Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver's seat and brake pedal wont adjust??

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 03:10 PM
goldsmje
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver's seat and brake pedal wont adjust??

Yesterday my wife used my 2002 Excursion and had to adjust the seat and brake pedal for her comfort. Now the seat or the pedal not work any longer. The seat memory buttons on the door don't work and the electric seat adjusting switch on the seat doesn't move the seat either. Also the brake pedal adjustment switch doesnt work either. I checked the owners guide to see try to fugure out which fuse may have blown; I didn't find any fuse labled electric seat? I did find fuse #1 was for adjustable pedals, and checked it to see it wasn't blown. I kept checking and checked fuse #15 "Drivers seat module memory", checked fuse # 29 "customer access" and those fuses are fine.

Does anyone have any insight or suggestions as to what's wrong and how to fix my adjustable driver's seat and brake pedal??

Old 04-11-2010, 05:07 PM
goldsmje
Senior User
I guess the nice weather on a Sunday has most people away from their computers....

Old 04-11-2010, 05:21 PM
DaveandJennyP
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine does that as well, but only once and a while. I have found if I stick my hand under the seat and wiggle the wires the seat and pedals will work again. I haven't explored it because it's not very often it happens. The first time it happened we were away from home camping and my wife went somewhere which meant the seat was all the way up. I went to get gas the night before our trek home and the seat wouldn't move. I was like "crap", I didn't want to drive all the way home pulling the trailer hugging the steering wheel. That time I waited until morning and they worked again. I thing in all, it has only happened 3-4 times. The seat and pedals rarely move because she doesn't drive it much. I assume there is a loose wire or connector under the seat.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:47 PM
goldsmje
Senior User
That same thing has happend to mine before also,...it stuck on her once or twice before. She told me about it and when I went out to check it, it worked for me. Not this time though, she got it stuck pretty darn good this time.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:04 PM
6ofus
New User
Did you ever find a solution to the problem? Our excursion is starting to do this now. It is stuck now for the third time, I am hoping it will start working by morning.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:11 AM
6ofus
New User
Has anyone else had this problem...and found a solution?

Old 11-13-2010, 08:15 AM
6DRHTRD
Freshman User
I'm having the same problem as of this morning

Old 11-13-2010, 08:23 AM
6DRHTRD
Freshman User
Jiggled the wires in the back of the seat that feeds the memory module and it started working

Old 11-14-2010, 06:28 PM
dcorry
Freshman User
Anyone know of a permanent fix for this? My search on this site has revealed others w/ same problem, but no one w/ the "Ah HA!" in identifying the culprit problem (like, for instance, it sounds like it is not a fuse problem, nor a motor problem; appears to be traceable to either some "wire connectors" under the seat that need attention or possibly the "seat memory module"--which actually makes more since as it's the single place where both the seat and the pedal systems (with their separate motors, etc).

I'm considering buying a 2002 Ex w/ this problem, and am trying to figure out how much allowance I should ask the seller in the selling price to factor this in.

I'll post back if I find anything out on further searches (or if I buy the Ex and get it fixed).

dave

Old 11-14-2010, 06:58 PM
dcorry
Freshman User
Ok. Did more searching. Found the following posts that may be helpful for Driver's Pedal/Seat/Memory adjustment problem (looks like it has to do w/ a corroding 'orange wire w/ green stripe' under the seat):

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...dont-work.html
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...h-seats-2.html

I'm a total newbie and I'm clueless how to fix this problem myself...Can I just take this info into my dealer (or another shop?? would that be cheaper??) and tell them to try this solution?

Thoughts? Thanks in advance. dave

Old 11-14-2010, 08:44 PM
6ofus
New User
Mine still does this. I'll have to check for these wires this weekend.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:08 PM
dcorry
Freshman User
great---best of luck! Please re-post as to how it goes so i can figure out where i need to go next.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:41 AM
perryg114
More Turbo
When did they start the adjustable brake pedal? I am not aware of mine having that feature.

Perry

Old 11-15-2010, 08:00 AM
6ofus
New User
I'm not sure what year they started offering adjustable pedals. Mine is an '03 and has it.

Old 08-14-2020, 12:47 AM
Jacky Lee
New User
I have F350 2008 6.4 power stroke diesel Lariat trim super cab with memory seat
My driver's seat and pedal won't adjust.
The common solution on youtube will not for this truck at all, as it only works for F150

I checked all the cable/wire, YES, I could get 12V out of the green&orange cable
replace seat control module, switch will not solve the problem

In the end, it is a pink fuse blown in the engine bay.
LOL

Quick Reply: Driver's seat and brake pedal wont adjust??