Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Fed Ex just made me a happy man!

Old 03-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Sycostang67
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking Fed Ex just made me a happy man!

I got my new bb injectors from russ today! He shipped them pretty quick. I cant wait to install them, but it probably wont happen for a week or two. I have to fix my sisters blazer...again.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:34 PM
idahodisco
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice Marry X-mas!! So what will these do that the old ones cant and what do thay cost?

Old 03-24-2010, 08:08 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Ya lets here the low down on these injectors. You can't leave us hanging lol.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:50 PM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now let's just hope all yer old injectors come out easy - I know for sure one of mine won't come out without a serious fight, I wish you to not run into this mess.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:00 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I got lucky and didn't even have to pull mine. I put the new ones in the new heads. I just hope that when I do have to change them they come out easy lol. But I hope that is a long way off.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:28 PM
mabc926
Elder User
Little anti-seize for the new ones.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:50 PM
mechelement
Cargo Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Are those Delphi's good injectors? I see them all over e-bay. Are they pop tested and matched? Are they new or rebuilt? What did those set you back? I'm getting the itch for injectors. I've looked at Oregon Fuel Injection and spoke with them on the phone. They're all pop tested and matched injectors, but they're rebuilt. I'm not sure if rebuilt injectors are any good.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:26 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Delphi's are very good injectors.Russ-AKA; typefour matches them.you can send him a pm for the price.they are new.
let us know how ya like the performance Sycostang.
how many miles ya got on the old set?

Old 03-25-2010, 12:28 AM
Festus Hagen
Methanoholic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Dyno it first ...

-Enjoy
fh : )_~

Old 03-25-2010, 02:27 AM
Sycostang67
Post Fiend
I got these from Russ so they are new injectors that he pressure matched. Total cost was $295, shipped with a new return line kit and viton o-rings. The bb code injectors are supposed to be the best ones ford put in the IDI. I currently have 127k miles on what appear to be original D code injectors. They work fine, but I am hoping the bb codes and getting my timing reset will give me a bit more power. I dyno'd my truck last year, and the only things I have changed since then are fixing my exhaust leaks and adding the hypermax intake. I'm hoping for a few more ponies at the next dyno event on may 6th. All the dodge guys are ragging on me since I haven't run at the last 2 events. Now I have a reason to run.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:59 AM
mechelement
Cargo Master
What's the difference between D code and BB code injectors? $295 isn't bad at all. I think the rebuilds I was looking at were around $29 each.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Sycostang67
Post Fiend
I've done a little reading, and other than the G code injectors which were more of an emmissions injector, the rest are all relatively the same. I guess the bb codes are easier to come by. The average service life for a set of injectors and the IP is around 100k miles, thats not to say they cant go longer if maintained properly. Since I already have a rebuilt IP I figured I may as well go the whole nine yards. I have also heard that since they started using the ULSD fuel, that advancing the timing will help safely recover some of the lost power. My hope is that with everything new and matched and the timing set accordingly, my truck will be at the top of it's game.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:41 AM
mechelement
Cargo Master
Do you notice an improvement with those new injectors installed and the timing set right?

Who's Russ? I want to buy a set of injectors and a number one fuel line (IP to Injector). I was considering rebuilt injectors from OFI, but "rebuilt injectors" just doesn't sound right to me for some reason.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:57 PM
wreckinball
Postmaster
I got a matched set of BB's from a good shop here, they made a lot of difference. Syco, with turbo you are getting 173 wheel hp? Is that right?

Old 04-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Sycostang67
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by mechelement
Do you notice an improvement with those new injectors installed and the timing set right?

Yeah, now that everything is setup right, my truck is running awesome. My turbo is spooling quicker and making a little more boost than before. I also turned the fuel up another flat. I dont think there is anything left for me to improve on right now.

Who's Russ? I want to buy a set of injectors and a number one fuel line (IP to Injector). I was considering rebuilt injectors from OFI, but "rebuilt injectors" just doesn't sound right to me for some reason.

Russ goes by the handle typefour on this forum I believe and typ4 on oilburners. His injectors are new, not rebuilt but he takes the time to pressure test them and install shims to ensure they all pop at similar pressures. $295 gets you the injectors, with a new return line kit, viton rings and it includes the shipping which is pretty quick.
Originally Posted by wreckinball
I got a matched set of BB's from a good shop here, they made a lot of difference. Syco, with turbo you are getting 173 wheel hp? Is that right?
Yes, that is correct. Hopefully it will be a little higher when I dyno again in may.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fed Ex just made me a happy man!