6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Anyone who OWNS a 6.7, Problems??

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 09:51 PM
vrsc
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, sounds like your getting bent over on this situation. I'd be livid and I guarantee that I'd be driving around in a 2011 loaner!

Old 06-16-2010, 01:15 AM
idaspud
New User
Zman, what do you mean

Zman, what do you mean by the failure of no 9 injectors makes the others do WHAT?

Hi, guys, got my new one ton last friday and drove from Boise to Portland and back. Had a hell of a head wind on the way over and thru the Gorge but got about 16.3 at the speed limit of 65, (+ a little). Drove south for 70 miles and got 21.3 again at 65, no wind and flat ground. On the way back to Boise, had a tail wind and got 18.2 for that 450 miles, up and down mountains quite a bit though. The computer is reading a little high, it says I used, 18.2 gallons and I put in 18.6, one time. So that makes the numbers a little higher than real. My rear end is 3.55 and 20 inch tires. Runs right at 1440 rpm at 60 mph. Hard to keep your foot out of it.

My old rig was a 06 six liter and there is no comparison, more power, more mileage, more comfort and all sorts of goodies. Hope to get better miles/gal when it breaks in. Heard of the consistant 22,s and 23,s.

What oil to use? And what can we do to get Ford to give us the numbers that the computer is generating on oil life instead of a "okay" and then all at once a "CHANGE THE OIL" I could be a thousand miles from the closest dealer. They did not think that one thru.

And Oh, yes, it missed on me a couple of times. While lugging it acted like it had a fouled plug, (if it had them), and made a noise too. Has anyone had this show up?

Spud

Old 06-16-2010, 06:38 AM
origcharger
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Zmann
the6.7 uses a ninth injector in the exhaust tract ,,
unless it sees a failure in the #9 injector then it reverts to the same extra fuel in the engine as the 6.4
Thats BS, there is no "ninth injector" on the 6.7

Old 06-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Front Runner
Elder User
Originally Posted by Zmann
extra oil = it's that stupid dpf regeneration ,, the6.7 uses a ninth injector in the exhaust tract ,,
unless it sees a failure in the #9 injector then it reverts to the same extra fuel in the engine as the 6.4
The 6.7 regenerates just like the 6.4 by putting fuel in the cylinder on the exhaust stroke.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:59 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by origcharger
Thats BS, there is no "ninth injector" on the 6.7
there is in fact an injector in the exhaust......
it is not tied in to the fuel system and it does not inject fuel either.

the exhaust injector is the SRC injector and that it is what injects the def fluid in to the pipe to reduce Nox

Old 06-16-2010, 06:59 PM
excaliber551
Elder User
Originally Posted by radzer0
6.7L.. just hit 3k miles.. they told me they need it for about a week to track down the problem because its not going to be a simple fix. and ford wont give me a rental untill they know whats wrong and order parts..
I'm all to familiar with Ford's deny everything policy. You'd think they would actually step up to help their customers but I see nothing's change after all these years.

I'm going to wait until they shake the bugs out of these new 6.7's.

I hope they get you taken care of quickly.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Sand_Man
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please don't take this as alarmist rhetoric, but a freind of mine is the Service Writer at Fortuna Motors, the local Ford dealer. I stopped in to BS with him a couple days ago and he had a brand new '11 Super Duty with the cab off on the lift. He said it was a head gasket failure and there were more waiting. He said the diesel tech was booked up for the next 10 days with similar problems with the new 6.7's. I've never read of anything online, and wondered if anyone's heard anything at all like this.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:12 PM
radzer0
Elder User
I havent heard anything of that problem.

As for the ford denys everything post that i just noticed. The division that actualy denied it isnt actualy ford. Its a subcontractor for ford doing some busy work.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:34 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

I still only know of one failing. Ive not seen anything tomajor pop up on fords message boards for us techs either.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Sand_Man
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's why I was so shocked to see the one I saw in the shop, because everything I've read paints a pretty good picture of Ford's new engine. But to hear my buddy talk it's quite the opposite. Maybe he's just in panic mode, I'll talk to him in a few days and see if he unwinds a bit. One thing that may have had him up in arms was the fact that their diesel tech gave his notice that day. Seems he's opening his own shop and only working Ford diesels. My freind says the tech is sick of making money hand-over-fist for the owner by wrenching on off-warantee Fords, so he wants his fair share. Can't say I blame him.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:43 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

I have often had the thought. If things keep going the way they are I may try to find one more guy to go in with myself.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:13 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My nephew is available. You know how hard he works

Old 06-30-2010, 06:46 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
subscribing, I have not heard of any real issue's either. Other that the transport issues.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:32 AM
roadkingfl
Elder User

Originally Posted by senix
subscribing, I have not heard of any real issue's either. Other that the transport issues.

Haven't heard or experienced any issues yet.....hopefully I won't for a long time.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:40 PM
homepukes
Senior User
One thing I have always hated about buying American vehicles is they won't give you a loaner. I buy German cars and American trucks. The MB or BMW dealerships always give you a loaner for warranty work. Several years ago I started having the truck salesman put in the sales contract that I would get a loaner for any warranty work after we came to a price agreement. I would tell the salesman that I would not buy the truck if this was not in the contract. Not once have they tried to take it out. For you guys that depend on these trucks for a living you could even stipulate that it be a certain kind of loaner.

On an aside note I was in my hometown the other day and test drove a 6.7 KR. I really liked it except the dash was the same color as the seats. Low end power was much better than the 6.4. I noticed on the windshield that it said lifetime warranty. My sales guy said this particular dealership was putting this on all 6.7 trucks. I was impressed.

Quick Reply: Anyone who OWNS a 6.7, Problems??