N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Servicing a 6.0 Diesel in the San Jose Area

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 06:01 PM
adbscu
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Servicing a 6.0 Diesel in the San Jose Area

Does anybody have any good experiences with shops in the San Jose area (Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Mt View, Campbell, Cupertino, Milpitas as well)

Thanks

Old 04-13-2010, 06:24 PM
nevrenufhp
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I thought the place to go was Left Caost Diesel in Livermore.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 98 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by adbscu
Does anybody have any good experiences with shops in the San Jose area (Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Mt View, Campbell, Cupertino, Milpitas as well)

Thanks
I have had good experiences at Mission Valley Ford on Brokaw at 880. I've also been pissed as hell when I specifically told them not to pop open a valve cover to do an injector break-out test... and they did... and they tweaked a custom fuel line that is not present on a stock truck and diesel leaked down the back of the block inches away from the turbo/downpipe.

So take my rec. with a grain of salt!

One silver lining. I made a sweet break out box so I don't have to endure that again. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...with-pics.html

*****Why is it when you buy or make a tool to do a job, somehow that job never seems to come up? I haven't had to use the box since I made it, and the truck has 250,000+ on it... Same thing with the tow loop welded on the front x-member on the old Falcon. Used to break down all the time.. put a tow hook on her to make it easier getting home.. hasn't stranded me in 15 years..*****

Old 04-22-2010, 08:37 AM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fat Diesel

*****Why is it when you buy or make a tool to do a job, somehow that job never seems to come up? I haven't had to use the box since I made it, and the truck has 250,000+ on it... Same thing with the tow loop welded on the front x-member on the old Falcon. Used to break down all the time.. put a tow hook on her to make it easier getting home.. hasn't stranded me in 15 years..*****
That's the upsiide to Murphy's Law.

Cut that tow hook off and you'd better bring a good pair of walking boots!