0. She recently ran over something and jerked the wires completely out of the the FLEX FUEL Sensor connector so now I have the three different color wire hanging down I have found a replacement connector, but the pig tail has three black wires... the wires hanging from the harness are BLUE, BLACK and Green... I need to know which wire goes where in the connector so I can splice these back together. Could someone help me out on this?

Old 06-23-2010, 07:44 AM
pawpaw
Received 73 Likes on 71 Posts
Welcome to FTE.

This may help with the wire color code/connector pin location & operating voltage.

So with a multimeter & the vehicle at KOEO you could likely read the vehicles lead voltage out, to confirm the B+ 12 volts & ground lead & the other is the sensors 5 volt signal reurn to the computer.
Flex Fuel Sensor Replicator for a Ford

Let us know how it goes.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:53 AM
casterbuster
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did find 5volts at the connector but none of them have 12v... anymore help I haven't found any blown fuses yet.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:08 AM
pawpaw
Received 73 Likes on 71 Posts
Here is some more info on the flex fuel sensor that might be helpful & in it is a link that Rockledge was hosting on a circuit schematic that might provide a clue.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...ical-info.html

Not sure where the B+ 12 volts to the flex fuel sensor comes from, as my repair manual wiring pictorial & repair info is strangely silent on that subject.

So I don't know if it comes directly from the computers power relay, or is fed from or through the computer.

I assume the 5 vots you've measured was at the KOEO "run" position right????
If so, it seems to me the connector should have the B+ 12 volts to it also, as the computer would need B+ to generate & send the 5 volt reference to the sensor, so maybe it's fused as you suspect, but danged if I know where right now, so maybe a member that knows, will chime in & enlighten us!!!!