6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

2 inch front leveling kit - before and after

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 06:06 AM
graphics1988
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya thats what i thought they were for too...the inner fender...but the big thick piece is concerning....i will call ready-lift today - and i am getting an alignment today as well...do they check caster/camber during an alignment or do i have to tell them....its a ford dealership. Thanks guys...i still wish it didnt sit lower in the back....so much for a "levelling" kit...ha

Old 10-14-2011, 06:19 AM
720Deere
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Since an F250 sits basically level already, the concept of installing just a leveling kit on a 250 is a bit of a misnomer. The rear of an F350 already sits 2-2.5" higher than the front hence the "leveling" concept. You now need to install F350 lift blocks in order to "level" your truck.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:35 AM
graphics1988
New User
ya - ready-lift should mention that in their brochure....this sucks.....i'm not buying anything else from them. Thanks Matt for the info tho - appreciate it!

Old 10-18-2011, 08:13 PM
HoustonRider
Freshman User
I've been focused on this for a while, and I have it down pretty cold (lol). Pretty much the 2011 F250 has 2" blocks in rear, the F350 has 4" blocks in the rear. That won't change from truck to truck.

What MAY change, is the difference from front to rear on any of these trucks (even F250 to F250, or F350 to F350)

Stock, my 2011 F250 sits 1.5" higher in the rear than in the front. I could care less about a lift more than 2-3 inches, because I use the bed, load it down, get it dirty (not a street queen, lol).

You can buy a complete kit most anywhere (front/rear lift), or level. Because I load the bed on occasion I prefer a 1" diff from front to rear. Simple enough. Problem is, its tough to get that specific in a "kit".

you can buy lifts for the front (1-3" normally) and blocks up to 6-7"....so it may be easier to piece one together to fit your needs.

I found a 2" lift for the front. Simple. But that leaves my rear 0.5" lower than the front. to keep my 1" diff in the rear (my preference), I need a 1.5" block to get it right. Simple enough again

you can buy rear blocks almost anywhere, in 1" increments, and in the case with Fabtech, 1.5" ").

So I bought a 2" lift (aluminum blocks under the coil perch) for literally $20. Rear Block set (Fabtech, about $40) and new u bolts (if needed) about $50. It may be piece meal, but $110 bucks got me the stance I want (haven't done it yet, lol).

Old 10-18-2011, 08:30 PM
720Deere
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hope that stacking lift blocks works out for you. This has never been a good idea and the chances of failure increase every time they increase the HP, Torque and tow ratings on these trucks. I would much prefer to have one block to make up the full height needed. I still don't understand why any manufacturer uses lift blocks at stock ride height. The further you move the attachment point of the spring away from the axle, the more leverage you are putting on the springs and chancing axle wrap.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:48 PM
HoustonRider
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 720Deere
I hope that stacking lift blocks works out for you. This has never been a good idea and the chances of failure increase every time they increase the HP, Torque and tow ratings on these trucks. I would much prefer to have one block to make up the full height needed. I still don't understand why any manufacturer uses lift blocks at stock ride height. The further you move the attachment point of the spring away from the axle, the more leverage you are putting on the springs and chancing axle wrap.
In most cases you can buy a 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 inch block. I could have opted for the 4" OEM block (from the F350), but it didn't fit my needs. I don't think I would stack two 4-6 inch blocks.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:09 PM
TexasA&M
Elder User
Originally Posted by 720Deere
I would much prefer to have one block to make up the full height needed.
I believe they do it so that they can use the same springs for 2WD vs. 4WD, and 3/4 vs 1 tons. I agree that it is pretty shiesty, but it makes sense from a purely manufacturing standpoint.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:52 AM
graphics1988
New User
one of the guys from Ready Lift contacted me - i havent spoke to him yet, as i wanted the details on the exact part numbered lift i purchased. Today we will speak - i hate the fact that i have to "piece" it together (unless he sends me a new rear kit)...and i have to pay my mechanic to re-re the new parts....hopefully its a good conversation - i've never been one to blow a gasket (unless its life threatening or harmful to me or my fam)...lol....annnnnnd what the heck is 'axle wrap"?!

Old 10-21-2011, 11:44 AM
graphics1988
New User
its ALLLLL good - thanks to the help of Raul from Ready-Lift! He explained the proper process of ordering the correct lifts - it wasnt my fault or his, but he has made it right for me - thanks for that! Pretty nice to have companies that stand behind their products! Anyway - the truck sits level and looks so nice - i ended up having the 2.5 inch lift for the fronts and had to go from a 4" riser in the rear to a 5". A couple of you guys here also lead me in the right direction! cheers

Old 05-02-2012, 02:51 PM
FORDTUF1
Elder User
Reviving an old post.
I got my leveler spacers in from Autospring yesterday. I went with the 2" version as well because I tow a big 5th wheel too.

Looking at them I can tell the rubber spacer from the truck will go on the bottom and into the springs, but what does the top rest on? Just into the steel spring pocket?

Steel on steel? I hope not. Has anyone noticed any odd squeaking noises since running them for a while? I'm trying to think of what material I can get my hands on to coat the top of the spacer maybe.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:54 PM
graphics1988
New User
Originally Posted by FORDTUF1
Reviving an old post.
I got my leveler spacers in from Autospring yesterday. I went with the 2" version as well because I tow a big 5th wheel too.

Looking at them I can tell the rubber spacer from the truck will go on the bottom and into the springs, but what does the top rest on? Just into the steel spring pocket?

Steel on steel? I hope not. Has anyone noticed any odd squeaking noises since running them for a while? I'm trying to think of what material I can get my hands on to coat the top of the spacer maybe.
Send me a PM and I will take a pic of mine. No squeaks. All good. I'd say maybe a high impact polyethylene. I forget the short acronym for it. But it would work for your purpose. Mine is steel on steel and we have salt on our roads all winter long. Which should be a problem eventually. I will have a new truck by the time THAT happens tho. Hahaha

Old 05-02-2012, 04:27 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by FORDTUF1
Reviving an old post.

I had the same concern when I installed mine nearly two years ago. No problems so far and I have zero patience for squeeks and rattles.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:51 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,024 Likes on 2,203 Posts
Mine are metal on metal as well and I haven't had any issues or noises.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:05 PM
HoustonRider
Freshman User
but bottoms of the springs sit directly on the perch and its metal. Its that 1,100 6.7 that holds it down, lol.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:50 PM
my996duc1
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My F250 was sitting almost level from the factory.
I wanted a couple inches of lift so it seemed perfect to do a different block in the rear and a leveling kit in the front.

I didn't want to raise the rear 1.75" with a F350 block (yes the F350 block is 3.75" tall) and the front with a leveling kit at 2.5". Now for some 3/4" of an inch difference is no biggie but I found different a setup to get me to within 1/4" of difference.

I found the Bilstein Leveling kit raises the front 2.25" and a set of Ready Lift 4" blocks for the rear would raise it a true 2". Some retailers even advertise the Bilstein kit as a 2" leveling kit which is what it did on mine.

The Bilstein Leveling kit also includes the 5100 series shocks so it worked out perfect.

Worked out great with 2" of lift and I am still sitting almost level.

Quick Reply: 2 inch front leveling kit - before and after