General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.
View Poll Results: Have you ever had a post cancelled?
Yep, I'm dirty too!!!!
35.29%
Nope, not me I'm a moderators best friend
38.24%
No Way, I know to honor the FTE Guidelines
26.47%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

They cancelled it again, LOL I'm a Bad Boy...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 06:52 PM
truckfreak69
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many people have had their post cancelled because they were a little too graphic?

Old 01-28-2003, 07:24 PM
FXSTC
Senior User

I had one cancelled once and I got a little bent out of shape and complained to Milion. There was another post a few threads earlier that was A LOT more graphic than mine that was not cancelled or deleted.

Anyway- someone complained about mine and it was removed. That is the way it goes!!! I don't think I would complain again...but I do have to say- the joke I posted (that was removed) was FUNNY!!!

If you find A LOT of your posts getting deleted then you need to re-think your attitude on FTE.....

JK

Old 01-28-2003, 08:06 PM
Buckarcher
Posting Guru

Hey, just wanted to let you know these guys do have a sense of humor. I Private Messaged one to one of the Admin guys one time to see if I could post it or not. After he got done laughing he said it was a little too iffy to post. Bottom line just cuz he said I shouldn't post it didn't mean he didn't think it was funny.

Old 01-28-2003, 08:18 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

We have a great sense of Humor/humour here at F.T.E.

To See why One or more of your threads would get Edited or
Deleted <>

Click Here

And read the 3rd section from the top

Old 01-29-2003, 04:47 AM
1997RangerXLT
Posting Guru

On another board everyone knows I always buy white cars. They were talking about their reds fading and getting a dull light film over the paint and I was censored for saying 'they wanted to be whites'

Another time I refereed to a car all decked out in 'type R' stickers, a exhaust tip the size of a waste paper basket as 'Rice'

In both cases a bleeding heart liberal was offended for the Blacks and Asians and complained. Today, Rice is a common word, the Philippine Miata club brags about their riceyness, and white is still a great color in the heat of the deep south. White just lost it's number one standing to silver cars and trucks.

Am I LMAO at all the PC nonsense where people can not exchange honest feelings and beliefs, you bet. I call it the anti-Archie Bunker years. By being allowed to express himself, we all saw petty racism for what it was. A nation afraid of words... Hmmmm.

Here is a cite that others are laughing about, some boards have blocked it out. Do not go there if you are offended easily.
http://goatse.ca/cnn/musclecar.htm
Do not go there if you are offended easily. Did I mention that I have the 2.3 L engine iin my truck and my car has an even smaller 4 banger?

Last edited by 1997RangerXLT; 01-29-2003 at 05:05 AM.
Old 01-29-2003, 08:51 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

It's hard to believe that there is a world where you can say whatever the blankety blank blank blank you want in public and if the guy/girl/thing next to you doesn't like it, they either respectfully ask you to discontinue, bitch you out, or just simply get up and leave but, you open your fingers on a computer and let those same words flow from your fingers and it is edited. If I was to say it, it's too late, it's said.

I understand the family orientation of this site and I respect the request to keep it that way. It's like a family dinner, put the kids at another table so the adults can speak frankly. So why not put an icon representing a slightly graphic joke, or something that might be edited out under normal circumstances as a warning to the ones that might be offended and children not to enter and leave it open to those of us who enjoy freedom of speech?

I personally have slipped with my language once in a post but for the most part, try my best too keep everything G-rated out of respect for others possible wishes but different side of the same coin, I think those of us who enjoy a good joke about "how did the guy in the bar make the donkey cry" (yes it's a lame old joke but it's just an example) should be allowed to share too. Maybe, if you can't or don't want to add an icon that would tell others stay out, then maybe make another forum specifically for those things and inform everyone what the guides are for that one. Like under "general conversation" it says "no truck tech discussion" or whatever underneath it.

