Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sun Coast Warranty Claims

Old 05-07-2010, 08:05 AM
nhill2090
Posting Guru
nhill2090 has a very good reputation on FTE.nhill2090 has a very good reputation on FTE.nhill2090 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Sun Coast Warranty Claims

Well after my trans failure last June, and a BTS in September, I just now got around to shipping the Sun Coast triple disc converter back that I believe failed after only a year of usage.

It had been sitting in my garage since I pulled the trans last june and I kept procrastinating on sending it back. UPS will be picking it up today

So my question, has anyone dealt with Sun Coast on customer return and warranty claims. I know I always hear satisfied customers, but I can't really say I have heard someone who has written about a warranty return process.

I'm kind of curious what they do. I think Ron from SC said they cut them open and find out what wrong with them. Do they fully rebuild them or what?

I sure hope so, as Im fixing to sell it when it gets back...

Old 05-07-2010, 02:03 PM
strokersace
Posting Guru
strokersace has a very good reputation on FTE.strokersace has a very good reputation on FTE.strokersace has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by nhill2090 View Post
Well after my trans failure last June, and a BTS in September, I just now got around to shipping the Sun Coast triple disc converter back that I believe failed after only a year of usage.

It had been sitting in my garage since I pulled the trans last june and I kept procrastinating on sending it back. UPS will be picking it up today

So my question, has anyone dealt with Sun Coast on customer return and warranty claims. I know I always hear satisfied customers, but I can't really say I have heard someone who has written about a warranty return process.

I'm kind of curious what they do. I think Ron from SC said they cut them open and find out what wrong with them. Do they fully rebuild them or what?

I sure hope so, as Im fixing to sell it when it gets back...
Good luck with it. I know nothing about their warranty stuff. If it was for a 2wd, I'd buy it from you. Oh well, I'll just save up for a BTS.

Here's a bump!

Old 05-07-2010, 02:15 PM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
CSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to behold
I have not had any issues with mine. I dont like the stall speed of the TC, but the $200 bucks or more to ship it back and the down time has kept me trucking on it.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:06 PM
amthatiam
Senior User
amthatiam is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I had one of their triple disc converters fail on me, they covered it for me.

Dan