General Automotive Discussion

Zombie survival, FTE style...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 09:06 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 460/5
lamo! sure. and we can use their fat to make glycerin as well. add some nitric acid and whoala: nitroglycerin...
Glycerol is a by-product of biodiesel production, and I do have 5 gal of Nitric acid........................

I'll make the Bio, YOU make the Nitro!

Old 03-23-2010, 09:11 AM
SaikotikGunman
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ideally, we'd all go in for diesel or natural gas/LP conversions at some point, and settle down into a good agricultural region, such as Lancaster, and just grow soybeans to make biodiesel. The gassers can get set up to run hydrogen if we can set up an electrolysis system and the fuel cells and pressurization systems required. Use solar or biodiesel generators to produce the electricity required.

Refined gasoline, oil wells, and such things can't be expected to keep us going forever. Gas spoils, and I don't think enough of us know what we're doing to run a refinery and oil well.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:11 AM
SaikotikGunman
Posting Guru
And if I haven't mentioned it lately, I want to be as many truck lengths away from 460/5 as possible at all times. Opposite side of camp, even.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:20 AM
460/5
Zombie Survivalist
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Glycerol is a by-product of biodiesel production, and I do have 5 gal of Nitric acid........................

I'll make the Bio, YOU make the Nitro!
DEAL!!

Originally Posted by SaikotikGunman
And if I haven't mentioned it lately, I want to be as many truck lengths away from 460/5 as possible at all times. Opposite side of camp, even.
what??! lol. and why is that??

Old 03-23-2010, 09:28 AM
SaikotikGunman
Posting Guru
You want to make nitroglycerin, and presumably keep it in your truck. Your truck that you want to put a V plow on and batter through abandoned vehicles with.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:36 AM
460/5
Zombie Survivalist
rotfl... no, you have to understand. you mix the the nitro with diatomaceous earth, or probably in our case just some sawdust, add a blastin cap, (probably just some gun powder for us) with a fuse goin to it. wrap it in some heavy paper or put it in pipes, and you get dynamite, which is perfectly safe to handle.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:01 AM
SaikotikGunman
Posting Guru
I'll still pass...

Old 03-23-2010, 11:12 AM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Yeah, I got the feeling Trey will be making the nitro way out of camp, lol. But I'd have to disagree with the choice of land to set base on, PA is way too north for my liking for one, and what are we gonna do when winter hits? I hear it was pretty bad this year, can't expect it to get any better in the future. I think we should head south, where we can be growing our foods all year round, and we won't have to worry about heating and such...

Old 03-23-2010, 11:20 AM
93 mix 'n match
Posting Guru
hah this is epic!

so i guess by the time an infection turns the population into zombies, ill have my built 5.4, beefed up tranny and 9.75 rear. so ill get a nice front bumper, not a ranch hand, but zombie-resistant one, load my passanger seat up with firearms and ill be a scout.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:21 AM
93 mix 'n match
Posting Guru
also, if the zombies strike out of no where, where will we all meet?

Old 03-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Redcat Diesel
Posting Guru
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 460/5
yes sir, clay. if you read up, i stated the firearms requirements for all the vehicles. one of those requirements is two (yes 2) 12 gauges per vehicle.
Hey Trey, my goof. This thread really took off and I was trying to speed read posts when I was way too tired.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:57 PM
SaikotikGunman
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 93 mix 'n match
also, if the zombies strike out of no where, where will we all meet?
Centrally, Dearborn or Wayne Michigan would be appropriate, I think, but on either coast... I think Norfolk, VA on the east coast... not sure what the west coasters should do.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:37 PM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Do not meet in Dearborn or Wayne, or anywhere in the Detroit Metro area for that matter - way too densely populated with civilians, and while a lot of them have guns they are still city folks who will not stand much of a chance once all their neighbors start dropping like flies and then dropping by to say hi and have some brains fir breakfast. I'd imagine the situation in Norfolk would be better cause of all the military facilities, but that's still lots of civilians around there which have the potential to turn into an overwhelming zombie army that's a bit too much even for the boys and girls in uniforms. I'd think we need some places that are far away from major cities, and where the perimeter is fairly easily defensible - which automatically excludes locations in forests and mountains, as it will be too hard to spot the advancing zombies and there are usually only a few ways in and out of town... Maybe strip-mining facilities would do good for that purpose, as there are usually a ways away from civilization, and they are mostly bare land so easy for us to regroup on and hard for the zombies to sneak up on us?

Old 03-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Furyus1
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't zombies live on BBRRRRAAAAIIINNNNSSSS? There doesn't seem to be an overly large supply of that commodity around these parts... But then, I guess they don't necessarily need to be functional brains to feed a zombie, do they?

Old 03-23-2010, 02:38 PM
skyfox10
Posting Guru
what about somewhere Kentucky or Tennessee? centrally located and I would think that there may be large areas of farmland that have been deforested. At least I know a lot of Indiana is like that.

Quick Reply: Zombie survival, FTE style...