Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

Who's up for some Cruisin?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 02:13 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who's up for some Cruisin?

Anybody want to take a drive one Saturday evening and grab a burger?

Old 05-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Will P
Senior User
If I had my old 70 going right now I'd be game but I'm still trying to find parts. You don't have a pair of exhaust manifolds you don't need anymore do ya?!?

Old 05-05-2010, 09:20 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tojoski
Anybody want to take a drive one Saturday evening and grab a burger?
Not this weekend...supposed to be at a graduation in Fayetteville. But, I'm game for a Saturday evening cruise. Hopefully it would be a weekend when the clan is down here and I'm not up at the Fort. Let me talk to the boss and see what I can work out.
Originally Posted by Will P
If I had my old 70 going right now I'd be game but I'm still trying to find parts. You don't have a pair of exhaust manifolds you don't need anymore do ya?!?
What engine is it? I might know where you could come up with a pair (they wouldn't be mine, but I'm sure come kind of a deal could be worked out). Heck, I'm such a nice guy that I'm sure I could work out a delivery plan that would help as well.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
I hope you weren't needing manifolds for a 302. My scrap guy took the extra pair I had left over from the engine swap just last weekend. I can check and see if he's still got 'em if you want.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Will P
Senior User
Actually I need them for a 460. It came out of a 75 F-350. I'm also looking for various FE parts.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:45 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Hey Joe, where do you want to grab that burger? Somewhere around LR or ???? For those on this list that have never tried "The Purple Cow"...that's an interesting experience in it's self.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:15 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Last time, we took a drive up to Bald ****, and ate at the Bulldog Restaurant.

I'm open for suggestions, but I'd rather steer clear of Little Rock, it doesn't make for much of a fun drive.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:36 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
And here I thought I was the only one up this hour of the night...just got in from work.
Last time, we took a drive up to Bald ****, and ate at the Bulldog Restaurant.

I'm open for suggestions, but I'd rather steer clear of Little Rock, it doesn't make for much of a fun drive.
Are you kidding? It's great when some jacka$$ in a Honda Element or Pirus decides he's going to "push" you down the road because I'm not driving 20 mph over the speed limit. Morons have no clue what kind of jerk drives a Dark Blue Pavement Princess from Ft. Smith.

I've never eaten at the Bulldog in Bald ****...but have at the one in Greenwood. Pretty sure they're not the same folks. Like I said, let me talk to the boss and see what her crystal ball holds for the coming weekends.

Editor's note...I'm not saying my wife is some kind of flake, just that she keeps this little crystal ball thing in her purse and is able to plan things weeks in advance with it.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:40 PM
jimkidd
Elder User
georgetown one stop.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:59 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
What do you guys think? Georgetown, AR One Stop catfish

Bulldog has Ice cream and shakes too though,.. In any case, I'm thinkin Saturday, May 22nd

Old 05-14-2010, 10:03 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
What do you guys think? Georgetown, AR One Stop catfish

Bulldog has Ice cream and shakes too though,.. In any case, I'm thinkin Saturday, May 22nd
So this is place is in Central Arkansas? When I type in Georgetown into my iPhone it brings up a hole in the wall town between Huntsville & St. Paul.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:24 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
So this is place is in Central Arkansas? When I type in Georgetown into my iPhone it brings up a hole in the wall town between Huntsville & St. Paul.
Looks to me to be southeast of Searcy, on the White River. If it was a little closer, I'd have to think about trying some of that fish. No comparison to catfish from clear, running water.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:23 PM
jimkidd
Elder User
Originally Posted by zhilton
Start in Searcy. Follow highway 36 through Kensett and West Point. Keep going all the way to the end of 36. Literally. Georgetown is the end of the world. (or highway)

Old 05-19-2010, 02:51 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
We'll do the catfish some other time.

The Bulldog has a good selection of Ice Cream, Burgers, Shakes, Ect. so everyone should be able to find something they like. And they're reasonable on their prices..

Beebe is a good central location for most of us.. We can meet up in the Fred's parking lot between 5:30 - 6:00pm and take a drive up the old highway to Bald ****.. Sound good to you guys?

Old 05-19-2010, 07:52 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Beebe is a good central location for most of us.. We can meet up in the Fred's parking lot between 5:30 - 6:00pm and take a drive up the old highway to Bald ****.. Sound good to you guys?
I wouldn't mind finding someplace new, but I did enjoy the bulldog last time we went...... So I'm in

Quick Reply: Who's up for some Cruisin?