6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Question on the new F-250 Super Duty 6.7

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Bsherry
Cross-Country
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question on the new F-250 Super Duty 6.7

I currently have a 2008 F-250 with the 6.4 and want to trade it in on a 2011 Super Duty with the 6.7.><O></O>
<O></O>
My problem is I am headed to Holland at the end of this year and Ford says you can't import an F-250 into Holland with the 6.7 motor because it does not meet their emission standards?<O></O>
<O></O>
I thought this was the cleanest diesel on the planet (for big trucks)?<O></O>
<O></O>
Any help from Ford management would be nice.<O></O>
<O></O>
I'm ready to plop down my money (actually the bank's money) but I don't want to buy a truck I can't take! <O></O>
<O></O>
What's the deal guys???<O></O>
<O></O>
Bruce<O></O>
<O></O>

Old 05-12-2010, 05:40 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm not sure anyone here is qualified to answer questions on Holland import laws. I'd start with a query to the proper authorities. Here's some contact info from their customs page:

You can contact the Dutch Front Desk at +1 877 DUTCHHELP (+1 877 388 2443) or Customs Information Line ( 31) (0)800 01 43 (toll-free).

Old 05-12-2010, 06:48 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Bruce - I think there might just be a misunderstanding with the wording.
It should meet the Euro standards, but it probably isn't certified.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Bsherry
Cross-Country
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm hoping that Ford will contact the customs folks in Holland and find out if this restriction applies to the "new, super clean 6.7L diesel engine"? I had the folks at the American Embassy in The Hague contact customs and they were told the same thing; "a F-250 diesel would not be permitted in Holland".

I need to take my race toys (30 foot trailer with a car and lots of tools and spare parts) with me and I don't want to buy the "gas" engine; I have a 2008 6.4L and buying a non-diesel seems like a step backwards to me

Hopefully somebody at Ford will see this and do some checking for me? Ford has a BIG presence in Europe so this shouldn't be such a big deal

Bruce

Old 05-12-2010, 07:37 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Bsherry
I'm hoping that Ford will contact the customs folks in Holland and find out if this restriction applies to the "new, super clean 6.7L diesel engine"? I had the folks at the American Embassy in The Hague contact customs and they were told the same thing; "a F-250 diesel would not be permitted in Holland".

I need to take my race toys (30 foot trailer with a car and lots of tools and spare parts) with me and I don't want to buy the "gas" engine; I have a 2008 6.4L and buying a non-diesel seems like a step backwards to me

Hopefully somebody at Ford will see this and do some checking for me? Ford has a BIG presence in Europe so this shouldn't be such a big deal

Bruce
you are probably dealing with a timing thing.. it might be POSSIBLE to have it certified.. but its not done YET.. so importing is not possible NOW..

it costs a lot of time, energy and money to do these certifications.. and I don't know what the return on investment requirement would be for Ford to do that
(sell a million trucks over 4 yrs.. I'm just blabbing),, and a dealer network, and..

Sam

Old 05-12-2010, 07:45 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Bsherry

Bruce
Bruce, either you, or a certified importer would need to certify the vehicle.

Ford do not certify vehicles for markets that they do not sell in.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:14 PM
adbscu
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IB Adrian
Bruce, either you, or a certified importer would need to certify the vehicle.

Ford do not certify vehicles for markets that they do not sell in.

i would also make sure that the trailer is legal....