Lets see your truck RIGHT now - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Lets see your truck RIGHT now

Old 03-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Julies Cool F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Julies Cool F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Julies Cool F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Julies Cool F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Julies Cool F1 has a great reputation on FTE.
It's at the spring shop getting new back springs and pinion angle set (Tony drove it today and said the angle was off almost 15 degrees!) He's building me a custome hitch too!

Will a picture of the new little trailer count? It's almost done - back bumper is all I need and I think I found one!

Name:  007 - Copy.jpg
Views: 4571
Size:  269.2 KB

Old 03-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Drewski 2
Elder User
Drewski 2 has much to be proud ofDrewski 2 has much to be proud ofDrewski 2 has much to be proud ofDrewski 2 has much to be proud ofDrewski 2 has much to be proud ofDrewski 2 has much to be proud ofDrewski 2 has much to be proud ofDrewski 2 has much to be proud ofDrewski 2 has much to be proud of
Haven't done anything to mine in a while except maybe wiping off some dust by walking too close to it. Had a total knee replacement a while back and I've been sort of taking it easy trying to heal up.

I did spend some time today buffing out the stainless panel that will go in the header panel of the bed. I hope to be back at it soon since the weather has gotten warmer.

Drewski

Old 03-17-2010, 08:31 PM
larryb346
Elder User
larryb346 has a good reputation on FTE.larryb346 has a good reputation on FTE.larryb346 has a good reputation on FTE.
ttp://lh4.ggpht.com/_MDCQRCAe-kw/S4XouSOlrhI/AAAAAAAACS0/JLu3oi8aD1s/s720/DSC_8972.JPG
Well we will see how this works. This was my first drive after working on it a couple years and it went into the shop, installed running boards and it's still sitting waiting for warm weather to finish it.
Well that picture thing didn't work out so well

Old 03-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Stephen67
Postmaster
Stephen67 has a very good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a very good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a very good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a very good reputation on FTE.

forgot the IMG code

Old 03-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Stephen67
Postmaster
Stephen67 has a very good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a very good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a very good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Some great looking trucks!

Bobby; lol no worries, if you saw my garage around my "finished" '67 Mustang you'd feel much better, lol

Old 03-17-2010, 09:16 PM
sofob0909
Senior User
sofob0909 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Drewski 2 View Post
Haven't done anything to mine in a while except maybe wiping off some dust by walking too close to it. Had a total knee replacement a while back and I've been sort of taking it easy trying to heal up.

I did spend some time today buffing out the stainless panel that will go in the header panel of the bed. I hope to be back at it soon since the weather has gotten warmer.

Drewski
Hey Drewski. WOW your truck looks great. I love the look. Im after the same type of thing. Can you give some details of what you have done to the fenders, bed, rear pan?

How much wider are those fenders that stock?
Is the bed widened?
How deep are the tubs?
What did you do to the tailgate? Put it inside the bed rails?
What did you do with the pieces after the fenders?
Is the bed bottom raised up? (dont know the official term for this)
What type of head lights are those?
Do you have the little bed roll dot lights?

Thanks
I love this look. I just have to know what you did so i can get my proportions right the way i want them.

Steve

Old 03-17-2010, 09:33 PM
vintage tin
Senior User
vintage tin is starting off with a positive reputation.
this was last saturday.

this is today.

progress is a good thing.
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/wathendad/Pictures/Adobe/Digital%20Camera%20Photos/2010-03-17-1938-40/DSCI0194.JPG[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/wathendad/Pictures/Adobe/Digital%20Camera%20Photos/2010-03-17-1938-40/DSCI0194.JPG[/IMG]

Old 03-17-2010, 09:39 PM
Stephen67
Postmaster
Check out his gallery, I book marked it the first time I saw it, lol. Lots of good pictures and how to on building a bed like that. He has his rollpan and tailgate on there as well.

I still really love how the back stakes flow and curve down, espcailly with the added on piece... I'm afraid I'm going to have to steal that idea... it just looks how it should have from the factory.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:41 PM
Stephen67
Postmaster
Roy, hey a Montana truck? Mine is from around Butte, MT, lived there in Montana since the dealer ... well till I came along, lol.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:11 PM
vintage tin
Senior User
vintage tin is starting off with a positive reputation.
those are just the mudflaps that came on the truck.

it was born and raised in southern Alberta,Canada(well maybe not born here,i think it was built in Oakville, Ontario,Canada.).im about 45 min north of the Montana border.

bobby,is that a 64 or so econoline headlight trim on the wall under the coke sign,that hood airplane on the back wall looks just like the one i have(might find its way on to the hood of my truck.)

Old 03-17-2010, 10:39 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by vintage tin View Post

bobby,is that a 64 or so econoline headlight trim on the wall under the coke sign,that hood airplane on the back wall looks just like the one i have(might find its way on to the hood of my truck.)
Wow, good eye. Yea I dug it out of the sand out in the desert. There's several hood ornaments hanging about; a 53 Caddy, a mid 50's Oldsmobile, the bird, heck I think I even have an old Autocar one somewhere. A garage just has to have wall art. I have a the grill from a 46 Chrysler, the dash from a late 40's Plymouth, heck there's even the remnants of some old pedal cars hanging from the ceiling.

Maybe we should start another picture thread about garage wall art....lol

fedman, WOW! That nailhead looks great in there!! Nicely done!

Bobby

Old 03-17-2010, 11:36 PM
fixnair
Posting Guru
fixnair has a very good reputation on FTE.fixnair has a very good reputation on FTE.fixnair has a very good reputation on FTE.fixnair has a very good reputation on FTE.
Well, heres mine. You kinda have to use your imagination. I got started sandblasting today.

Attached Images  
Old 03-18-2010, 04:10 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold
it's the most current pic i have about 2 months ago , and it's sat there or the other drive for a freakin' year now . not for much longer though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Attachment 22181

Old 03-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Elder User
3414 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Mine is still on the trailer, have to clear out a place in the barn for it. Only difference today is that the snow is finally gone.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Tom92F150
Senior User
Tom92F150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here's how she sat this morning when I started working on her:

And here's how she sits right now:

The 10.25 is just mocked up. After I post this, I'm going out to finish welding and painting it.

After that, this is going under the hood:

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.