1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help on 78 f-150 please

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 08:26 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
need help on 78 f-150 please

i already posted in the 78 section a few weeks ago but no one will give me aby answers. i installed a body lift well its actually not a body lift i have, my uncle brought me home one inch thick aluminum pucks from work they are the same size and shape as a hockey puck. my question is now my front bumper wont fit because of the one inch increase from stock, its hitting the grill and front of the fenders. how can i fix this without destroying my good front bumper. if i have to ill take the spacers out but i like the little bit of lift i got from it plus i just spent all the money on new longer bolts and i don't have the stock ones any more. second what should i torque the cab bolts too? i installed poly cab bushings when i did the spacers and it says to torque to stock but i cant find the stock torque numbers. because right now my polys look like they are being squashed.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:27 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
ok im taking out the aluminum spacers, im not cutting up my good bumper just for a little 3/4 inch lift. but i do need to know the stock torque numbers for the cab bolts still.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:40 AM
Elvis40
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First thing is to make sure you are using Grade 8 bolts. I've never used factory specs but i've always make sure to check them periodically. If those spacers squish your bolts may become loose. If it starts to bounce you may stretch or break those bolts. Keep them tight and i wouldnt worry about it.