Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Need a 48-50 grille...

Old 05-27-2010, 08:52 AM
bobj49f2
Post Fiend
bobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Julies Cool F1 View Post
And BTW contrary to popular belief, the California Coast is raising, not falling.

The experts know this..( GORE, GO home!)
Yeah, it's raising, just to make a higher plunge into the ocean to make a bigger splash!!

Old 05-27-2010, 05:31 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
Bad news, Vern. Looking at these pics, you can see the edges are pretty much gone in spots.

Attached Images    
Old 05-27-2010, 11:59 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all
Oh, oh. I see something that Denny would want.

I have two grilles. They're solid, but the bars are beat up a bit. I'll confirm tomorrow.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:49 AM
roljr
Junior User
roljr is starting off with a positive reputation.
my 2 cents worth, If somecne needs a part they should send a picture of there old one and we would know if we are pointing them to a better part or not
Bob

Old 05-28-2010, 05:53 AM
49willard
Postmaster
49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.
Vern,
Willard had a good solid original grill but 2 bent bars. I had found one NOS bar for a 48 a while back (had the holes to mount SS) and I bought a parts grill to get the second bar. I wanted the SS grill trim and the NOS bar gave me hole pattern. When I see pix like Havi's, I do realize how fortunate I am. It is not difficult to weld in replacement bars . It is more work to carefully cut free the bar from the donor grill.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:39 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Post Fiend
GreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by havi View Post
Bad news, Vern. Looking at these pics, you can see the edges are pretty much gone in spots.
Mine has similar damage. That's why I need another one...
Thanks for checking. Anybody else? I don't think I can weld in grille bars. All I have is a stick welder...

Old 05-28-2010, 09:48 AM
49willard
Postmaster
49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by GreatNorthWoods View Post
Mine has similar damage. That's why I need another one...
Thanks for checking. Anybody else? I don't think I can weld in grille bars. All I have is a stick welder...
Vern, I agree stick welder is not going to work. How have you made it this far without gas, mig or tig? The bars can be drilled and bolted in as an option. They will be blind to view

Old 05-28-2010, 04:38 PM
GreatNorthWoods
Post Fiend
GreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to beholdGreatNorthWoods is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 49willard View Post
Vern, I agree stick welder is not going to work. How have you made it this far without gas, mig or tig? The bars can be drilled and bolted in as an option. They will be blind to view
You can bolt them in? I had no idea that could be done. I have good grille bars. It's the part where the fenders and inner fenders bolt on that's bad.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:52 PM
52 Merc
Post Fiend
52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of
You can bolt them in? I had no idea that could be done. I have good grille bars. It's the part where the fenders and inner fenders bolt on that's bad.
Sure. If you look at the way the assembly is put together, the bars are spot welded to the side pieces, where the headlights are, so if you drill out the spot welds to take it apart, you can use bolts in the spot weld holes to put it back toghther.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:18 PM
49willard
Postmaster
Vern, Wayne has it correct. The biggest issue will be getting them carefully removed and then alligning/spacing them carefully before you drill. You can drill out bad bars but you will want to not drill through the good bars to allow proper alignment since you will drill from the back side of the grill.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:32 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan View Post
Oh, oh. I see something that Denny would want.
Shoosh, now, lol.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:56 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Post Fiend
Bump! Still lookin'! Somebody out there must have a good monkey face grille they want to part with!

Old 06-02-2010, 10:16 AM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all
Vern, this is what I have left in my "inventory".

This one is solid, but has a few slightly dented bars. This one is better of the two that I have.

I also have this one. Similar story as the other. It's solid and has a few dented bars.

Just to tease you, I had this absolutely perfect grille, but I sold it some time ago.

By the way, I also have a cage for that monkey face. I suggest you get it to hide the shame of owning and driving a monkey face.

PM me if any of this interests you.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:02 AM
bobj49f2
Post Fiend
bobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant future
By the way, I also have a cage for that monkey face. I suggest you get it to hide the shame of owning and driving a monkey face.

Here's a very helpful accessory I found to hide the Manure Spreader grill:

Old 06-03-2010, 08:22 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Post Fiend
Vern, this is what I have left in my "inventory".

This one is solid, but has a few slightly dented bars. This one is better of the two that I have.

PM sent.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need a 48-50 grille...

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.