Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

some new work

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 05:15 PM
BigB
Cross-Country

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tuning problem

Hello Ford Truck community. I/we are stuck and hoping someone out there has the answer. I have been chronicling the build and then rebuild of my 2007 black Fx4 here on and off for years. This string has most of the highlights. The Truck started out as a dealer-install Roush stage 3 and quickly became a Mike Troyer special - with all the bolt on parts. 2 years ago, the engine let go and shortly after we rebuilt, the blower let go (likely not a coincidence). Through all the rebuilding, I have continued to run with Mike's 91 tune. The truck runs remarkably well for a tune on a completely remanufactured motor with a lower compression and a different intake / blower setup. I haven't seen an engine code since Stiegemeier rebuilt the intake and blower.
BUT....
Mike is off the map and his shop was a very long drive from Toronto. I work with a very reputable shop here in Toronto that does work on my 2011 mustang. They cannot get the truck to make any boost. Everything looks like it's working, but no GO. They keep talking about not being able to get the boost into the tables.
If you have read my posts, you know I am committed but not an expert at all. I spent a lot of time in Mike Troyer's shop when the first big bolt on build was done and I remember him talking about some "tricks" to get the blower setup working on an 07 but I can't recall any of the details. The shop I am working with has spent hours on the phone with SCT and Dyno Bob was also kind enough to take a call. Other than manually holding the waste gate, no one has any ideas.
Does any of this ring a bell with anyone? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:43 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by rsylvstr
Nice.
Why use an intake that sucks hot air in from the engine bay?
Once over 15 to 20 MPH, the underhood heat becomes a non-factor and the air intake temp is within a couple degrees of ambient, so it really only affects slow city driving, lots of idle time, or being stuck in rush hour traffic.

Generally speaking, it's a non-factor.

Originally Posted by BigB
...since Stiegemeier rebuilt the intake and blower.
One of the biggest waste of money I ever spent was having Steggy port my blower. It actually reduced my ET's at the end of the track. I know they have good results with the Cobra's, but back in the day, it was a waste of money to port a Gen 2 L blower.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
No idea's, but referring again to that time defined as "back in the day" SVT Performance, Lightning Rodder, and NLOC were the main Lightning tech forums. Check them out and see if they can get you squared away.

Stewart