Speedo Spindle

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 11:08 PM
LIF150
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedo Spindle

Hey Everyone,
So maybe this is a newbie question but here it goes. I was wondering, since i have put 35's on my truck I was told i need to change the spindle in my speedo. Now in order to go about this, I do what? or what do i need to purchase? Its on a 79 F150.

Thanks,
Dave

Old 05-18-2010, 11:20 PM
CalebJns
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission Type? Follow your speedometer cable from the firewall back. I have a C6 and it runs into the side of the transmission behind the Shift Linkage. It is held in place via a small bolt and metal piece (sorry been a really long day, and its hard to think clearly) Anyways, remove the bolt, then pull the speedometer cable out easily, there will be your spindle...guessing it may possibly be a tanish/dirty clear looking "gear". Then do a search on this forum for more specific information. short synopsis...count the "teeth" to determine the spindle you have, then make the determination as to the correct one you need. It's helpful to know how your speedometer is reading (fast, slow, etc.) Hope that was somewhat helpful...I am in need of the same thing, but haven't had time to deal with mine...good luck.