Just a thought to keep both sides happy. I imagine everyone will deal with it their own way but there will probably always be someone with an opinion on the matter. I'm probably one of those...

Old 01-30-2003, 03:23 AM
250hiboy
New User

i first saw the cnn musclecar study page on another board.check the url the page is a hoax

Old 01-30-2003, 05:55 AM
Jermafenser
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What do I care about getting my posts edited? It's stupid.

Old 01-30-2003, 09:44 AM
truckfreak69
Posting Guru

I kinda like the idea of the seperate board for "frank" discussion. Perhaps it has to be doubly pass-word protected? lol.

Old 01-30-2003, 10:33 AM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts

Ya know - there is a solution to this dilema. Ya'all could get together and start your own website and keep it open to every wacko out there to participate in.

Old 01-30-2003, 10:38 AM
alanscott
Posting Guru

Originally posted by carlene
Ya know - there is a solution to this dilema. Ya'all could get together and start your own website and keep it open to every wacko out there to participate in.

Been there, tried that, etc. That's why I am here

Old 01-30-2003, 12:13 PM
truckfreak69
Posting Guru

We don't want wacko's, we just thought it'd be interesting to see people's "colorful" side.

Old 01-30-2003, 06:15 PM
wabiker
Posting Guru

Ive been censored once...the funny part to me was that the words I used are the same that you hear on any given sitcom on public television (not cable)...

Old 01-31-2003, 02:41 AM
DailyDriver
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by truckfreak69
We don't want wacko's, we just thought it'd be interesting to see people's "colorful" side.
I'm reminded of a line from a movie, "build it and they will come".
Another term comes to mind. - Unintended consequences.

When people have a nice neighborhood it us usually because of the people that live there and usually they like to keep it that way. Which means they don't want some adult book store opening up just down the street. It brings down the neighborhood.

Wabiker in the above post states that what he posted and got censored for was no worse that what you might hear on public t.v. Given the language that is now deemed aceptable and the bad behavior we see on todays sitcoms, I for one am glad to see that this site rises above the gutter that television has fallen into. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by DailyDriver; 01-31-2003 at 02:47 AM.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:37 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

I am not a wacko. I appreciate frank discussion for what it is, straight to the point without mincing words. I hate having to dig out a dictionary to figure out what some 15 syllable word for ########## really means. If you're going to have the ... guts ... to say it, say it where everyone can understand it. Be honest instead of trying to hide in language. I know I'm fat so don't tell me I am horizontally challenged. Deal with the language becuz it doesn't matter which word it is, if it hurts your feelings, it's going to hurt no matter what words are used. Words are nothing more than words...why put so much stock into them? The same applies to good words and bad words. You can't put too much into them if you don't want to get hurt but dealing with hurt is part of life and living...sorry...at 22 I've learned that lesson repeatedly.

I'm not at all advocating telling people off and I'm not saying to be rude and inconsiderate. I for one, deal with rude, inconsiderates all day long every day at work and don't want to come home to it but there are limits to everything. You cannot take everything offensive out of language or else you would have no language left. What people as individuals can do is quit being so uptight about every ... bloomin'... thing that comes along.

{heavy sarcasm} "Here comes a Chevy luv'r everyone quit talkin' about FORD it might offend his (or her) sensitivities."

Grow the ... heck ... up! Pretty soon no one will say a ... darn ... thing to anyone for fear of offending them! What will society be like then? More mimes? (guess I need to be careful with that crack too.. there may be an easily offended mime out there...)

I am intentionally being like this. I usually would not type even the darns and bloomin's out of respect for the other people on this site. I have been taught respect. I was also taught to take a good joke for what it is ... a joke, and anything I don't agree with, I try to learn more about it or I take it with a grain of salt and go on with my life. Now can someone please remind me why we're arguing over this again? Isn't there something else we could be doing? Like washing our great Fords???

Quick Reply: They cancelled it again, LOL I'm a Bad Boy...