Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Met A 6.0 Neighbor: Headstuds Issues

Old 05-07-2010, 08:01 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.
Met A 6.0 Neighbor: Headstuds Issues

After being out here in the country for 4 years now and seeing all Powerstrokes, Cummins, Duramax's cruising around besides the hello wave out the window to the powerstroke owners and whoever, my wife dropped our son off last week at one of his friends house and his friends father has a 04 6.0. My wife talked to them and after they said they paid a hefty amount to get it fixed he was satisfied with the work they did. She proceeded to tell them about FTE and if he needed any help to give me a shout or hop on the 6.0 section to learn and chat with down to earth people that take pride in their work horses.. Anyways, I stopped over their today to drop my son off and what a great fella my son's friends father is, we have alot in common and we talked about the problems he had and his truck is a nice one and he loves it. I think he has the Hypermax or BullyDog tuner, can't remember because we were talking about everything but no pun intended, Banks seems to rule out here thats why I mentioned FTE again.. He mentioned he had the heads decked I believe but not sure but he mentioned something about the heads but he said he was going thru coolant. He said he needed headstuds and new upgraded gaskets and my wife mentioned when she met them something about an EGR delete. All in all, had a nice time meeting him and trying to spread the wealth of info about FTE not the mention the great people I met over the years, its good stuff..

Old 05-07-2010, 08:07 PM
pauljackmax610
Freshman User
pauljackmax610 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Need some here

Mike that's awsome I wish I could find some people around here like that!! Now since I don't see my kids much anymore I need to find some cool people to hang with and talk diesel!! Where are they in delco pa??

Old 05-07-2010, 08:12 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
F350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputation
They have some 6.0 spreadsheets they can send you if you ask them. Personally I think it's like some really poor attempt at duplicating the link section of Alan's old site or the new RoadsideHelpNetwork, but it does contain several links to threads relevant to the 6.0.

Still, internet stuff is a foreign idea to many folks. You may have to get together over a few cold ones one day and show him a couple of threads so you get his attention. Then you can help him with his PMS without spending any of your own money.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:34 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by pauljackmax610 View Post
Mike that's awsome I wish I could find some people around here like that!! Now since I don't see my kids much anymore I need to find some cool people to hang with and talk diesel!! Where are they in delco pa??
Post up in the local Pa. chapter Peeg and look for a GTG, and reply back that you'll attend or you can host your own like I did last year and have a GTG that way, either way you get aquainted with the Powerstroke community

Originally Posted by F350-6 View Post
They have some 6.0 spreadsheets they can send you if you ask them. Personally I think it's like some really poor attempt at duplicating the link section of Alan's old site or the new RoadsideHelpNetwork, but it does contain several links to threads relevant to the 6.0.

Still, internet stuff is a foreign idea to many folks. You may have to get together over a few cold ones one day and show him a couple of threads so you get his attention. Then you can help him with his PMS without spending any of your own money.
Your right Chris, he said he went on FTE for a couple minutes, not enough time IMO to digest the wealth of info but he said he finally has some time off so maybe he'll sit down and check things out. Summers here so its time for shade tree casual beer drinking so I'll give him a shout the next time I'm free, I had to leave to get things in order here but I told him we'll talk again. Funny, we were talking about PMS, he agreed but never heard the terminology

Old 05-07-2010, 08:45 PM
megawatt00
Post Fiend
megawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by F350-6 View Post

What do you exppect from a bunch of 6 leaker owners

Yup the internet is full of freaks weirdos and people that you cannot depend on at all.
Originally Posted by big poppa View Post
Post up in the local Pa. chapter Peeg and look for a GTG, and reply back that you'll attend or you can host your own like I did last year and have a GTG that way, either way you get aquainted with the Powerstroke community

Your right Chris, he said he went on FTE for a couple minutes, not enough time IMO to digest the wealth of info but he said he finally has some time off so maybe he'll sit down and check things out. Summers here so its time for shade tree casual beer drinking so I'll give him a shout the next time I'm free, I had to leave to get things in order here but I told him we'll talk again. Funny, we were talking about PMS, he agreed but never heard the terminology
That is because it was coined here Mike.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:57 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by megawatt00 View Post
That is because it was coined here Mike.
, yes it was...