General Automotive Discussion

Zombie survival, FTE style...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 10:01 PM
David85
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by first today
Since when are educational videos up to date?
Yeah ok, you win.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:07 PM
460/5
Zombie Survivalist
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol. this thread always brightens my day.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Furyus1
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 460/5
i told you furyus, a thermite launcher is pretty much impossible. its a place and ignite sort of material. its a powder. might make for some good booby traps though.
Ah, but I believe there is still a way to launch it - Any archers here? Fire an arrow with a thermite payload that "dusts" the critter on impact then fire a second arrow with a flaming tip...

Silent but deadly...

Maybe get two archers - one for the dusting and the other to light the zom-b-q...

Booby traps? I was thinking something along the lines of impaling the critters on barbed spikes - they won't be going anywhere soon and fun can be had by all... A little target practice perhaps? I'm thinking it'd make a good chance to find out just how long it takes for the zom-b-q to render the critter harmless...

Old 03-29-2010, 10:51 PM
first today
Postmaster

Has anyone seen this film? It looks very good. I need to see about renting this.

This has me thinking again. There will be other factions trying to survive that are not going to be friendly just because you are not a zombie. They may need to be dealt with. What is the consensus for this?

Also years ago I read a book about scientists take on global evolution. They claim, as the polar caps melt it will throw the earth out of balance and cause the world to shift 2 degrees. This will change the planets rotation, making the equator move and the north and south poles would no longer be the axis for earth. Of course the sunami's and quakes will come forth. The scientists believe that the great lakes will empty briefly and that water from the north will force down the Mississippi river.This sudden rush along with the fault lines would cause the U.S. to be divided into 2 continents. The now port of new orleans would be shreveport and arkansas would be the coastline. California and florida would be under water. Complete anarchy would erupt if this happened forcing the same choices we are making now as far as zombies.

I wish I could remember the name of the book.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:02 PM
skyfox10
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by first today
This has me thinking again. There will be other factions trying to survive that are not going to be friendly just because you are not a zombie. They may need to be dealt with. What is the consensus for this?
I've always been a fan of the (don't fire unless fired upon strategy). Then again, I wouldn't exactly trust anyone I came in contact with. It's really a tough choice, someone you harbor one minute, might be taking munitions the next.

Teamwork builds success, while competition hinders it. I don't think there is an easy answer to this.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:07 PM
David85
Lead Driver
Mehh, seems far fetched. You have to remember thats the same hollywood crowd that tried to tell us that global warming would cause the earth to freeze over. Now back to the REAL crisis.....

I think we can keep the peace between each other long enough to make it to the next zombie massacre. After a few good killing sprees together doubt we will have much of a problem with each other as comradery takes hold. You have a chip on your shoulder? take it out on the zombies

And with scouts like me and trigger happy nut cases like 460/5 to scare up all sorts of trouble, I don't think we will have a shortage of undead things to shoot at. Now if we ever run out of zombies.....well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we get there.

For now, I've got your back. Feel better?

Old 03-29-2010, 11:14 PM
first today
Postmaster

The thing is, we would be trying to survive and meet up to make our mass. If a small group of us ran up on a larger survival group, it could be a poor outcome for the small group. Fighting zombies may not unite all unturned humans. These other factions may want initiations to mingle with them or unpleasant favors for there protection while gaining passage.

I am not trying to bring down the mood here. I am just posting reality. Humans do these things now without zombies and with laws enforced. Chaos after the apocalypse will be beyond what has been discussed so far.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:26 PM
460/5
Zombie Survivalist
Originally Posted by David85
Mehh, seems far fetched. You have to remember thats the same hollywood crowd that tried to tell us that global warming would cause the earth to freeze over. Now back to the REAL crisis.....
if the ice caps melted, the water level wouldnt change, or if anything, it would drop. think of ice cubes that melt in a glass of water. same concept.

I think we can keep the peace between each other long enough to make it to the next zombie massacre. After a few good killing sprees together doubt we will have much of a problem with each other as comradery takes hold. You have a chip on your shoulder? take it out on the zombies
dude, there are gonna be people who only care about themselves survivin, and they will try to shack our jit. part of the reason i plan on havin such an up-armored vehicle as i will, will be to stop bullets too. also, IEDs are a very real possibility, and what better raid to find than a whole convoy of up-armored, well maintained vehicles stocked to the brim with supplies? we gotta be on guard. we have briefly covered this subject on other pages as well.

...trigger happy nut cases like 460/5...
why thank you very much!

Old 03-29-2010, 11:39 PM
David85
Lead Driver
if the ice caps melted, the water level wouldnt change, or if anything, it would drop. think of ice cubes that melt in a glass of water. same concept.
Hey no argument from me man. I'm no fan of that "crowd".

dude, there are gonna be people who only care about themselves survivin, and they will try to shack our jit. part of the reason i plan on havin such an up-armored vehicle as i will, will be to stop bullets too. also, IEDs are a very real possibility, and what better raid to find than a whole convoy of up-armored, well maintained vehicles stocked to the brim with supplies? we gotta be on guard. we have briefly covered this subject on other pages as well.
I see your point. Best I can think of is start prepairing now and be ready to roll when the fit hits the shan. Strike while the iron is hot. With any luck we can get together before the crazies or the zombies get "organized".

why thank you very much!
Your welcome. But you haven't seen me drive yet.....

Old 03-30-2010, 12:02 AM
460/5
Zombie Survivalist
haha. you havent seen ME drive yet either.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:05 AM
skyfox10
Posting Guru
I, in no way want to argue global warming one way or the other. But the ice melting is just a temporary buffer for the temp increase. What happens is that Ice is reflective. Where this ice was, you have either water or land, which will absorb heat rather than reflect the energy as light. From then on, the world will absorb more heat energy from the sun.

I know this because I studied chem in school. Plus my current Job is getting into the realm of reflective roof coatings.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:10 AM
460/5
Zombie Survivalist
yuppers. we are actually coverin weather right now. the main point is about the water level. and if more heat is absorbed, more water evaporates, and more clouds are formed, again regulatin temps.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:16 AM
Plums72
Elder User
I love this thread. you guys are flippin sweet, got it all planned.
As for my qualifications, i can drive anything with wheels, a decent mechanic, a pyro, and i have a knack for electronics

Oh and Kyle, i saw that movie, it was pretty good, it was real gritty and seemed like it could be real.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Plums72
Elder User
also, we should also remember elevations, and their effects on our rigs, and the temps, i know my truck does NOT like the cold too much. but will roll in hell temperatures all day

Old 03-30-2010, 12:26 AM
David85
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by skyfox10
I, in no way want to argue global warming one way or the other. But the ice melting is just a temporary buffer for the temp increase. What happens is that Ice is reflective. Where this ice was, you have either water or land, which will absorb heat rather than reflect the energy as light. From then on, the world will absorb more heat energy from the sun.

I know this because I studied chem in school. Plus my current Job is getting into the realm of reflective roof coatings.
As a former alarmist now turned vocal skeptic, I can say I don't want to argue it here either LOL.

Quick Reply: Zombie survival, FTE style...