Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
classic rock all the time

Old 05-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Hondo Sackett
New User
Originally Posted by johnboggs21
Finally someone else that likes bluegrass and old country lol. Im 17 and most ppl think its weird that i like that kind of music. Hell ive got a Flatt and Scruggs cassette tape in the player in the truck right now lol
I'm 25 an' most folk think i'm odd for likin' what I do was well. I have a radio in the shop w/cassette player an' cd player, a 1962 rock~ola juke box full of old country an' bluegrass 45's, aan' I have an
Ipod touch my folks gave me for my birthday last year full of bluegrass mix, Johnny Cash, and Hank Williams Sr.

An', no I'm not an Apple fan either, but it was a gift an' it's handy enough.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Econoline 150
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Festus Hagen
NO RAP ALLOWED ON MY PROPERTY! ...
Comeon you guys the proper spelling is "Crap"

I like country and outlaw country when I wrench.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Coalroller
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 75Three90
i prefer erick church, toby kieth, jason aldean and the guy that sings wilder than any 8 second ride
rupejosh already answered ya on who sings 8 second ride but yes i love those artists country 99.9% of the time because it helps to keep the tools and parts outta the air and holes in the walls

Old 05-26-2010, 06:06 PM
tbone91
Elder User
Like everyone else, no rap...

The new stuff these days all sounds like a 16 year old trying to sing country while sitting on the toilet.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:26 PM
93_F250
Senior User
Before my hair went grey, It was colored bands -
Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Shocking Blue, Blue Oyster Cult, Pink Floyd (before DSM) ETC..

Now my iPhone is loaded with Jazz -

Bob Baldwin, Bob James, Boney James (get well soon!), Brian Simpson, Diana Krall, Euge Groove (get your Groove), Fourplay, John Coltrane, Larry Carlton (Guitar Hero), Lee Ritenour (AKA Captain Fingers), Rippingtons, Shiltz, Spyro Gyra, Wes Montgomery (Old School Guitar God)......

Old 05-26-2010, 07:31 PM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 87crewdually
or how he had to shoot his dog and moms in prison.
Actually the mom WAS in prison, but she got released, and as he was driving his truck to pick her up at the station she got ran over by a train

Old 05-26-2010, 09:10 PM
Coalroller
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by LCAM-01XA
Actually the mom WAS in prison, but she got released, and as he was driving his truck to pick her up at the station she got ran over by a train
lol ran over by a danged ole train... that is

Old 05-26-2010, 09:17 PM
87crewdually
Lead Driver
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by LCAM-01XA
Glad you picked up on that. Childhood memories of my dad pickin the banjo to that song. I can recite the whole song. Alright you caught me some country is good. How bout that loud mouth in the corner's getting to me.......

Old 05-27-2010, 01:53 AM
Festus Hagen
Methanoholic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 87crewdually
Childhood memories of my dad pickin the banjo.
Yea, My dad played the 5 string, I loved to listen to him pick away at that thing, he also played 4, but I much prefer the 5, he also played the sax.

But that was a long time ago.

Forgot some, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, Merle Haggard, Hank Williams, Hank Williams Jr., Booker T. Jones, Priscilla Jones, Rita Coolidge, Flying Burrito Brothers, Crosby Stills Nash & Young. And the list goes on and on...

I also forgot to mention that when at home, I usually have the cable music channel on the Blues channel.

-Enjoy
fh : )_~

Old 05-28-2010, 11:48 PM
starmilt
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Man some of you guys listen to stuff I never heard of, and festus you lose 2 points for forgetting merle. lol I always thought everything that could be called music came from nashville or lately branson. lol

Old 05-29-2010, 06:52 AM
rupejosh
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by starmilt
Man some of you guys listen to stuff I never heard of, and festus you lose 2 points for forgetting merle. lol I always thought everything that could be called music came from nashville or lately branson. lol
want me to infract him?lol

Old 05-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Festus Hagen
Methanoholic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by starmilt
Gotta have two points to lose them ... I really don't listen to that stuff much, I stick to the blues and old school rock!

I have so many titles that I really don't know what I have, Until recently I have never been able to get them in one place, my server now has a 3 terabyte volume mirrored so I am finally getting them in one place and organizing them.

-Enjoy
fh : )_~

Old 08-12-2014, 10:02 AM
Chevy_Eater
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
I've been suffering music burn out for some years now, don't listen to much anymore. Mainly the short drive to and from work and at stores/restaurants and that's pretty much it.

Which begs a question, just what in the hell is going on with women country singers today? If they sound like a screeching cat that just had its tail slammed in a door that's talent????

Old 08-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Red454sedgwick
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Chevy_Eater
I've been suffering music burn out for some years now, don't listen to much anymore. Mainly the short drive to and from work and at stores/restaurants and that's pretty much it.

Which begs a question, just what in the hell is going on with women country singers today? If they sound like a screeching cat that just had its tail slammed in a door that's talent????
You got to look up the red dirt guys, like Jason Boland, Casey donahew, JB and the moonshine band, Randy rogers, Ely young band. Hoss Howard. They at least still have the country sound I like. I used to have a station that played those guys, but it was turned in to a chick station.

Or If your fixing something for the third time, prairie home companion, wait wait don't tell me, Rodney Carrington or Stephen lynch. If you don't know them the last two may upset sensitive people. The first two are family friendly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YALL LIKE WHILE WRENCHING