1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

The amount of disrespect on other forums

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 03:15 PM
stylin86f150
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The amount of disrespect on other forums

Hey everyone so I have this friend who has a 2008 Tacoma and he has some stuff done to it. He kinda has a custom bug like I do. He is on a forum called tacomaworld.com. Him and I made a mesh grille out of his stock one. He has a billet grille too but we wanted to see what we could do with this stock one. So it takes us awhile but we do it and we both thinks it looks pretty darn good. To get to the point the people on his forum keeps bashing him so so bad its unreal. They are saying stuff like they would put it on thier lawn mower and saying it looks like sh** and stuff just because its not the traditonal mesh style that all of them do. I always do the best possible on things because I like perfection. Now personally I dont really care. But I made this thread to thank everyone for being so respectfull to eachother and bringing people up instead of down. Thank you.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Festus Hagen
Methanoholic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
And they are not worth the sweat off your ***** dude!

Probably bought everything they have...

My moma taught me if you don't have something good to say don't say nothing at all except in case of safety.

-Enjoy
fh : )_~

Old 04-11-2010, 04:59 PM
jeramy
Senior User
i see no problem with constructive criticism but alot of people take it to far. not to mention the pack mentality that is usually rampant on internet forums.

basically if you put it out there on the internet be prepared to receive static for it, but if you and him both like the look to hell with them and go with it

Old 04-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I agree with Jeramy,I'm sure there's alot of people that don't like the fact that I put 9th gen wheels on my truck,or the fact that I swapped the grille and maker lights,but I'm happy with it so who cares.I always keep my mouth shut when I see a mod on a vehicle I don't like,because I just think to myself that it's not my vehicle and whoever owns it has to live with it.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Evan99
Senior User
Any pics of the grille I'm curious now? But I bet it looks great!

Old 04-11-2010, 06:07 PM
85e150
Super Moderator
Received 1,591 Likes on 1,296 Posts
Being a member there, I just had to look. Stylin86f150, I hate to say this but your buddy is, well, let's just say he should have left it stock.

I say his grill fits the "dirt sifter" comment quite well:

Just made a satoshi - Page 3 - Tacoma World Forums

And FWIW, imo, your buddy is as big a "Richard" as any of the dudes on TW.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:13 PM
bghnkinf250
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Until they fund the project, they can stick it! I do not like some of the things people here have done to their trucks, BUT I do respect the effort and work they have put into their trucks! (I am not picking on anyone here with the comment).

They probably do not like his truck because there are not 50,000 other ones that look EXACTLY like it. How much can you really do to a truck like that that is not bolt on and imported from Japan? I am not ripping on your friend, it sounds like you guys have done more than most or these guys who took their parent's credit card and bought their parts/truck. So long as he likes it, who cares?

Old 04-11-2010, 06:17 PM
85e150
Super Moderator
There was a comment on that thread saying the same thing--as long as he likes it, who cares? But if you look at the work he did and the work done by another guy.... Well, still, if he likes it, who cares..

Old 04-11-2010, 06:21 PM
bghnkinf250
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I could not even bring up the picture, but I did not read the whole thing. Just curious, was he a Richard before or after everyone ripped into him?

Old 04-11-2010, 06:34 PM
85e150
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by bghnkinf250
I could not even bring up the picture, but I did not read the whole thing. Just curious, was he a Richard before or after everyone ripped into him?
Well, he had a bit of an edge right out of the gate imo. As it got a bit more critical, he went for the F bomb at post 34, which, again imo, puts him at Full Richard instantly. Thread locked at post 56. IMO if you do the "submitted for your approval" thing, which is what he did, on an anonymous web site, you are asking for critical comment. And if you've ever read a couple posts on that site, you'd know there are folks who aren't going to "just be nice".

I'm sure he's a nice feller, same with the OP. But,..well, but..., uh, gosh, that is a "remarkable" job he done on that grill....

Old 04-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I can't see any pics of it.

I'd have to see it before I say anything,but they didn't make it sound like it was good.

However,i've always noticed that alot of the import guys can get cocky in a heartbeat.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Yeah. Unless you are a member you cant see the pics. I would like to see it too be fore i pass judgement.

Some people just should leave their tools at walmart:lol

Old 04-11-2010, 08:05 PM
roadhammer dave
Junior User
I could not see the pic but I scrolled through some of the comments. I have no appreciation for the dialogue. If FTE was in any way similar to the comments being thrown around on that forum, I would not be a member. I see nothing wrong with dis-liking someones mod but theres a big difference between giving an opinion and insulting the person who posted it. I have found a lot of respect and humour on FTE and don't have much tolerance for the imaturity shown on other forums. Sorry for the rant. Putting away my soapbox.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:19 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

And I will add.....

I checked out a few "Ford" themed forums before settling here. Honest opinions are welcome here and i appreciate that without having to sort through the name calling and bashing.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:26 PM
85e150
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by roadhammer dave
I could not see the pic but I scrolled through some of the comments. I have no appreciation for the dialogue. If FTE was in any way similar to the comments being thrown around on that forum, I would not be a member. I see nothing wrong with dis-liking someones mod but theres a big difference between giving an opinion and insulting the person who posted it. I have found a lot of respect and humour on FTE and don't have much tolerance for the imaturity shown on other forums. Sorry for the rant. Putting away my soapbox.
You make a good point, and to be fair to the OP, what's allowed on TW would not stand here. They did close the thread, but most of it would have been deleted here (starting especially with his buddy's comment).

I will say there are personal attacks here from time to time that the mods don't catch or let pass, but it is much more polite than TW and others.

Quick Reply: The amount of disrespect on other forums