Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Emission Testing in Cherokee County

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 12:21 AM
RedRum'05
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emission Testing in Cherokee County

I'll be moving up North soon to Acworth, and i might have a problem with the testing they have up there so i was hoping someone here could clairify it up for me.

At the moment I have a '85 Bronco with the I6 4.9l engine, I know it comes under the 25 year exemption but i found a '89 Bronco which looks in awesome shape compared to my old rust bucket. Only thing is, is that it has no engine but the guy is selling it for $800 bucks. So my idea is to swap engines out with it and run a carbed 4.9 in the truck. I would rebuild what i have before installing it to help with emissions, and maybe put another catalytic converter on it just as a safety percaution.

I saw that there is a Hotrod exemption if you change engines out, would that work for me? I'd hate to go to all the trouble of doing the swap only to find that I won't be able to drive up there.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
First off, I can't help you out in Cherokee County as I live in Bartow County and we have no emissions testing. With that being said, I would like to extend you a welcome to Acworth. I have been living here and enjoying it for several years. Let me know if you need anything, I'll see if I can help.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:45 AM
RedRum'05
Freshman User
Thanks Grubbworm, I was up there just a month ago to check areas that had some college's that I would go to after i moved. Started over near Stone Mountian and didn't like the area as much as i thought I would. Ended up in Acworth driving through 75 North and taking 41 down to Kennesaw. I didn't get much of the town that I would have liked to see, but I felt it would be a nice place to live.

I'm moving from Florida to get back to the Georgia life I left years ago, and having a lake and places to hunt close by are top priorities for me. I used to live in the Blue Ridge area and wanted a place that I wouldn't have to drive far to get to the mountains if I wanted a weekend get-a-way.

I had found a house that i really liked in Cherokee county, but i may have to pass it by and look in Bartow to get by those testing laws.

I noticed on Google map that the lake gets drained, does it stay like that durring the winter months? The lake up in Hiawassee had that every year, made for a fun time finding fishin poles and lures when i was a kid

Old 06-16-2010, 12:09 PM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My wife and I live on lake Allatoona, right behind Holiday Marina. We have been in the same place for 20+ years and really like it. We back up to Corps of Engineer (lake) property, and are 2 minutes from I-75 (Glade road exit) and 2 minutes from downtown Acworth. They actually lower the lake level here in the fall for cleanup and in anticipation of the spring rains, which can actually flood some areas from time to time. I should also say that it does not flood every year.
We also enjoy camping and trout fishing in the north Georgia mountain area, Bear Creek (Ellijay) and Coopers Creek (Morganton/Blueridge area) are just two of our favorite spots.
Oh yeah, and taxes are cheaper here in Bartow too.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:09 PM
RedRum'05
Freshman User
Yup, Coopers Creek was where i spent 4 of my days up there....made it hard to leave after spending time fishin those waters. Must have caught 50 or more trout between me and my buddy.

I like cheaper tax's , and thanks for the tip on flooding hazards, I'll have to keep an eye out for properties that sit low. I'm hoping to get a place with a basement when i get up there so i can have a true trophy room.