1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Aftermarket Clutches

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 07:25 PM
redman84
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Aftermarket Clutches

Can yall make some recommendations on high quality aftermarket clutches for a 2003 3.0L 2wd ranger?

Old 05-28-2010, 08:18 PM
g_k50
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ford makes some good clutches that are sure to fit. Your local dealer can hook you up.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:35 PM
redman84
Postmaster
Originally Posted by g_k50
Ford makes some good clutches that are sure to fit. Your local dealer can hook you up.
Is there a way to get them where you don't have to pay with unlubed rape or is the stealership the only place?

Old 05-28-2010, 08:47 PM
g_k50
Cargo Master
It may be a some money but it's worth it. It's is a Ford after all.

You want cheap from a Dealer? Take a look at what Ford makes them do to keep their Dealership.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:37 PM
wtroger
Cargo Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Get a LUK clutch kit. Mine is still a factory clutch and it is a LUK. I saw that when I had to replace the slave cylinder about 60,000 miles ago.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:02 PM
redman84
Postmaster
Originally Posted by wtroger
Get a LUK clutch kit. Mine is still a factory clutch and it is a LUK. I saw that when I had to replace the slave cylinder about 60,000 miles ago.
Yeah I have a LUK on my 250 and I like it. It's for a buddy who doesn't have internet access so I really don't have too much interest in the price but I'm not too big on going to the dealership. I understand they may have to pay dues to Ford but WE are the ones that keep Ford #1 with OUR money. We all have dues to pay including the companies that offer high end performance at truely affordable prices so the stealership will remain in that namesake for me regardless of the poor little guys having to report to Ford.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:03 PM
g_k50
Cargo Master
Ford's gonna be around the same price as some aftermarket provider.

I'd go with the Original Equipment Manufacturer.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:37 AM
powersmoked
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redman84
Yeah I have a LUK on my 250 and I like it. It's for a buddy who doesn't have internet access so I really don't have too much interest in the price but I'm not too big on going to the dealership. I understand they may have to pay dues to Ford but WE are the ones that keep Ford #1 with OUR money. We all have dues to pay including the companies that offer high end performance at truely affordable prices so the stealership will remain in that namesake for me regardless of the poor little guys having to report to Ford.
+1 on LUK. The only time I go to a Dealership is to use the bathroom. In my state they are trying to pass the "right to repair bill" most states are working on something similar make sure you call your state senators and reps and tell them to support the right to repair bill. pretty soon if the auto manufacturers have there way you will need the code from the dealership to change your wipers......

Old 05-29-2010, 05:44 AM
powersmoked
Fleet Mechanic
I just remebered I had to go to ford last year for a Motorcraft t-stat and gasket. They got me for $32 rockauto has the same thing online for $13. whats is that somthing like a 200% mark up. .......

Old 05-29-2010, 05:55 AM
g_k50
Cargo Master
I drive a german luxury car every day. I visit a Mercedes Benz fan site every time I have a question about maintainence. The attitude over there is that OEM is best for certain things. Water pumps, alternators, starters, filters, should all be replaced with OEM products, the products with the MB Star. They have that attitude for a reason.
This website, How to Pay Good Money to Lower the Value of Your Car, explains pretty well the idea of keeping your vehicle all orginal. And I agree with that point of view.

If you don't support Ford, Ford won't be around when you need it. MB has a policy of keeping old stock available for their vintage cars, yeah the parts are pricey like custom made one of a kind objects are, but in the long run the value increases.

Old 05-29-2010, 06:22 AM
powersmoked
Fleet Mechanic
I drive a german luxury car every day. I visit a Mercedes Benz fan site every time I have a question about maintainence. The attitude over there is that OEM is best for certain things. Water pumps, alternators, starters, filters, should all be replaced with OEM products, the products with the MB Star. They have that attitude for a reason.
This website, How to Pay Good Money to Lower the Value of Your Car, explains pretty well the idea of keeping your vehicle all orginal. And I agree with that point of view.

If you don't support Ford, Ford won't be around when you need it. MB has a policy of keeping old stock available for their vintage cars, yeah the parts are pricey like custom made one of a kind objects are, but in the long run the value increases.
I believe the LUK clutch i recommended is OEM. I am a true capitalist if Ford cant run a fair competent business without holding a gun to there customers head then they should go out of Business.

Old 05-29-2010, 06:28 AM
powersmoked
Fleet Mechanic

1) If you don't support Ford, Ford won't be around when you need it. 2)MB has a policy of keeping old stock available for their vintage cars, yeah the parts are pricey like custom made one of a kind objects are, but in the long run the value increases.
on your 1st comment I equate this to OJ Simpson complaining that his children don't have a Mother and on your second comment. I agree for most part oem parts are best but they are not always neccessary. it deppends on the application. and some of these trucks on here are not even worth $2k. The ownerrs are just trying to keep them running without going broke.........

Old 05-29-2010, 06:51 AM
g_k50
Cargo Master
I see your OJ comment and give notice that the Jury in Las Vegas sent him to jail on purpose, (Mormon Jury). And I think his kids are doing alright.

If you're running a vehicle your not making money, you're spending money. Driving a vehicle whether it's a Ford or a MB is going to cost. And it's not gonna get any cheaper.

My point is that an all orginal vehicle is worth more at the end than one that's been repaired with cheap aftermarket products, and don't even get me started on all the swaps being done around here.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:18 AM
powersmoked
Fleet Mechanic
I see your OJ comment and give notice that the Jury in Las Vegas sent him to jail on purpose, (Mormon Jury). And I think his kids are doing alright.. The Trial in Vegas was a travesty of justice. You don't ever want the Gov using their awesome power to correct something that they screwed up. I doubt very much his Kids are doing well. there Mother was Butchered by their Father and then they watched one of the biggest debacle in the history of the USA

If you're running a vehicle your not making money, you're spending money. Driving a vehicle whether it's a Ford or a MB is going to cost. And it's not gonna get any cheaper. I understand cars cost money. I don't even need my economics degree to figure that out. I don't think it necessarily needs to keep costing more. taking inflation into consideration i bet cars are cheaper to run per mile than they were 20, 30 , 40 years ago

My point is that an all orginal vehicle is worth more at the end than one that's been repaired with cheap aftermarket products, and don't even get me started on all the swaps being done around here. That article you linked here is about collector cars. THIS IS A FORD TRUCK WEBSITE. As far as I am concerned once someone pays THEIR money to buy their TRUCK They can do what they want with it.....