Notices
2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Ford X-Plan (how to apply to vehicle options)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 10:00 AM
jacknbella
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford X-Plan (how to apply to vehicle options)

I will be able to purchase a new Ford F150 via the X-Plan but I'm trying to determine whether or not vehicle options are calculated separately. It appears the X-Plan price is simply the cost I would expect to pay just below invoice off the MSRP for the standard features (for which we all know, the invoice price is not the true dealer cost price). Therefore, how are vehicle options priced when purchasing with the X-Plan? Thanks in advance!

Old 05-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
find the truck you want.

log into the X-plan website and run that vehicle VIN #. it will give you the X-plan price.

that is the price. period. it accounts for all options installed on the truck by Ford at the Factory.

now if the Dealership added some crap after delivery, that will be a different #. And is a negotiating point for you. But per the terms of the X-plan, they must provide you a sheet of paper with the X-plan price listed once you provide a valid PIN #.

X-plan price is the actual invoice cost + about $200. it also limits the document fee. I used it to grab my Mustang and the process rocks. But be aware the Dealership doesn't have to honor the X-plan. It is their decision. Most will just because it means they move that vehicle.

make sure you get your rebates as well. you are entitled to them. don't let the Dealership say otherwise so they can make money off you

Old 05-14-2010, 12:30 PM
sbrider
Junior User
I bought my 2010 F-150 thru the x plan. Ordered the truck with the options that I wanted. When the truck was delivered, at signing, all the option costs were shown. Full price and x plan price. Most of the options were about 50% of original cost. Or so Ford says.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:57 PM
jacknbella
Senior User
I just went to the X-plan website and plugged in my code (it acknowledged me as elgible too) but no where could I enter a VIN # to see the X-plan price of a specific vehicle. It simply gave me a reference to the MSRP of all the standard features but not for optional features. No what?

Old 05-14-2010, 10:41 PM
jaym69
Senior User
Can someone using a friends and family x-plan code login somewhere to see what the x-plan price is on a vin#? I have used a friends and family x-plan code in the past and had a good idea of what the x-pan price would be before asking the dealer but not 100%.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:27 AM
svt2205
Posting Guru
Just use edmunds or kbb to see the invoice price of the vehicle with options that you want. (their database may not be accurate). Typically X plan pricing is about 150 to 200 less then the invoice price. I'm not sure if Tylus's comment about invoice plus 200 might be an error or if Ford has slightly changed their program. Either way, this is the ball park you'll be in when using X plan.

Always see if the dealer will beat X plan pricing. X plan does limit doc fees to 75 bucks. Ford factors in an additional 275 into the X plan pricing for doc fee's.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Greg B
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Doc fees are a sore suject with me. I feel it's just plain greed by the dealers to maximize profit on the back of the consumer. The dealer must provide the necessary documents to title and register any motor vehicle at the time of sale. Therefore, they must have a title clerk or equivalant job classification on the payroll and available to provide the documents for this purpose. It's just the cost of doing business. It's like paying the utility bill. The same can be said for these alleged "Shop Fees" that service departments charge. That also is an overhead cost associated with being in business. The term stealership is well deserved and earned by the dealerships of the nation. They are akin to lawyers and politicians in that they engage in legalized theft every day. Just my opinion, but I have walked away from several sales due to doc fees.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by svt2205
Typically X plan pricing is about 150 to 200 less then the invoice price. I'm not sure if Tylus's comment about invoice plus 200 might be an error or if Ford has slightly changed their program.
there is invoice pricing...and then there is INVOICE pricing. if that makes sense
when I bought my car, the Edmunds.com invoice pricing was about $600 higher than the no-**** Ford invoice on the X-plan paperwork.

the internet places are best guestimate of the Invoice price. a really accurate price, but still nothing more than an educated guess

The X-plan is the actual cost of the vehicle for the Dealership + the fee I talked about.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:17 AM
jaoneill
New User
I used the X plan this year to buy my new 2010 F150. The rules require the dealer to show you the X-Plan price for a particular vehicle. The price is broken down for the vehicle and each option. The friends and family program is not that easy. My brother bought a new F 150, and I could not get a pin for him. I contacted Ford and they said that he has to live at the same address that I do. The GM program allows you to give two PIN's per year to anyone regardless of where they live.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:59 PM
doocrue
Junior User
I have a question on logging into the X plan website. I have a PIN # that I got today from my cousin who works at FoMoCo. I would like to see what the vehicle I am interested in would be with the X plan price before I go to the dealer and order it. Just wanting to keep him honest. Can someone fill me in on this. Thanks.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:59 AM
beidle99
Senior User
When I used the friends and family x plan for my 2010. THe dealer printed out the "invoice" for me, that showed msrp, invoice, z-plan, x-plan, d-plan. ect. It showed all base prices and options installed on the truck.
my advice would be to go in and talk to the dealer, find a truck similar on the lot to what you want or have them search for the one you want. They should be able to pull the information up for you to see.
For me the X-plan was a little higher then the invoice price but having the doc fees caped at $75 made it cheaper then invoice pricing. My dealer pretty much goes right to invoice pricing right away. Made my entire purchase much easier to deal with, until I wrote the check for my down payment, 19K is a lot to write on a check! Good luck.