6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

And the survey says..........

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:12 PM
asphaltman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I love these trucks !! Totally worth the wait !! Way to go FORD and KTP!!!!

Old 05-06-2010, 09:33 PM
nobrandx
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
beeeeutiful!!! Congrats on your new truck

Old 05-06-2010, 10:08 PM
asphaltman
Senior User
Originally Posted by boertje
asphaltman, I am disappointed by your lack of enthusiasm....so, what kind of MPGs are you getting?

Already got 350 miles... (started with 89)

Getting 14-15 avg with city driving.. Would have been 10-11 with the same type of driving in the '08

Old 05-06-2010, 11:15 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
NICE! Any mods planned?

Old 05-07-2010, 09:56 PM
asphaltman
Senior User
I usually just do a level kit with wheels and 35x12.50 tires..... But I dont want the lift to mess with the pitch and roll guages...LOL No...actually sounds like thats not an issue from what I have heard...

Reality though, this thing is so dang nice and so full of power, Im afraid to do anything...at least this week...

Actually I do want to tint it... is that a mod??? LOL but I cant find anyone here who will do it... You dont know anyone do ya??

Old 05-08-2010, 07:10 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
I'm planning on getting a 2" leveler for the front springs but I forgot about the pitch and roll gauges. Will the computer think I am always climbing a slight grade when I am really on level ground? Anyone have experience with this?

Old 05-08-2010, 09:06 AM
asphaltman
Senior User
I thought the same thing... The thing is so sensitive it will register when you make a turn on level ground. I think Rutcutter told me it didnt mess with his.

You dont have any tint connections do you ??

Old 05-08-2010, 09:58 AM
solaratomic
Senior User
I finally saw one, actually 3, in the flesh yesterday. Sat in a KR. Wow they're nice, heads and shoulders above my 06. The front end is so much bigger than the 10s. Dealer had both sitting side by side, I suspect your going to be able to get a 10 for nothing in a couple of months, probably 15-20K off at least. Glad the dealer was closed and I couldn't drive one b/c I really can't afford to trade my 6.0 right now. But they were nice enough to leave the KR unlocked for me, inadvertantly.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:30 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by asphaltman
I thought the same thing... The thing is so sensitive it will register when you make a turn on level ground. I think Rutcutter told me it didnt mess with his.

You dont have any tint connections do you ??
Sorry, no connections on tinting. I do know the Davis County Sheriff is ticketing vehicles for illegal tints right now. Mostly targeting high-schoolers and NOS burner types though. You can probably put what you want on a Super Duty and the law will leave you be. Be careful where you go get the safety inspection though. If you fail at one location, it becomes an active record that is checked by the next station. Prevents people going from one place to another to pass a safety inspection.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:19 PM
asphaltman
Senior User
Yeah UHP is always watching too.. Although with my previous experience, as long as you dont have limo its harder to get stopped. I had 5% Limo tint on my '97, but that was highschool...LOL I think that is too dark now... I just want to do 35% or 20% to match the back... Utah's lame tint laws prevent either...

Id like a shade like Rutcutters, that truck is smok'n

Old 05-11-2010, 08:29 PM
asphaltman
Senior User
Just an update to my original review last week.... I had said that I didn't think the '11 was as quiet as others were saying... Well I take that back...After driving a week and being next to an '08, this thing is dang quiet... I'm loving it. Lots of power, great mileage, awesome electronics... Only problem, I cant stop driving it... everytime I look at the odometer, its up another hundred miles...650 for a week.... Anyways Best Ford truck ever! IMHO Should we bet its the truck of the year next year.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:06 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by asphaltman
Just an update to my original review last week.... I had said that I didn't think the '11 was as quiet as others were saying... Well I take that back...After driving a week and being next to an '08, this thing is dang quiet... I'm loving it. Lots of power, great mileage, awesome electronics... Only problem, I cant stop driving it... everytime I look at the odometer, its up another hundred miles...650 for a week.... Anyways Best Ford truck ever! IMHO Should we bet its the truck of the year next year.
These are the most fun miles you get in a new truck! Everyone thinks you're cool and good looking. Better enjoy it while you can...

Old 05-12-2010, 12:08 AM
asphaltman
Senior User
Thats the other hilarious part, all the rubber-neckers...LOL I saw a guy about get in a wreck with his '08...I was stopped at a light, he was heading on the cross street turning left when he caught a glimpse of my truck...he must have forgot he was turning in front of an oncoming car but I could see him grabbing his wife to show her my '11... It totally cracked me up... I would felt bad if he would have been T-boned though...

Old 05-22-2010, 12:30 PM
asphaltman
Senior User
A few updates for ya... Update on MPG.... I now have 1,700 miles and getting even better MPG.. 15-17 with city driving, compared to 10-11 in the '08.. and thats not conservative driving either. On the freeway its very easy to get 25+ and that can be at 65-70mph too.

The first re-gen I noticed was at 1,600 miles.. No noticeable power loss like with the '08 while cleaning the DPF.. The computer also did not seem to change the MPG...it maintained 16.5 while regenerating.

The transmission seems super smooth, just like the '08. It will automatically downshift regardless if you have it in Tow-haul mode..that is nice.. It feels like 1st is a lower gear than the '08

The glass cockpit is amazing.. I love the primary center display. Has some good screens but some useless ones too, but nonetheless it impresses the heck out of people that have never seen it. Everyone seems to get a kick out of the start up Built Ford Tough intro. The NAV is also much improved over my job #1 '08. The SIRIUS Travel link is also very nice...I'm just afraid to see the cost after the trial. The weather radar is great. Back up camera in the NAV is very nice, and great for hooking up trailers. The sound system is also nice sounding. Cant say I notice a difference from the '08 Audiophile ones..maybe its the same.. I have quickly learned I cant live without Sync...Way to go Ford... Hands free calling is very nice.

The center console is awesome... if you can afford to lose the 6th seat, get it.. So nice to actually have some storage room.

I have not used the rear under seat storage bins yet, but I think I will miss the fold flat option.. It was nice in the '08 to fold the seats up and have a large space to load things.

I have not only got used to the new front end, but now love it... Only problem I can see rock chips in all that chrome being a problem over time.

I have yet to lift it, mostly because the ride is sooooo smooth. Seats are very comfortable, and a noticeable difference from previous models.

This truck amazes me everyday. I will also say in all my Ford diesels, I have never felt the power I feel in this one...both top and low end. The powerplant packs a quiet punch, almost sounds like a gasser.

I say Ford hit this one out of the park...

Not sure what they can do to make them better now...They are amazing!

Old 05-22-2010, 02:27 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Great report. It is so cool to hear such positive early owner experiences. Is there anything that is a problem or disappointment?

I remember when the '08s started hitting the streets there were constant complaints about mileage. People loved those trucks but it felt like some of the shine was lost on account of the constant trips to the gas station. I'm simply not reading anything yet that could be considered as negative. Keep the info coming. I'm two weeks away from getting mine.

Quick Reply: And the survey says..........