Aerostar Ford Aerostar

gas tank removal details

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 07:24 PM
jigsawbill
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get yourself a small hose because they have a hose attached inside the filler tube which extends into the tank about 12 inches. And it appears to be about 5/8ths inside/ Or you could go ahead and take your filler pipe loose and work it out with its hose and then siphon thru the big hose attached to the tank.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Pablo-UA
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by jigsawbill
Get yourself a small hose because they have a hose attached inside the filler tube which extends into the tank about 12 inches. And it appears to be about 5/8ths inside/ Or you could go ahead and take your filler pipe loose and work it out with its hose and then siphon thru the big hose attached to the tank.
aha and you can drink some gas too... well, i did it throuhgt filling neck too, I dont know why, but I could drain about a half...

Old 07-14-2015, 02:52 PM
Aerostarone
New User
Aerostar Fuel Pump Access Panel Cutout

Hello! After reading many reviews on bad and untrustworthy fuel pumps for the Aerostar Van i decided to take pictures and build a webpage of what i did and the dimensions of the cutout for an access panel making this easier for others.
I decided i would rather do this instead of possibly having to drop the tank multiple times.

It is hot as He** in florida working inside a vehicle and cutting out the panel but the work is done and thought this info might make it easier to understand and locate the fuel pump itself under all that carpet. Dave

Here is the web link: http://triodeamplification.com/Aerostar.html

Old 07-16-2015, 07:32 AM
KhanTyranitar
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That sounds like a lot of work, if you get a truly good pump, the van will die before you ever have to do this again. But dropping the tank is a pain.

Your guide needs some work. It is disorganized, and skips a lot of steps. I however need to look at my moms van again, since she says gas is leaking when she fils up, so something must be going on.

Finding a good fuel pump is not that hard. I've already told you all what works. Yes, a NOS Motorcraft part is good, but hard to find. But you can use a Walbro pump. They are made in the USA, and there are quite a few vendors on the internet. Walbro is the only other brand I trust, but they are quite easily found.