General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

my life story, so far. WARNING- long but therapeutic

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 12:26 PM
hotroddually
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my life story, so far. WARNING- long but therapeutic

As many people, my life has had ups, and downs. I grew up in a small town the west coast of British Columbia,Canada. Dad fixed trucks,cars,and bikes on the side, to sell for extra money. I still remember watching him ,and "helping" him.My dad left the family on my 8th birthday. I will never forget that day. He was doing his own thing,we were not important to him at that time of his life. He told me in the driveway, "Billy, I have to go out of town for work, I will be back to see you soon." Somehow as he pulled out of the driveway, I knew He wasn't coming back. Dad was the textbook example of a "bad" biker. Lets just leave it at that. He spent most of his life in and out of the prison system. My heart was broke the day my Dad left.
I grew up with a lot of hard core trauma around me. i witnessed the attempted murder of my mom at 9, Then at 20,my grandma was murdered.I survived all the terrible stuff.
I got married at 18 years old. My wife and I had 2 kids, a beautiful Daughter, and a Great son. Things were going good for us. I worked,she raised the kids. Then at 27 years old, my wife left me. She took the kids.They were 3 and 5 when she left.I fought in Court for 7 years to see my kids. It was the hardest thing I had ever had to go through. We all ( daughter,son ,my ex-wife,me) got through it.
I have always been around fast cars,big tough trucks,and bikes. I grew up believing in God.I have always had one constant true love(as well as my faith in God). That was custom Trucks, Bikes, and Cars. Through everything i experienced good or bad ,God, trucks,bikes and cars have helped me stay positive.
When i was 32,i met the love of my life, Heather. We got married when i was 35,in Disneyland. That was Heather's dream. The kids came along. My 11 year old son was my best man. My 13 year old daughter was Heather's maid of honor. It was very cool!
The kids are all grown up now.They both have kids of their own. Yes we are proud grandparents of 3 grandsons,and 1 granddaughter.
As i look at my life now,at 46 I'm blessed. Dad straightened out his life,he is clean and sober 20 plus years.He is no longer living as a "bad" biker. We are actually buddies now. We get together and ride when we both can. Dad is now 72 and still rides every chance he gets. He still fixes and sells trucks and cars.
I have the trucks,cars and bikes of my desires now. I have struggled to get where i am in life,like many others have. Heather lets me have my toys, and projects. I have life long friends, that are like family to me. The type of friends that are there for you at a moments notice,no questions asked.
I have learned, it is nice to have the toys we surround ourselves with, but the real true measure of a persons wealth is the family and friends we have in our lives. this is what has made me rich. they are who have got me through the highs and lows in life. I thank God for never leaving me,and sending angels in the form of friends and family to get me through life.
Never give up on God,people, or yourself. Life is good.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:56 PM
stu37d
Government Teat-sucker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not sure what prompted you to post this, but, in the words of AA, "thank you for sharing."

Your words immediately reminded me of this song:
YouTube - Van Zant-Things I Miss The Most

Our friends and family is what means the most. I actually envy you a little bit. A lot of us spend most of our lives trying to figure out what we're supposed to be doing. You were forced to figure it out a lot faster than most and you seem to have landed on your feet.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Icefan71
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like you've seen alot and learned alot.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:09 PM
pintoches
Postmaster
Thank you for your Testimony! God Bless.

WOW that video hit home! Thank you too!

Last edited by pintoches; 05-01-2010 at 10:19 PM. Reason: more thanks
Old 05-02-2010, 09:21 AM
hotroddually
Posting Guru
stu37d, that song is totally right! thanks for posting it. Life is a journey for all of us,I try to stop every once in a while and take in the scenery around me. sometimes while driving around in the country in my old truck or riding my bike,i get a real satisfied feeling inside. I know now its not only from the toys im driving in, or riding on, its from being in the country with others,(friends or family),and thinking about life in general. I hope by sharing my story, others that are down will find a reason to keep on trying. Songs really touch people, I can think of so many songs that have touched my heart. Like Trace Adkins song,"I'm Tryin' "

Old 05-02-2010, 05:21 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,657 Likes on 1,127 Posts
what a great testimony, I read something like this and wonder how you survive. I know it is but the grace of God!