6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Anyone who OWNS a 6.7, Problems??

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 09:41 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by IB Adrian
You sound like a good candidate to find a 2010 6.4 with a stick and get 10 gorilla's off the purchase price
Might be a tall order to fulfill right there. Short run to begin with, and 1% are sticks.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Broketaxpayer
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hanging tight for now

I think this guy should hang on to the rig he has right now and see what issues pop up with the 6.7 enchalada motor. He has a beautiful setup - almost as nice as mine ). There will likely be "tweaks" that are done (at a minimum) to this, since it is completely new on the menu... might need some extra jalapenos or something maybe?

Old 05-25-2010, 11:59 PM
asphaltman
Senior User
I have had a Powerstroke from 97 through 2011. I still have the 1997, as well as a 2007 work F350 dump. The 2011 is my favorite so far, hands down. Its not just the amazing power, or mileage, or quietness, glass cockpit, or other things, but its a whole new animal. In 2008 Ford started introducing awesome comfort items in the Superdutys, such as NAV systems, dual heat/ac, rapid heat, etc.... Well in 2011 they have raised the bar again with even more cool stuff, these trucks are dang fun....I even dare say amazing. I have had (5) 6.0L trucks, and never had any major problems like some guys...I love the turbo whine on the 6 liters, but Im telling you the 2011 is going to be tough to top...Just go drive a Lariat one, you'll see..

Now on the Mexi engines... Who TF cares.....seriously... I'm sure there are many import parts on all years of trucks. I remember many years ago trucks actually being made in Mexico, and the union guys were all pissed...something about the welds were not as good... Well again WTF and Who TF cares... The truck is a Ford product, and as far as I am concerned I am buying American. I'm sure the hardworking guys at KTP that make the magic happen would agree.... I doubt any of them would steer you away just because of the engine... Where is the gasser made?? Go get a gasser then...Dont let the engine make you miss out on these trucks...either that or stick with your old truck then...

Meanwhile I will continue to enjoy the best truck I have ever had.. There is a reason the order bank is so full now over previous model years.. Its because its an Amazing Truck !! Well done Ford and KTP!!

Old 05-26-2010, 12:25 AM
Jakebrake
< Samantha...my Co-Pilot

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I would advise you to keep your current truck(nice truck) and wait until these new trucks have a little history under their belt...then evaluate the situation . I don't think you will be having any big problems with your 6.0...the latter years(05-07) seem to be reliable. Just my .02 worth.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:57 AM
idaspud
New User
trade in

I am in the same position, I have been offered 31k trade in for my 06 6 liter and with a 1500 factory rebate off the sticker. The trade in is 4k over average trade in for my rig. My truck is in excellent shape and runs fine but the new one was really great to drive. Just can't justify the 29k difference (inc taxes). What to do? The throttle spool up time is NOT any faster than on my old rig, so makes me wonder if the economy reported is real too. Any one got some fuel mileage experience while towing???

Spud

Old 05-26-2010, 06:10 AM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Keep it...You've got a proven truck that's many times less complicated than the new model. If you're worried about repairs, you can still buy an extended warranty.

I just traded in my 2007 GMC with the Duramax for my Ford. I loved the D/A engine/tranny combo. It had simple emissions, reliable engine and solid pulling power. Unfortunately, the rest of the truck sucked and drove me nuts. If the 6.0 had a better reputation back in late '06 when I bought the GMC, I would have bought a Ford.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:12 PM
mikebob
Junior User
my only problem is I gotta make a payment next week!!!

Old 05-26-2010, 04:25 PM
MobeyDick
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by srkr
I'm honestly looking for someone to talk me out of it. In the back of my mind, it's the horror stories of the 6.0. My warranty runs out at 75,000 miles. I'm getting ready for a 3,000 mile run to Key West pulling my Airstream and just worried. I know it will make it, it's just that when I get back warranty will be gone. I don't know why I'm woried My 2001 7.3 had 198,000 miles on her when I traded her in.....It's the 6.0 horror stories, I think.

Thanks for the above posts, guys...beleive it or not, It helps.

Shane,...A/K/A ...NUTS.....LOL
I think the ULSD solved most of the 6.0s problems. AS LONG AS THERE NOT CHIPPED/PROGRAMMED FOR PERFORMANCE. Both my 6.0s are stock and have had very little problems out of them.

I too would love to have a 11, you should have only 2 years left paying on yours. They are giving you NOTHING for your 07, that means you will finance the entire 11 for 5/6/7 years. If yours was paid for I would say do it. You are in the eyes of the Ford dealer a sucker and almost upside down on your current truck.

There!

Old 05-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Fordfanatic4life
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by onug
Keep it...You've got a proven truck that's many times less complicated than the new model. If you're worried about repairs, you can still buy an extended warranty.

I just traded in my 2007 GMC with the Duramax for my Ford. I loved the D/A engine/tranny combo. It had simple emissions, reliable engine and solid pulling power. Unfortunately, the rest of the truck sucked and drove me nuts. If the 6.0 had a better reputation back in late '06 when I bought the GMC, I would have bought a Ford.
welcome to the site..

looks like you got yourself a nice upgrade there..

Old 05-27-2010, 06:43 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Bottom line: Forget about being out of warranty, forget about what "could" happen. You can't control any of that, stop investing your thoughts on things you can't control.

Look at the facts! You have a GREAT truck right now. Dealer should offer you more $$$ for your trade. The 2011 truck will be a super fine ride, big improvement all the way around over your '07. You and your passengers (don't forget them) will be happier in a new truck.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Vijay
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by srkr
I'm honestly looking for someone to talk me out of it.
This might help... I saw this here on FTE two days back.
YouTube - daveramsey's Channel

Old 05-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Big Ruth
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nothing we can say will take away the new car fever. It's strong and hard to fight.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:52 PM
srkr
Cargo Master
Received 440 Likes on 192 Posts
Guys, Thank-you for the support. I went and had my truck washed yesterday. Full detail, and now she's sitting in garage. I got bit by the bug and you guys actually helped. I LOVE my 6.0. It's awesome. I traded my 7.3 with 198,000 miles on her for this one and I'm gonna keep her awhile.

Thanks again,
Shane

Old 05-27-2010, 10:13 PM
idaspud
New User
Mobey, what do you mean?

Hi Mobey, what do you mean by " not chipping or programming the 6.0"???

Has this made any difference? I have not been following what has happend if you chip a 6.0 and I have thought about doing it but is there a problem? Thanks,

Old 05-27-2010, 10:39 PM
gwcon
Posting Guru
Good Video Vijay.

I think you should keep your truck.

I have two 6.0's with 145,000 miles between them. They have been great trucks and only small insignificant problems.

Quick Reply: Anyone who OWNS a 6.7, Problems??