New Bad to the Bone Reunel Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 06:00 PM
HUBBSTER
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Bad to the Bone Reunel Bumper

Very Mad Max

My mechanic just sent me these shots, will get better ones when I get home next week

Before w wimpy stock bumper

Old 06-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Hollywood703
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It doesnt look very thick? how much does it weigh? do you run a plow as I see the dual receivers on the front..

If you like it its all that matters......

Old 06-17-2010, 07:18 PM
TexasEx
Junior User
I like my Ranch Hand "Creamer" better.....because anything that hits it is getting creamed!

1.5" schedule 40 cross bars built around 4" schedule 80 tube all encased with a stamped grill inserts along with a 2" front receiver. All of the vertical peices are 3/8" steel. All of which is powder coated gloss black. PA-TOW!!! How you like me now?!?!?

Old 06-17-2010, 08:38 PM
fordboy67
Cargo Master
I'm usually not a big fan of the big front bumpers, I think they make the truck look like it has an underbite! But I do like the look of that new Reunel. Looks like it would take quite an impact!

Old 06-18-2010, 02:29 AM
SAR Skipper
Junior User
Do you have anymore shots of it, say full length of the truck for an overall appearance?

Also as the other asked. Whats the weight and composite (Aluminum, steel, mix?)

I like it!

Old 06-18-2010, 02:27 PM
HUBBSTER
Senior User
Its around 300 # of steel

I haven't seen it in person yet but I like the looks of it

Gonna get the rear 1 too w a tire & fuel carrier

Old 06-18-2010, 02:37 PM
blowhole
Senior User
Originally Posted by TexasEx
I like my Ranch Hand "Creamer" better.....because anything that hits it is gettig creamed!

That bumper is gigantic - I didn't think it was possible to make the Ex look front heavy - but you have succeeded!! (I could lay down on that bumper and have room to roll around!!)

Old 06-18-2010, 04:05 PM
HUBBSTER
Senior User
Originally Posted by Hollywood703
It doesnt look very thick? how much does it weigh? do you run a plow as I see the dual receivers on the front..

Not much plowing to be done in Miami, then again streets are a mess after the Hurricanes

I just got as many options as I could on it for any potential future use

Old 06-18-2010, 07:08 PM
TexasEx
Junior User
[quote=That bumper is gigantic - I didn't think it was possible to make the Ex look front heavy - but you have succeeded!! (I could lay down on that bumper and have room to roll around!!)[/quote]

This is true. I like the look because it makes this already huge truck look even bigger! It must stick out another 14" inches or so. When I install the rear bumper it'll even things out a bit.....another 12" inches to the rear!

And.....I still need to weld on vertical pieces under the headlights.

Old 06-20-2010, 03:13 AM
BigRy
Elder User
Originally Posted by HUBBSTER
Not much plowing to be done in Miami, then again streets are a mess after the Hurricanes

I just got as many options as I could on it for any potential future use

For when the Zombies invade.... thats what I say when people ask me when they see my collection of AR15's (5) with one of them having an M203 attachment, (which is for smoke and flare use only - thats what I tell the government at least).

Old 06-20-2010, 01:27 PM
rockstate45
Posting Guru
I'm a fan of the RH bumpers. That thing looks massive. What all you hit with that thing?

I have just the brush guard on my truck and it's saved me from two new front ends (women drivers can't drive...)

-rockstate

Old 06-20-2010, 02:06 PM
soutthpaw
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hollywood703

Hollywood you are way off base on that, Reunel happen to be the heaviest duty bumpers on the market today, the main bumper is all 1/4 to 3/8 steel plate... Looks awesome by the way.... one of the few whose function is equal to its form...

Oh and unless they changed the way they make them the grill guard bars are solid 1" steel bar and the cross pieces are 1/4" wall tubing the upright I think are 1/2" plate and it will eat a RH bumper for Breakfast...

You do actually get what you pay for with Reunel bumpers....

Old 06-20-2010, 04:58 PM
rockstate45
Posting Guru
I agree with Reunel bumpers being ridiculously strong. I'd love one if I could afford one.

However, I can't, and Ranch Hand is what I'd stick with.

The "Legend Series" Front Bumper Replacement is the toughest product on the market and has been field tested in extreme conditions. The standard front end and the 8-9K winch option come standard with a 4" schedule 40 pipe bumper and the 15K winch option comes standard with a 1/4" formed channel bumper. Both provide maximum protection for your vehicle. 2" receiver hitch is standard on all Legend front bumper replacements.

Above is what Ranch Hand says about the Legend series bumper.

For about a grand, you get a heck of a bumper. As a matter of fact, you're not going to see a Ranch Hand deformed in a collision.

BOTH the Reunel and Ranch Hand will be far sturdier than the frame, and even total out the vehicle it's on in a collision.

I've pushed vehicles wiht just my BRUSH guard and it hasn't moved. Dumpsters, trees, you name it, it's been pushed. No damage. My buddy's Ranch Hand on his Duramax has been through HELL and back... and actually is a bit bent up, the bottom bar and the mesh grille. Saved his truck from quite a few bucks and a lot of other things. The one that did the damage is pushing a 300 lb steel shelf into a tree - not the 60 mph hit into the shelfing lol.

Long story short, you're going to total the truck far before you total or bend the bumper. It's personal preference as to what you find is "prettier." i'm a fan of the ranch style bumpers, but like Reunel as well and was contemplating the rear bumper for my truck (but not for TWICE as much before shipping and coating... which after it was all said and done gonna be about 3 times as a Ranch Hand rear bumper for my truck).

-rockstate

Old 06-20-2010, 07:07 PM
UrbanXX
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like both bumpers the Reunel and the Ranch Hand, they both look HEAVY DUTY. Personally I would go with the Ranch Hand, but I would not think twice about a Reunel as I like it as well.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:40 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
man that reunel is nice! i wanna make one that looks like it, but with a winch mount in the center.

Quick Reply: New Bad to the Bone Reunel Bumper