Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

Newbie from Berea

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 08:55 AM
4sabre
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie from Berea

Hey all. I just got my first Ford vehicle a couple of months ago, a 1991 F250 4X4 longbed with the 5.8L 5 speed manual and 189,000 miles. Been surfing Ford sites for a while and settled on this one due to the abundance of information. Basically, my truck is bone stock with a few quirks / issues that I am slowly working through. I have added a gull wing aluminum tool box (prior to being able to actually lock the drivers doors) and a home made center console / drink holder. I am in the process of modifying a set of Ford hoop steps from a 97 crew cab. I need to make a few more brackets and then find someone to do the TIG welding. Should look good on the truck. Some history on me: I work as a customer service rep for a forklift manufacturer. I have been riding / working on motorcycles since 2005 when I got my 05 Honda Sabre. I have worked on street rods since the mid 90s and have owned 2 - 39 Chevy 2 door sedan and a 37 Studebaker 4 door sedan. Working on these (street rods and motorcycles) has taught me that the only limitation to creativity is your own imagination.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:37 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Well welcome to FTE, and welcome to the Ky Chapter! This is a fun site to hang around in, sometimes I spend too much time here! There are some others that I'm sure will drop by later on.
As for me, I live in Camp Springs, Ky but my mailing address is Melbourne, Ky. Since most people have know Idea where either of those towns are, I then try Alexandria, Ky. If that doesn't work, I tell them I live about 15 miles south/southeast of Cincinnati, Oh.

Married with 2 kids, 6 (son) and 3(daughter). Home with her right now. She is sick with some sort of stomach flu, but is getting better since I got some medication in her.

As for a living, I replace spindles on trucks and trailers. Axle Surgeons is the name of the business. Anything from a 3/4 ton pickup to off road equipment. 50 ton Euclid is the biggest so far. I'm all over this state, as well as Indiana, and parts of Virginia and West Virginia. Go to Tennessee sometimes too for work.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:33 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome aboard! John got it right with how great this site is. I live just north of dry ridge ky. I work in cincinnati for the verdin company. We do work on bells and build bell towers and clock towers as well. Matter of fact I think we did the bell work at the college in berea a while back. I am a welder fabricator and build all the bell ringing/mounting hardware we use. Oh ya and I love to work on my truck, like to keep it kinda unique lol.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:57 PM
4sabre
Freshman User
I know what you mean about making things unique. I have a hard time not adding Harley parts to my Honda. It is fun trying to figure out how to make things that aren't supposed to work together, work. I can't guarantee that I won't put any chevy parts on the Ford. About 10 years ago, I aquired one of those under hood lights off of a mid 90s chevy. The one on my truck doesn't work. I am thinking about adding it, just haven't decided on where to put it yet. I got no problems with electrical work. Heck, I completely rewired a 48 Ford coupe for a friend and added a few circuits to the harness.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:00 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi there Sabre! My wife spent a year or two going to school there a few years back in Berea.

Spend my time being a full time dad to an almost 10 month old and going to NKU full time.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:49 AM
4sabre
Freshman User
They have been doing quite a bit of work to some of the buildings and refinishing some of the roads. A lot of things to attract folks to the college and the shops. A few years ago, they built an artisan center out at the interstate. It is a tourist stop, a restaurant (food is good), and some of the crafts from the college shops and old town Berea are on display / for sale.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:26 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Since my family origanated from McKee my girl friend, my mom and dad and I are going down there this memorial day weekend. I figure we will swing through Berea on th way. my girlfriend and mom want to check the town out lol.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:28 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Somewhere in Estill County, I believe it's Fitchburg, there is the remains of an old iron furnace. My Dad has been wanting to go down there and check it out. That place I don't believe is too far from McKee. I've only been in that part of Ky a couple times.