Lets see your truck RIGHT now - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Lets see your truck RIGHT now

Reply

 
 
 
  #31  
Old 03-18-2010, 02:46 PM
mt54's Avatar
mt54
mt54 is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Northwestern PA
Posts: 1,074
mt54 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
  #32  
Old 03-18-2010, 05:24 PM
4tl8ford's Avatar
4tl8ford
4tl8ford is offline
Post Fiend
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Erie, pa
Posts: 7,435
4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold
Today - 18 Mar 2010
Hasn't been touched since last fall.


NOTE: - The red Explorer behind the panel hasn't been driven since before Thanksgiving of 2009.
 
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-18-2010, 05:27 PM
jake08's Avatar
jake08
jake08 is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cypress,Ca.
Posts: 807
jake08 has a good reputation on FTE.jake08 has a good reputation on FTE.jake08 has a good reputation on FTE.
Hi all; great looking trucks! Please check out my gallery for more pictures.
 
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-18-2010, 05:58 PM
HD74's Avatar
HD74
HD74 is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Gunbarrel, Co.
Posts: 915
HD74 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Inprogress but getting closer.[/IMG][/IMG]
 
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-18-2010, 06:00 PM
71mach351's Avatar
71mach351
71mach351 is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Burlington, Vermont
Posts: 117
71mach351 is starting off with a positive reputation.


 
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-18-2010, 06:09 PM
jniolon's Avatar
jniolon
jniolon is online now
Postmaster
Join Date: Jul 1997
Location: Beautiful Hueytown Alabam
Posts: 4,123
jniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant future
front



back



the middle ain't much interesting !

John
 
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Stephen67's Avatar
Stephen67
Stephen67 is offline
Postmaster
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 2,606
Stephen67 has a very good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a very good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a very good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Oh sure, post a clean frame with awesome suspension. (lol take a look at the topic I just posted on shortening the frame, nothing like 50 years worth of oil and dirt...), it will make you proud, lol.
 
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Drewski 2's Avatar
Drewski 2
Drewski 2 is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lavergne, Tn.
Posts: 803
Drewski 2 has much to be proud ofDrewski 2 has much to be proud ofDrewski 2 has much to be proud ofDrewski 2 has much to be proud ofDrewski 2 has much to be proud ofDrewski 2 has much to be proud ofDrewski 2 has much to be proud ofDrewski 2 has much to be proud ofDrewski 2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sofob0909 View Post
Hey Drewski. WOW your truck looks great. I love the look. Im after the same type of thing. Can you give some details of what you have done to the fenders, bed, rear pan?

How much wider are those fenders that stock?
Is the bed widened?
How deep are the tubs?
What did you do to the tailgate? Put it inside the bed rails?
What did you do with the pieces after the fenders?
Is the bed bottom raised up? (dont know the official term for this)
What type of head lights are those?
Do you have the little bed roll dot lights?

Thanks
I love this look. I just have to know what you did so i can get my proportions right the way i want them.


Steve
Ok Steve,

To start off the fenders are 3" wider than stock. I took the easy way out and bought Fairlane fiberglas fenders.
The bed is very nearly stock dimension. I did tweak it a little here and there but not by any appreciable amount.
The tubs were made from a trailer fender cut in half. I used enough of each half to allow me to run a tire and wheel combo that would just clear my suspension.
The tailgate was custom built and yes it closes inside the bedsides.
The pieces behind the fenders????? Without going into any long explanation just take a look at my gallery and pm me with any questions that you might have.
The bed floor may be slightly raised but not intentionally.
The tail lights are glass cab clearance lights from an 18 wheeler. Some of the big truck dealers have a custom parts showroom with more chrome goodies than you would imagine. A great place to find parts that can be adapted to our trucks.
I do intend to run led lights in the end of my bed roll openings.
The rear pan was formed in a slip roll, but could have been formed over any cylindrical shape that has a diameter close to what you want for the pan

If you have a welder and a way to cut the metal parts, I would encourage you to take a shot at building your own bed. Of all the custom touches that I have built into my vehicles over the years, the bed was probably one of the easiest I've done. You don't have to shape the metal like you would for fenders, hoods, etc......no compound curves. The cost to build the bed including the tailgate was less than $500 in materials.

Thanks for the compliments. Let me know if you need more detailed answers.

Drewski
 
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Julies Cool F1
Julies Cool F1 is offline
Post Fiend
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Poway, Ca.
Posts: 7,641
Julies Cool F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Julies Cool F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Julies Cool F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Julies Cool F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Julies Cool F1 has a great reputation on FTE.
Hey Marty,

You got the wheels on it and a milk crate to sit on - time for a drive!
 
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-18-2010, 09:35 PM
HD74's Avatar
HD74
HD74 is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Gunbarrel, Co.
Posts: 915
HD74 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Julies Cool F1 View Post
Hey Marty,

You got the wheels on it and a milk crate to sit on - time for a drive!
True enought, but no way to steer it.
 
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-18-2010, 10:22 PM
vintage56's Avatar
vintage56
vintage56 is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mustang ,OK
Posts: 766
vintage56 is starting off with a positive reputation.
here's a pic:
























oh wait, no pic 'cause I was the guy in line behind the guy that bought the local mid-50's COE. okay between this and the whiny thread I started, I think I'm done cryin. at least until I go to bed tonight.

JML
 
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-18-2010, 10:48 PM
53pickemuptruck's Avatar
53pickemuptruck
53pickemuptruck is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: White Hall , Illinois
Posts: 467
53pickemuptruck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.53pickemuptruck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
This is where we sit right now. Didn't show up in this post but I have some shots im my last Gallery.
 
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-18-2010, 11:04 PM
sofob0909
sofob0909 is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 122
sofob0909 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Drewski 2 View Post
Ok Steve,

To start off the fenders are 3" wider than stock. I took the easy way out and bought Fairlane fiberglas fenders.
The bed is very nearly stock dimension. I did tweak it a little here and there but not by any appreciable amount.
The tubs were made from a trailer fender cut in half. I used enough of each half to allow me to run a tire and wheel combo that would just clear my suspension.
The tailgate was custom built and yes it closes inside the bedsides.
The pieces behind the fenders????? Without going into any long explanation just take a look at my gallery and pm me with any questions that you might have.
The bed floor may be slightly raised but not intentionally.
The tail lights are glass cab clearance lights from an 18 wheeler. Some of the big truck dealers have a custom parts showroom with more chrome goodies than you would imagine. A great place to find parts that can be adapted to our trucks.
I do intend to run led lights in the end of my bed roll openings.
The rear pan was formed in a slip roll, but could have been formed over any cylindrical shape that has a diameter close to what you want for the pan

If you have a welder and a way to cut the metal parts, I would encourage you to take a shot at building your own bed. Of all the custom touches that I have built into my vehicles over the years, the bed was probably one of the easiest I've done. You don't have to shape the metal like you would for fenders, hoods, etc......no compound curves. The cost to build the bed including the tailgate was less than $500 in materials.

Thanks for the compliments. Let me know if you need more detailed answers.

Drewski
thanks drewski,
I did take a look at your gallery briefly and your work is fantastic.
I am a student, young one, newbie, ext. so i am mostly gathering info on what i like and what looks amazing and your bed is that, AMAZING.
Im learning slowing in the school show how to mig and tig so im getting there. I think the $500 in materials is great compared to the $1300 to buy and then $400 to ship. Plus its custom and nothing is cooler than custom in my book.

Thanks for the details. if i have any other questions as i look closer ill shoot it at ya

Thanks again,

Stephen
 
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-19-2010, 01:03 AM
52 Merc's Avatar
52 Merc
52 Merc is online now
Post Fiend
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Burbank, WA
Posts: 7,094
52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of
Here we are guys. She ain't very pretty, but she's an Emmie!




Recent things done would be the removal of the rotten flatbed wood, the head-bonking spotlight (the handle of which came through the sun visor hole, above the windshield, and was inches from your forehead when sitting inside. Not real safe. lol), adjusting the mirror bracket so it doesn't look so catty-wampus, and the addition of a new tail light. I have a bracket on order to install one on the other side. My goal presently is to make it look presentable for pictures, so I can get a title for it. Bureaucracy really annoys me.
 
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-19-2010, 02:51 AM
51PanelMan's Avatar
51PanelMan
51PanelMan is offline
Post Fiend
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 7,659
51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 52 Merc View Post
Here we are guys. She ain't very pretty, but she's an Emmie!



Recent things done would be the removal of the rotten flatbed wood.
Wayne,

You really need the complete 51/52 bed that I just picked up. I might be able to make it as far as Wenatchee, WA.


Here's the 51 Panel as of 3-18-10. Has sat virtually untouched for the past 3-4 years. It starts and runs for a short while. Need to figure out why it backfires.



Here's the 52 Panel. It's been also sitting untouched for about the same time as the 51. It's been sitting outside without a cover for almost a year and I can start to see the weather taking its toll on the Maaco paint. I've been collecting parts and slowly working on her to make her driveable again. Hopefully sometime this summer she'll be back!

 
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lets see your truck RIGHT now


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.